cieloazul

December 22nd, 2008 interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some details from my wife's interview are posted below. We didn't get the pink slips as hoped but after she turns in the docs they asked for, we're praying we'll get the visas soon afterwards.

December 22nd, 2008 interview at USEM:

After waiting queue coz the security outside the embassy inspecting the bags and asked to show him my ID,he told me to proceed to gate2 and waited for the applicant before us to get inspected. They have all of our things inspected; bags, folders etc. and each of us. No cell phones, no electronic device. Paulo brought his bakugan toys it has magnetic cards so the scanner kept beeping so were wondering if he brought his gameboy, but glad to find out it was just the bakugans.After passing through the security, we turned right to immigrant visa are, then went to ticket booth, the woman asked me the appt letter, ds 156&157 with pictures 1 copies each then asked us for more US passport pictures. She stapled the other copies.(2 total).We had to wait for my name to be called ,window 33 for fingerprinting .The children didn’t have to do the fingerprinting even though they were looking forward to it.

We waited again for our number /ticket to flash on board. We were called at window 23, a nice guy in his late 30's or early 40's, asked me questions name, petitioner's name, when did we meet, where and how long ago. He also asked about my annulled marriage, what I do, how I’ve raised my children before I met my husband. He asked for W-2, ISR (tax return transcripts) for 2005, 2006 and 2007. Even thought the 2007 was missing so he had to go through the papers, I had too, coz he couldn’t find it at first. Then at last he did, thank God. He took the children’s baptismal certificates, birth certificates, marriage cert, phone records,(that was the phone bills I handed to him not my husband's phone bills funny, he made a comment about digitel and telling me that he didn’t pay coz it's not a good service, I agreed that there were times I didn’t have phone working and internet.. then we laughed, when I was close to comfortable laughing, I said to myself ok enough...hahahah...he then took the remittances receipts, NBI & police clearance, annulment papers, and asked for pictures, but he changed his mind, then he said, I can show it to the CO later. And so the prescreening was done, I thanked him and then we sat back down again in the blue chairs. When it was lunch break, the 'usherette' or female guide asked everyone to take a break, as the windows were closed too. We got back at 1 PM the numbers were flashing again by 1:10 PM. We were waiting as patiently as possible as some were called a little after 2 PM to window 27. We were asked to sit n the chairs outside the room of windows 27 & 28...One of the applicants was already outside the room waiting for her turn. She said I would be at window 27 and just wait for the male applicant to walk out of the room and then I can go in...I was nervous and so was my son, Paulo. That was funny, but amazed that how important it is to him that we passed. A little later the applicant in line at window 28, said that the female applicant who had been crying came out of the CO’s room, window27, the one I was to enter so that really scared me.

We proceeded into the CO’s room after the male applicant who preceded us finished his interview. The pretty CO ( she's Princess Diana look-a-like) Hello and Good afternoon Maam,, She greeted back with a smile too.The kids sat already but I didn’t until she said I can take a seat. then I said thank you. First she asked to raise our right hand and sworn that we will tell the truth,

And so the interview went.: asked the petitioner's name, my name, who was with me, ( my kids) Are there any children, How old my husband is, birthday, when did we meet and where, when did we get married, for how long, when did he come here, and how long did he stay. Has he visited me after we got married? Was he married before me? She reacted in doubts when I told her, my husband visited only once, and I told her why. And then asked why never got married and he's 49 already.

Looked on my papers each time and wrote something. Then asked me that the cert of no marriage has the weird bar code, (coz it has expired) Then why the photocopy only of my annulled Marriage cert with annotation that its null and void etc. I told her the DFA took it when I applied for passports using my husband’s name. Then she said, I should give them the same copy. I was wrong to say but. I was thinking I wouldn’t get any of the same copy since I asked for another and I got the certification from NSO that the marriage with my ex husband has no record (only to realized I put the July month instead of June). There was no record of our current marriage because I mistakenly submitted the wrong month to the NSO when getting the CENMAR.

The CO asked me if I have relatives in the US and I told her that I had two sisters and gave her the states where they lived. CO asked me what they do; told her I have a sister who is a nurse, and another one who was married to an American but were divorced last October. She asked why and told her because he didn’t treat them as he did before; she looked down on our papers again and asked am I going to visit them, (sisters) told her maybe meet them at my POE. She followed up with question, where will be your POE?; I told her LAX or Detroit. Asked again where my sisters live and where I will stay and live and then I answered , one of my sister lives in AZ and the other one in KY, but I will stay in ....FL, and she said who lives in FL? I said my husband. Oh...I thought you'll live in AZ..The CO though she's nice is tricky with questions..

She wasn't satisfied so she looks at my kids and asked my daughter, how does she feel moving to America and living there etc. I had to translate it to my daughter coz she didn’t hear it and was nervous, when unexpectedly asked : My daughter answered with a smile that she was excited, and I think that made CO looked ok.

Then she said, (I forget what exactly what she said) so that’s it, just give what we asked you to, and we can.......the visas... So I said thank you Maam and Merry Christmas, she said the same..

We went out and took the seats at the releasing area window 37..The releasing officer gave me back the remittances, pictures, and my phone bills, then the 2white slips and blue letter. He told me that it’s ok to bring the requirements without the kids.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Some details from my wife's interview are posted below. We didn't get the pink slips as hoped but after she turns in the docs they asked for, we're praying we'll get the visas soon afterwards.

