tenderheartusa79

Where is your fiance/spouse from Egypt?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Formerly of Mahalla el Kubra, famous for it's textile factories and civil unrest, currently in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, famous for being increadibly cold.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubster is from Minya El Kamh, Sharkia EG and I am from good ole' OHIO!!

We are Alex admirers though :thumbs:

Edited by Aymsgirl

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is from Cairo but lives in Ismalia, Egypt. I am from Louisiana.(City near New Orleans)

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My fiance is from Smouha, in Alexandria. He lives right next to Green Plaza. ^_^

And I'm from Indiana! :innocent:

I love Green Plaza!!!

Me too! It was our first outing together so the memory is good hehe. :blush:

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Sandy!

Wael is also from Moharam Bek (Alexandria).

Very cool! We need to hook these men up. :D:D

Oh my Gosh, small world! My "adopted" Egyptian family lives at the base of the pedestrian bridge that crosses over Canal Suez behind the shop that makes Fateer!!!!

Can you believe how hard it is to get a cab to Moharram Bek??? I always had to lie about where I was going to get in the cab.. ;) Oh what I'd give for a big old piece of Fateer right about now... and a hot mug of sahlab...

Anyone for a trip to Green Plaza for a big old plate of (kind of strange) Chinese food and a Cinnabon for dessert??? I am so happy to have 2 aunties who live in Acid City... :) H and I did all of our "public courting" at coffee shops in Green Plaza... oh the memories..

Once I was walking into GP from the street and someone was yelling "Hagga, Hagga!!!!" And I kept going because I haven't been on Haj.. so I was SURE it wasn't ME they were yelling at... then I realized it WAS ME... Forgot I am old.. so I'm "Hagga" to them! LOL

I'm homesick for Alex!!! :crying:

Anyone here belong to the Shooting and Fishing Club at the Citadel???

K

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Wael is from Alexandria (Moharem Bek) and we now both live in Alabama.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Sandy!

Wael is also from Moharam Bek (Alexandria).

Very cool! We need to hook these men up. :D:D

Oh my Gosh, small world! My "adopted" Egyptian family lives at the base of the pedestrian bridge that crosses over Canal Suez behind the shop that makes Fateer!!!!

Can you believe how hard it is to get a cab to Moharram Bek??? I always had to lie about where I was going to get in the cab.. ;) Oh what I'd give for a big old piece of Fateer right about now... and a hot mug of sahlab...

Anyone for a trip to Green Plaza for a big old plate of (kind of strange) Chinese food and a Cinnabon for dessert??? I am so happy to have 2 aunties who live in Acid City... :) H and I did all of our "public courting" at coffee shops in Green Plaza... oh the memories..

Once I was walking into GP from the street and someone was yelling "Hagga, Hagga!!!!" And I kept going because I haven't been on Haj.. so I was SURE it wasn't ME they were yelling at... then I realized it WAS ME... Forgot I am old.. so I'm "Hagga" to them! LOL

I'm homesick for Alex!!! :crying:

Anyone here belong to the Shooting and Fishing Club at the Citadel???

K

Alex is the best and my queen love Sahlab so much i remember when we were going to a cafe and all people there know us and when they were seeing us they were like make a great mug of sahlab here... very good memories

it seem like there are so many guys here from Moharem Bek

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've been to GP also!!! I love Alex and enjoy sitting out on the rocks near the sea drinking my hot tea. Sahlab is a regular at our home on a chilly, cozy evening cuddling on the couch..yum yum!!

No way! It's toooooo cold. It's only 61 degrees here, dear. We're all freezing!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

No way! It's toooooo cold. It's only 61 degrees here, dear. We're all freezing!

It didn't go over 21 degrees here for 10 days...so 61 sounds like beach weather to me! Only time I'm cold in Alex is in the HOUSE! Never been so cold in my life as when I stayed on the 14th floor of my friend's flat in Miami in winter... and those cement weight blankets didn't even help!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.