Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Canadian Income Tax Filing for 2008

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada

Hello my fellow Canadians, I was feeling so overwhelmed when I read a lot of topics that regards to filing Canadian income tax return. I came here in US last July 2008 as a visitor and got married suddenly without any plan at all. I worked in Canada from January 2008 to July 2008. Since I came here in US, I have zero US income. Based on the instructions and determination of my residency, I'm a resident of Canada for tax purposes because I accumulated 201 days in Canada. All of my income is 100 % from Canada and 0 US income. When filing 2008 income tax return may I claim all of my non-refundable federal tax for 2008 as long as I'm going to write a statement that I want to claim them all? How about my non-refundable federal tax from previous years may I claim them all as well. I was a college student in Canada from August 2006 to May 2008. Most of my non-refundable federal tax was coming from my tuition when I was in college. When I filed my 2007 income tax return my non-refundable federal tax was about $7,000.00 Canadian. Can I claim them all? What do I do...if I can claim them all it's really a big help for us since today's economy is getting poor. Do you have any inputs if how I can do this? Thank you so much in advance. Have a great and safe holidays to all of us!!! Advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...