eomarg

i am confused about my case in nvc

7 posts in this topic

hello everyone i hope someone can help me... my case was sent to the nvc center on decem 12 2008 and i called dec 18 , and a

case number was assigned...and also they said that the visa number is not available at this time and that i shouldnt make plans

for the moment to travel etc....

im in usa with an f-1 visa and my mother is and american citizen.. the problem is that the nvc said my case is an f-2 d visa...(f1 visa holder dependent)

is that normal,, can anyone give me an advice...or they made a mistake...im confused about that ...usually how long take to get a visa

number for over 21 age unmarried son...thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Explained this all the other day: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=167456&hl=

NVC is a bit off, You do not have an AOS pending to jeopardize due to AOS not being able to be filed in cases here the I-130 would NOT result in an IR-Visa being issued under the Unlimited Class.

What NVC is saying is "If you had a pending AOS" you need AP (I-131) in hand to preserve the AOS.

Your other post indicated traveling to Canada, which would have killed any AOS if AOS were possible which it is not.

If you F-1 student visa is valid, you can still use it to travel.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

when did you mother become a citizen? Before or after she petitioned for you?

As a child of USC over 21, your category should be F1 (not to be confused with F-1 visa). F2B (may sound as "D") is for children over 21 of permanent residents.

Here is the link where you can see that, at the moment, "immigration visa numbers" for F1 category are available to those who were petitioned on or before June 2002 ( if from Mexico -1992, if from Philippines - 1993).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4406.html

thanks again...but im confused because they said at the nvc that my case is an f2d which means (f1 holders dependent) right?

" The F2 Visa is a non-immigrant (temporary) visa that authorizes the dependents of the F1 visa holders to enter into the United States"

i think that is not my case..am i right? or i misunderstood the meaning?

is a mistake or what?

Explained this all the other day: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=167456&hl=

NVC is a bit off, You do not have an AOS pending to jeopardize due to AOS not being able to be filed in cases here the I-130 would NOT result in an IR-Visa being issued under the Unlimited Class.

What NVC is saying is "If you had a pending AOS" you need AP (I-131) in hand to preserve the AOS.

Your other post indicated traveling to Canada, which would have killed any AOS if AOS were possible which it is not.

If you F-1 student visa is valid, you can still use it to travel.

she become a citizen after she petitioned me.... thath means that they didnt change the status of my mother?

when did you mother become a citizen? Before or after she petitioned for you?

As a child of USC over 21, your category should be F1 (not to be confused with F-1 visa). F2B (may sound as "D") is for children over 21 of permanent residents.

Here is the link where you can see that, at the moment, "immigration visa numbers" for F1 category are available to those who were petitioned on or before June 2002 ( if from Mexico -1992, if from Philippines - 1993).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4406.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
thanks again...but im confused because they said at the nvc that my case is an f2d which means (f1 holders dependent) right?

" The F2 Visa is a non-immigrant (temporary) visa that authorizes the dependents of the F1 visa holders to enter into the United States"

is a mistake or what?

Have your mother contact NVC and ask about upgrading the petition to F1 status, she probably will need to send to NVC proof of US Citizenship, (A copy of Naturalization Cert).

In this case priority classifications are NOT to be confused with visa types.

F1 = Family First Class.

F2 = Family Second Class

There are 2 Sub Classes to F2, F2A, and F2B

F3 = Family Third Class

F4 = Family Forth Class

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

well actually the lawyer told us that he already do that three months ago....it seems like they didnt receive the documents...

is a mistake or what?

Have your mother contact NVC and ask about upgrading the petition to F1 status, she probably will need to send to NVC proof of US Citizenship, (A copy of Naturalization Cert).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.