Captain Ewok

Timeline Approval % per Month Graph

21 posts in this topic

The idea is that if VJ can provide the same data that people are creating their own datasets for, then not only will the VJ data likely be more accurate (more scrutiny by more eyeballs) but there will be a larger sample set.

That doesn't make any sense. This isn't about changing the data, but fine tuning how its used. Using a rolling average is a lot more accurate than an annual one.

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Filed: Timeline
The idea is that if VJ can provide the same data that people are creating their own datasets for, then not only will the VJ data likely be more accurate (more scrutiny by more eyeballs) but there will be a larger sample set.

That doesn't make any sense. This isn't about changing the data, but fine tuning how its used. Using a rolling average is a lot more accurate than an annual one.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Who's talking about changing the data?

Nobody is disagreeing with you that a rolling average is more accurate. We're saying it's something VJ should provide so that other people don't have to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am making some updates per suggestions. If possible I will make any types of graphs that people want. Just let me know what you think would be useful...

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Other Timeline

It is about changing the data. It's about collecting more of it.

As far as I am aware, spreadsheets and data collection being done by members depends on other interested members responding to the data collection. In other words, you have to know the thread to enter to post your information.

Admin of this site can garner the data from anyone who has filled out a timeline. Thus the sampling should be much wider.

Timeline

I agree on the population size comments. The more data the better. The raw data is available in the timeline system for anyone to see if they want to. A while back Igor (Igor's List) contacted me and we worked out a way for the VJ system to support his "processing list" and format.

In general I am always open to feedback on ways to "visualize" the data and provide better data reduction so people can understand current and historical processing trends. Just let me know and I would love to help :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

The bar charts have been improved greatly (sync up with the raw #'s for each month as shown in the new Igor's List on VJ). These graphs as now automatically shown on the VJ version of Igor's List:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?