Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I just heard from David and......we are approved!!!! Yeah!!! He is going to post later the details of the interview but all in all he said that it very smooth and seemless. Good luck to Wendy and John tomorrow and everyone else in the coming weeks and months. Thanks to all of you for your support throughout this process...We couldn't have done it without VJ...

Great news! Congrats to you both!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, this is the "d" of "gmjdmj". I normally read rather than write on here. I leave that to "g", the much sweeter and better looking half!

First: The short version.

Don't worry too much about the interview. Not helpful advice, I know. When you are going to talk to someone who has the power to say you can't be with the love of your life, you're going to be nervous. But it really does seem that if you just do what you're asked, when you're asked to, it goes perfectly smoothly. I'm glad it is over, but I can't stress enough: I've had more vigorous grillings from friends over my international relationship! in fact the most problem I had came from the fact that I was lugging a case filled with documents that turned out to be completely unnecessary and it took time to shuffle them and find the one I wanted. I could have fitted everything I needed into a standard envelope. But I would rather be safe than sorry!

Now, the long version.

I got up super-early and headed in to London. I work in London, and I go past Bond Street tube station every morning without a second thought. I was so preoccupied that I somehow managed to get on the wrong train...

Outside the embassy they wanted to see my passport and invitation letter. I gave them the wrong letter, but it had the reference number on, which was all they really wanted.

They waved me to Security, where they made me take off my belt and x-ray everything that would fit into the machine.

I got to the front desk and took a ticket, and sat in the waiting area and watched the screens. I was I-855. The queueing system isn't really helpful for telling how long you have to wait (Will I-855 be seen before E-900? After N-163?) so I had to be on my wits.

When my number was announced I found myself moving to the window without even realising that I had heard it being called out. A polite and friendly man took two US passport photos, my adoption certificate (instead of birth certificate) plus copy, my police certificate plus copy, and sent me to the next window to pay. When I came back he asked for the I-134 and the last year's tax return. He handed me a pink slip to fill out my courier details and sent me back to wait.

I waited for a while, then was called up and a different, but really rather pleasant and friendly man interviewed me. It was the mildest interview I've ever had. He asked how we met, when and where we met in person. He did comment that "so things happened pretty fast between you", which made my heart stop for a second, until he smiled and said "When you meet the right one, it does". Finally he asked where she lives. He asked if I liked where she lives, and I told him that I love the people. That was it.

Oh, I also took a moment to check that the hyphen in my name wouldn't be a problem - he said the system just doesn't do them and that won't cause problems!

I gave the couriers my details, paid the money, then walked out half dazed. I paused briefly to search for my new home state's flag outside, then walked off wondering what I had been so worried about.

Timeline

Great review D, I'm glad it went so smoothly for you and I'm so happy for you and Ginny :)

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Hi, this is the "d" of "gmjdmj". I normally read rather than write on here. I leave that to "g", the much sweeter and better looking half!

Don't worry too much about the interview. Not helpful advice, I know. When you are going to talk to someone who has the power to say you can't be with the love of your life, you're going to be nervous. But it really does seem that if you just do what you're asked, when you're asked to, it goes perfectly smoothly. I'm glad it is over, but I can't stress enough: I've had more vigorous grillings from friends over my international relationship! in fact the most problem I had came from the fact that I was lugging a case filled with documents that turned out to be completely unnecessary and it took time to shuffle them and find the one I wanted. I could have fitted everything I needed into a standard envelope. But I would rather be safe than sorry!

Now, the long version.

I got up super-early and headed in to London. I work in London, and I go past Bond Street tube station every morning without a second thought. I was so preoccupied that I somehow managed to get on the wrong train...

Outside the embassy they wanted to see my passport and invitation letter. I gave them the wrong letter, but it had the reference number on, which was all they really wanted.

They waved me to Security, where they made me take off my belt and x-ray everything that would fit into the machine.

I got to the front desk and took a ticket, and sat in the waiting area and watched the screens. I was I-855. The queueing system isn't really helpful for telling how long you have to wait (Will I-855 be seen before E-900? After N-163?) so I had to be on my wits.

When my number was announced I found myself moving to the window without even realising that I had heard it being called out. A polite and friendly man took two US passport photos, my adoption certificate (instead of birth certificate) plus copy, my police certificate plus copy, and sent me to the next window to pay. When I came back he asked for the I-134 and the last year's tax return. He handed me a pink slip to fill out my courier details and sent me back to wait.

I waited for a while, then was called up and a different, but really rather pleasant and friendly man interviewed me. It was the mildest interview I've ever had. He asked how we met, when and where we met in person. He did comment that "so things happened pretty fast between you", which made my heart stop for a second, until he smiled and said "When you meet the right one, it does". Finally he asked where she lives. He asked if I liked where she lives, and I told him that I love the people. That was it.

Oh, I also took a moment to check that the hyphen in my name wouldn't be a problem - he said the system just doesn't do them and that won't cause problems!

