Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

adjust to CR-1 while on Medical B-2?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China

I will be marrying my Chinese fiancee soon in China. We will probably do a CR-1 spouse visa. However, she needs medical treatment for a current condition, and the medical facilities in China are inadequate for her. We will be married within the next month, and I can add her to my insurance as soon as we have the marriage certificate. I had the thought to bring her over on a Medical B-2. We have all of the documentation of her condition and a doctor already lined up in the U.S. who can treat her. Questions: Can a Medical B-2 be granted even though she has obvious immigrant intent? If she can come on the B-2 for medical treatment, can we file the CR-1 while she's here? The treatment would take up to one year. I'm aware that she would have to return to China for the interview. I would appreciate any insight. When I return to Beijing in a couple of weeks, I intend to go to the U.S. embassy to discuss the situation with them also.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

Yes you could file the I-130 for CR-1 after she is here for medical treatment.

Keep in mind it can be tricky to get a B-Visa out of China unless you can demonstrate that there is no intention to overstay and attempt to adjust status from the B-Visa. You should provide an I-134 to show how non-immigrant will be supported while in the USA.

Lastly, there is an very good site for dealing with immigrations issues out of China. A Candle for Love. http://candleforlove.com

A good post on CFL that gives great advice for getting visitors visa for relatives.


OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...