nunyab

If you had known then what you know now??

373 posts in this topic

Shhhh don't tell...he could leave you now and still be able to marry a cousin and bring her over. B)

We must warn the others!!

D'oh! He already married the cousin on one of his trips home and she's patiently waiting for her trip to America, too.

Do I have to explain everything?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not to derail the "when is he gonna leave" theme but how many husbands/wives actually even want citizenship? Mine doesn't at all and I wonder after ten years what does he do? Then again after ten years my kids will be done with college so I guess the world will be our oyster and we can live anywhere we want. That is unless he dumps me as soon as the ten year card arrives. (just bringin' it back home for y'all ;) )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Not to derail the "when is he gonna leave" theme but how many husbands/wives actually even want citizenship? Mine doesn't at all and I wonder after ten years what does he do? Then again after ten years my kids will be done with college so I guess the world will be our oyster and we can live anywhere we want. That is unless he dumps me as soon as the ten year card arrives. (just bringin' it back home for y'all ;) )

Nah. He's not dumping you. Somebody has to sign the paperwork so he can marry your daughter(s) off to his brother(s) so he can get him/them here quicker. That's what he's holding out for.

You, too, are doomed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wael will apply for citizenship when the time comes. He's very excited about becoming

a citizen of the United States. Opportunities are unlimited. It just depends on what your

SO wants to do or accomplish in their life! We have talked at length about what his life

plans are...what he wants to do...what he wanted to accomplish. Just takes time and having

a goal that is realistic. He will be finishing his degree in Economics, then applying for the

Masters/PhD Economic program. It's tough, long, terribly expensive but worth it. I'm very proud

of him and his goals.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Ok now I'm sorta confused. I thought they could apply a few months shy of having their GC for 3 yrs...correct?

You are correct. m4e was stating its just shy of 3 years "after they have been in the US". It's not. It's based on the date one is approved for LPR. Has nothing to do with being in the US and everything to do with when LPR status started.

can apply for the naturalization after they have been in the US a few months short of 3 years.

Timeline

Nah. He's not dumping you. Somebody has to sign the paperwork so he can marry your daughter(s) off to his brother(s) so he can get him/them here quicker. That's what he's holding out for.

You, too, are doomed.

i just threw up a little in my mouth at that one! :dead: Luckily he only has sisters so I guess instead of my daughters being married off (ok again getting nauseous at the thought! they're sooo innocent right now i hate to even think of them dating!) he'll have to first find a good husband for his sisters and wait for them to apply for the k-1's.

Ok so let's all assume we're getting dumped at some point in this process per Kat's analysis. How about we all hold a big 'we got dumped' bash? And let's make it in the northeast this time, you western girls have all the fun!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok so let's all assume we're getting dumped at some point in this process per Kat's analysis. How about we all hold a big 'we got dumped' bash? And let's make it in the northeast this time, you western girls have all the fun!

Best idea ever - you can most definitely count on my attendance!!! :thumbs:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

i just threw up a little in my mouth at that one! :dead: Luckily he only has sisters so I guess instead of my daughters being married off (ok again getting nauseous at the thought! they're sooo innocent right now i hate to even think of them dating!) he'll have to first find a good husband for his sisters and wait for them to apply for the k-1's.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Doomed.

Timeline

Hmmm... maybe I'll get lucky. My wonderful husband isn't very good with time-related things. Maybe he'll never realize when his time is up?

:P:jest:

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hmmm... maybe I'll get lucky. My wonderful husband isn't very good with time-related things. Maybe he'll never realize when his time is up?

:P:jest:

venusfire

:lol::lol:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok now I'm sorta confused. I thought they could apply a few months shy of having their GC for 3 yrs...correct?

You are correct. m4e was stating its just shy of 3 years "after they have been in the US". It's not. It's based on the date one is approved for LPR. Has nothing to do with being in the US and everything to do with when LPR status started.

can apply for the naturalization after they have been in the US a few months short of 3 years.

My bad? :blush:

My husband has his 10 yr GC, so I wasn't thinking about the ones that get married here.

As for the party.....why not make it a cruise? :dance:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Best idea ever - you can most definitely count on my attendance!!! :thumbs:

:dance::dance:

My husband has his 10 yr GC, so I wasn't thinking about the ones that get married here.

AWESOME idea!!!!! I haven't been on a cruise in a while so I'm definitely due for some pampering! I love how you come back to your cabin and everything is CLEAN! :thumbs:

Timeline

YAY for the cruise idea M4E - now you are talking... :dance: :dance: :dance: Woohoo!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh! Oh! I wanna go on the cruise!!! How can I get dumped! :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.