After waiting queue coz the security outside the embassy inspecting the bags and asked to show him my ID,he told me to proceed to gate2 and waited for the applicant before us to get inspected. They have all of our things inspected; bags, folders etc. and each of us. No cell phones, no electronic device. Paulo brought his bakugan toys it has magnetic cards so the scanner kept beeping so were wondering if he brought his gameboy, but glad to find out it was just the bakugans.After passing through the security, we turned right to immigrant visa are, then went to ticket booth, the woman asked me the appt letter, ds 156&157 with pictures 1 copies each then asked us for more US passport pictures. She stapled the other copies.(2 total).We had to wait for my name to be called ,window 33 for fingerprinting .The children didn’t have to do the fingerprinting even though they were looking forward to it.

We waited again for our number /ticket to flash on board. We were called at window 23, a nice guy in his late 30's or early 40's, asked me questions name, petitioner's name, when did we meet, where and how long ago. He also asked about my annulled marriage, what I do, how I’ve raised my children before I met my husband. He asked for W-2, ISR (tax return transcripts) for 2005, 2006 and 2007. Even thought the 2007 was missing so he had to go through the papers, I had too, coz he couldn’t find it at first. Then at last he did, thank God. He took the children’s baptismal certificates, birth certificates, marriage cert, phone records,(that was the phone bills I handed to him not my husband's phone bills funny, he made a comment about digitel and telling me that he didn’t pay coz it's not a good service, I agreed that there were times I didn’t have phone working and internet.. then we laughed, when I was close to comfortable laughing, I said to myself ok enough...hahahah...he then took the remittances receipts, NBI & police clearance, annulment papers, and asked for pictures, but he changed his mind, then he said, I can show it to the CO later. And so the prescreening was done, I thanked him and then we sat back down again in the blue chairs. When it was lunch break, the 'usherette' or female guide asked everyone to take a break, as the windows were closed too. We got back at 1 PM the numbers were flashing again by 1:10 PM. We were waiting as patiently as possible as some were called a little after 2 PM to window 27. We were asked to sit n the chairs outside the room of windows 27 & 28...One of the applicants was already outside the room waiting for her turn. She said I would be at window 27 and just wait for the male applicant to walk out of the room and then I can go in...I was nervous and so was my son, Paulo. That was funny, but amazed that how important it is to him that we passed. A little later the applicant in line at window 28, said that the female applicant who had been crying came out of the CO’s room, window27, the one I was to enter so that really scared me.

We proceeded into the CO’s room after the male applicant who preceded us finished his interview. The pretty CO ( she's Princess Diana look-a-like) Hello and Good afternoon Maam,, She greeted back with a smile too.The kids sat already but I didn’t until she said I can take a seat. then I said thank you. First she asked to raise our right hand and sworn that we will tell the truth,

And so the interview went.: asked the petitioner's name, my name, who was with me, ( my kids) Are there any children, How old my husband is, birthday, when did we meet and where, when did we get married, for how long, when did he come here, and how long did he stay. Has he visited me after we got married? Was he married before me? She reacted in doubts when I told her, my husband visited only once, and I told her why. And then asked why never got married and he's 49 already.

Looked on my papers each time and wrote something. Then asked me that the cert of no marriage has the weird bar code, (coz it has expired) Then why the photocopy only of my annulled Marriage cert with annotation that its null and void etc. I told her the DFA took it when I applied for passports using my husband’s name. Then she said, I should give them the same copy. I was wrong to say but. I was thinking I wouldn’t get any of the same copy since I asked for another and I got the certification from NSO that the marriage with my ex husband has no record (only to realized I put the July month instead of June). There was no record of our current marriage because I mistakenly submitted the wrong month to the NSO when getting the CENMAR.

The CO asked me if I have relatives in the US and I told her that I had two sisters and gave her the states where they lived. CO asked me what they do; told her I have a sister who is a nurse, and another one who was married to an American but were divorced last October. She asked why and told her because he didn’t treat them as he did before; she looked down on our papers again and asked am I going to visit them, (sisters) told her maybe meet them at my POE. She followed up with question, where will be your POE?; I told her LAX or Detroit. Asked again where my sisters live and where I will stay and live and then I answered , one of my sister lives in AZ and the other one in KY, but I will stay in ....FL, and she said who lives in FL? I said my husband. Oh...I thought you'll live in AZ..The CO though she's nice is tricky with questions..

She wasn't satisfied so she looks at my kids and asked my daughter, how does she feel moving to America and living there etc. I had to translate it to my daughter coz she didn’t hear it and was nervous, when unexpectedly asked : My daughter answered with a smile that she was excited, and I think that made CO looked ok.

Then she said, (I forget what exactly what she said) so that’s it, just give what we asked you to, and we can.......the visas... So I said thank you Maam and Merry Christmas, she said the same..

We went out and took the seats at the releasing area window 37..The releasing officer gave me back the remittances, pictures, and my phone bills, then the 2white slips and blue letter. He told me that it’s ok to bring the requirements without the kids.

did you get your visas already?

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

did you get your visas already?

No, the Phil gov't offices are closed until December 5th. My wife will pickup the docs that week and drop those at the embassy. Then we wait,,,,

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.