Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

yay yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee woooooooot wooooooooooooot

I GOT MY INTERVIEW :dance::dance::dance:

please add me 6th March at 8 in the morning

wish it was sooner but at least I have it

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Yeayyyyyyyyy congratulations on getting your interview date!!!!

I just called the London emabssy to ask about the letter needed for the interivew date. Im really confused now because the girl that I talked to told me that she does not see it in the system that my husband has been given an iterview date. That is not what DOS told me. Now im completely confused. Any suggestions?

god I dont know

I would give dos another call and ask they are more helpfull than the embassy

They will tell you when your letter has been sent out, or phone the embassy get the code and mail them telling them what you were advsied by DOS

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you everyone that is so helpful to know. We are so nervous about doing everything just right and trying to figure out all the expenses. We didn't want to schedule the medical until we knew what we are up against. Now I can calm down some and start thinking more clear. Everytime I think we know how things are going to go I hear some horrible story on here that makes me worry we will do something wrong. It is very comforting to know that people go to the medical and things go smooth. Now I can be more excited than nervous.

Go take a look at the top in the pinned section for the London medical and it will tell you exactly what to expect. Try and get the jabs required at the doctors as they dont charge but they do at the medical, and take the vaccination records to the medical and if you have had chicken pox get them to put that on the letter as well

Hey where will you be in Texas I am moving to Dallas

Hey you..... :ot: Haha. I've been dying to use that on you!

Thank you everyone that is so helpful to know. We are so nervous about doing everything just right and trying to figure out all the expenses. We didn't want to schedule the medical until we knew what we are up against. Now I can calm down some and start thinking more clear. Everytime I think we know how things are going toYAY go I hear some horrible story on here that makes me worry we will do something wrong. It is very comforting to know that people go to the medical and things go smooth. Now I can be more excited than nervous.

Go take a look at the top in the pinned section for the London medical and it will tell you exactly what to expect. Try and get the jabs required at the doctors as they dont charge but they do at the medical, and take the vaccination records to the medical and if you have had chicken pox get them to put that on the letter as well

:ot2: bet you have honey I got my interview I could P my pants

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Please add us to the list. Feb 5

I found out by callling Dos today. How long did it take for you to get your notice in the mail? How will we get in the emabssy if it doe not arrive on time.

Great thats next week!!! :dance:

If the letter doesn't arrive by Wed/Thurs call the premium rate number, get the code and mail the Embassy. They will be able to send you something over the net. Don't worry, mine took 3 days.

:dance: :dance: :dance: YEAH!

:dance: :dance: :dance: WOOHOO!

Thank you everyone that is so helpful to know. We are so nervous about doing everything just right and trying to figure out all the expenses. We didn't want to schedule the medical until we knew what we are up against. Now I can calm down some and start thinking more clear. Everytime I think we know how things are going toYAY go I hear some horrible story on here that makes me worry we will do something wrong. It is very comforting to know that people go to the medical and things go smooth. Now I can be more excited than nervous.

:ot2: bet you have honey I got my interview I could P my pants

No Peeing in the forums please! :rofl:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

(L) February 2009 Interviews (L)

Rob&Dawn.....................K1.......................................3rd February 2009
Zoe and Hal...................K1.......................................3rd February 2009
The Dip Sticks................K3.......................................5th February 2009
DairyFarmer...................K1.......................................13th February 2009

March 2009 Interviews

Stinky Monkey...............K1......................................6th March 2009
KnightAndMagpie..........K1......................................30th March 2009

Still waiting for approval

Sad Eyes..........................................25th February 2008 - Still stuck in AP?
stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620......................................... 12th January 2009 - Denied, to file waiver

Fantastic - congratulations!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

I found out by callling Dos today. How long did it take for you to get your notice in the mail? How will we get in the emabssy if it doe not arrive on time.

COngratulations!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Congrats Stinky Monkey that is great keep us posted and good luck to you.

You know I will but still got 5 weeks one day to wait still sinking in that the journey is almost over

till we have the joys of AOS hahahahahahhahaha

Yeayyyyyyyyy congratulations on getting your interview date!!!!

I just called the London emabssy to ask about the letter needed for the interivew date. Im really confused now because the girl that I talked to told me that she does not see it in the system that my husband has been given an iterview date. That is not what DOS told me. Now im completely confused. Any suggestions?

Same thing happened to us. DOS told me interview date. Embassy said nothing has been scheduled. The letter arrived the next day with a postmark showing it had been sent two days before the date when Embassy phone lady said it wasn't processed yet. In my personal observation, the letter goes out the day they schedule you or the next. So DOS doesn't have the info much before you'll get the letter, depending on Royal Mail. Now why the Embassy line didn't have that information, I don't know, but she gave me false info and DOS was indeed correct.

If you don't get the letter, they have a list of appointments so they can look you up. You might have to do a little talking and explaining, but they will let you in.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

COngratulations!

I called the primium number they gave me a code to email them and I got back an auto response, saying that it will take 3-5 days to get back to me. I dont have that much time the inteview is on Thursday. Im totally freaking out because the london help line told me that they did not see an interview date in the system. I want to cry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.