Seekingadvice

have any of you used the Advance Parole document?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi! I am just wondering if any of you have used your AP document to travel?? Specially the j-1 visa holders since that is my visa. I got my AP and I am going home for a few wekks. However I was wondering if any of youhave used it and was it hard to get back into the USA?? I have head a lot of stories of K-1 visa holders who had no issues....

Thanks!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi! I am just wondering if any of you have used your AP document to travel?? Specially the j-1 visa holders since that is my visa. I got my AP and I am going home for a few wekks. However I was wondering if any of youhave used it and was it hard to get back into the USA?? I have head a lot of stories of K-1 visa holders who had no issues....

Thanks!! :thumbs:

I personally didn't apply for it but I've heard many successful stories. Once you get your AP, even if the notice says that the chances of admission back into the states aren't 100%, many people have used it and come back w/o any problems. Unless you try to come back with a corpse or a kilo of coke hidden in your carry-on, go ahead and use it w/o any fear to be sent back.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Timeline

Hey!! Thanks for your reply! I wan out of status for 2 weeks. Between the time my visa expired and I send my AOS documents... do u think that will be an issue???

THANKSSSSSS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey!! Thanks for your reply! I wan out of status for 2 weeks. Between the time my visa expired and I send my AOS documents... do u think that will be an issue???

THANKSSSSSS

Na, only if you had come on a fiancée's visa that would matter. Even people that came on a tourist visa and overstayed have been able to adjust status. As long as your relation is truthful, you don't have to worry about your overstay.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Hello! I know I can adjust status but I am just wondering if it is safe to travel with the AP document under those conditions??

Thanks!

I just came back using the AP and I had no problems coming back. The agent asked me several questions and sent me to a separate room for my AP to get analyzed by another agent but I understood that it was the standard procedure.

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am going home Saturday and I am confident that I will not have trouble getting back in since I have done everything legally (fingers crossed) !! :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.