I gave the couriers my details, paid the money, then walked out half dazed. I paused briefly to search for my new home state's flag outside, then walked off wondering what I had been so worried about.

Congratulations!!! im so happy it went smoothly for you :) all the best for you POE and wedding!!

Jo

Now, the long version.

Thanks for posting, David! I talk with your lovely fiancee on PM a lot, so I am well chuffed for you guys! We'll be neighbors of sorts, too! :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Woo hoo!!!!! wtg D&G.. man oh man!! we were on your shirt tails :D.. Talked to John at 5:30 this morning CST.. and his interview took 2.5 hours (9am to11:30 am UK). He said it went smoothly, he only forgot his original Birth Certificate and Police Certificate, but other than that it went great.. he will post in a bit for the UK interview thread. They told him to get a courier to deliver the originals (he's doing that today or tomorrow), then it will just take an extra day or two for the Visa to arrive.

Thanks Ginny for all your support and info and David for such a fabulous post! My best to all pending processes. Hugggs VJ!!!

(Wendy)

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
Woo hoo!!!!! wtg D&G.. man oh man!! we were on your shirt tails :D.. Talked to John at 5:30 this morning CST.. and his interview took 2.5 hours (9am to11:30 am UK). He said it went smoothly, he only forgot his original Birth Certificate and Police Certificate, but other than that it went great.. he will post in a bit for the UK interview thread. They told him to get a courier to deliver the originals (he's doing that today or tomorrow), then it will just take an extra day or two for the Visa to arrive.

Thanks Ginny for all your support and info and David for such a fabulous post! My best to all pending processes. Hugggs VJ!!!

(Wendy)

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Wendy...thanks for your support as well!!!

Timeline

(Wendy)

Congratulatins Wendy and John...I'm so happy for you both.

Wendy, John will soon be with you!!!! x x x

K1
12.21.09 wedding

AOS

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.20.13 Biometrics

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
tomsarah11, settler72, ealachan, embo123, Luke and Deanna

October 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
irakro97, siya, Britt and Duv, oliviawyatt, tinypyramids, Ian and Lisa, haleywynne, formakashic, mightymints, Cynthia&Simon

November 2009 Interviews
K-1........DIARD...........3rd Nov 2009 520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....Allie and Nigel..3rd Nov 2009 - Approved pending additional documents
K-1.....nickandkayte...5th Nov 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....gmjdmj...........24th Nov 2009 520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1...Wendy_n_John...25th Nov 2009 520715s54t2dwed4.gif pending provision of 2 originals
K-1.......noone1........30th Nov 2009

December 2009 Interviews
K-1....Amanda and Tony...1st Dec 2009
K-1....Jay&Jo.............3rd Dec 2009
K-1....Martin77...........3rd Dec 2009
K-1....cadburys..........4th Dec 2009
K-1....roughsweet.......4th Dec 2009
K-1....Jasmin&Travis...7th Dec 2009

January 2010 Interviews

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing
SSS8380.............9th Oct 2009- AP - USEM req'd passport 9th Nov - fingers crossed!

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Hi all, Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow and a big good luck to everyone who has interview next week. Tomorrow I'm off to London to meet Tony and then we'll be doing the rounds until we're back in London Tuesday for our interview. I'm so excited to see him but kinda anxious to have a week without vj!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to check in at some point and let you know how we get on.

Have a wonderful Turkey day wherever you are...gobble gobble!

Amanda :)

K1
12.21.09 wedding

AOS

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.20.13 Biometrics

Hi all, Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow and a big good luck to everyone who has interview next week. Tomorrow I'm off to London to meet Tony and then we'll be doing the rounds until we're back in London Tuesday for our interview. I'm so excited to see him but kinda anxious to have a week without vj!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to check in at some point and let you know how we get on.

Have a wonderful Turkey day wherever you are...gobble gobble!

Amanda :)

Amanda... if you dont get a chance to get online before the interview.... *good luck* it will be a breeze :)

im excited to hear (the good news) about how you got on!!! and enjoy your time with tony :)

jo xxx

Timeline

(Wendy)

They're blowing sunshine up your b-hind cause its not as easy as that. It takes a bit for them to get your visa together after you send in stuff. Sorry...just be cautious. Good luck to you if they do but lots of folks have to wait many weeks to month or so for visa after sending stuff in.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
They're blowing sunshine up your b-hind cause its not as easy as that. It takes a bit for them to get your visa together after you send in stuff. Sorry...just be cautious. Good luck to you if they do but lots of folks have to wait many weeks to month or so for visa after sending stuff in.

LMAO, I love you Allie! I will try to make sure we take everything then. BTW, have you sent in your additional docs or are you still waiting to get them from wherever you had to request them from?

EDIT: Nevermind, your profile says they had it on Nov 20th. Does DOS acknowledge that they have it yet?

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.