wisdom

packet 4

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i have a k3 interview date in early feb as told by the DOS. but i have not yet got the packet 4 from the mumbai consulate. can someone please help me.

1. do i need to wait for the packet 4 or collect it from the consulate.

2. what are the forms required to be submitted at the vfs counter. i read that two copies of 156 9 should both have the same barcode) and one copy of ds-230 are needed to be submitted . is it at the vfs or at the interview. are any other forms required. i read abt forms 157 and 156k are they required for k3 visa.

3. is form 134 enough or is form 864 also required. i have the copy of the form 864 that was submitted at vermont.

i read their website but still have these doubts and i am hoping some good soul will help me thru.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Take a look at Mumbai consulate's packet 4 requirements - http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...packet_4_k3.pdf

Collect the forms that apply to you. You do not need 157 and 156K - I think those are applicable for K1.

You will not need I-864 for K-3 - only I-134 is required to be submitted. Take whatever you submit for CR1 to NVC at the interview just as a backup (this is to request for CR1 visa instead of K3 given that your CR1 case has reached consulate before K3 interview)

Regarding collecting packet 4, I will leave that up to the experts to answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.