jhunjhun

Canadian Income Tax Filing for 2008

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello my fellow Canadians, I was feeling so overwhelmed when I read a lot of topics that regards to filing Canadian income tax return. I came here in US last July 2008 as a visitor and got married suddenly without any plan at all. I worked in Canada from January 2008 to July 2008. Since I came here in US, I have zero US income. Based on the instructions and determination of my residency, I'm a resident of Canada for tax purposes because I accumulated 201 days in Canada. All of my income is 100 % from Canada and 0 US income. When filing 2008 income tax return may I claim all of my non-refundable federal tax for 2008 as long as I'm going to write a statement that I want to claim them all? How about my non-refundable federal tax from previous years may I claim them all as well. I was a college student in Canada from August 2006 to May 2008. Most of my non-refundable federal tax was coming from my tuition when I was in college. When I filed my 2007 income tax return my non-refundable federal tax was about $7,000.00 Canadian. Can I claim them all? What do I do...if I can claim them all it's really a big help for us since today's economy is getting poor. Do you have any inputs if how I can do this? Thank you so much in advance. Have a great and safe holidays to all of us!!! Advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.