LucyLovesRicky

Newbie with questions about interview letter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone:

I have been reading here for a little while and sometimes you guys offer some good info. so I thought I'd try my question here.

Anyway, a little bit about me and my husband, we've been married almost 3 years. We've had a long and rocky immigration process but more on that later.

Finally, we have his interview, God Please let the HORROR of immigration be over soon! The interview is set for Jan. 4 and we have a small problem.

He has not received his appointment letter, and stupid, stupid, stupid, I've lost mine. I have been dumpster diving today and torn my house apart. I can't imagine what happened to that letter. I can't believe it's gone after I have religiously saved every piece of paperwork for 3 years. Anyway I understand that he needs it for his physical and also at the embassy in Cairo for his interview. I'm so scared we are going to miss it after all this 3 years of torment and the waiting hopefully almost over.

I did call NVC 2 times and one lady sounded like MAYBE they'd issue another after she put in a request but I might not recieve the new one in time, and call in about a week and MAYBE they'd send it in email, apparently it's against their rules to email it NOW and make my life easier. Then I called again today and talked to a man who said yes the request was in and they'd mail it and they'd send an email also. But I don't know who to believe and IF we are going to get a new letter in time for the physical and if he doesn't get the physical real soon he won't have it done in time for the interview.

I also emailed the embassy to see what we should do but they have never answered an email from me before, so I'm not counting on an answer.

Any advice, suggestions, personal experience you can share with me, please help if you can?

Thank You so much.

Lucy

Filed: Timeline

My suggestion would be to keep calling NVC for updates (letting them know you're still waiting on an email) and keep emailing the embassy till you get a response. I am sorry you are having so many issues with the embassy. We typically always got a response within 3 business days. Make sure to put your case number in the title and body of the email.

Best of luck! (F)

Timeline

Yes email the embassy and tell them to send u the information for the physical examination thru the email. and explain that u lost the app. letter and see if they will suggest sending u another one. Wishing u all the best . stay positive n have faith; everything will b ok.

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Thank you so much Nawal, I have been doing what you have suggested. I have called NVC 4 times in the last 2 days, and emailed the embassy 4 or 5 times with case number in the body and subject line.

The last time I talked to NVC they said that it is now coded in the computer system to send me the lettervia email. And that I should receive it within 48 hours. I do hope that's true.

It's just hard to relax and wait because this is so important. Why can't they just send it and stop being so illusive or obstinate or whatever. Maybe that's just how I feel because I'm suffering with the waitng.

My husband is also planning to call the embassy tomorrow and see if they can give him a confirmation letter or what we should do, so hopefully with all these things going on, one of them will solve the problem and soon, before I go nuts.

I'm still kicking myself for losing it but the only thing that I can figure out is that it got thrown away with some classwork I have trying to complete for end of semester finals. I have been working feverishly trying to get a mountain of work and studying done. Either that, or my daughter and her friend accidentally threw it out while helping me clean one day.

One more possibility is that I have put it away for safekeeping while in the middle of all that's going on and have forgotten. It's is so, something I would do. If so, I will find it as soon as I receive the copy in my hands. I am still searching off an on as I come up with a new place I may have placed it. Goes to show I'm not much of a multi-tasker in stressfull situations.

Anyway, sorry for the book but thanks for your support and kind words.

Lucy

Timeline
Yes email the embassy and tell them to send u the information for the physical examination thru the email. and explain that u lost the app. letter and see if they will suggest sending u another one. Wishing u all the best . stay positive n have faith; everything will b ok.

Thank you very much I am working hard on it. I explained in detail in my post to Nawal. I appreciate ur support so much and I needed that reminder to have faith, God has brought us this far he will not fail us now. Yes, everything will be okay.

Sincerely,

Lucy

Timeline

GREAT NEWS! I just got that email from NVC, I am so relieved and happy. I guess it's sometimes true that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

They could have made my life easier by being more definite and telling me what they were doing but I'm just happy that they sent it so fast. Now we can relax and prepare for the interview.

Thanks for the advice and good wishes.

Lucy

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
GREAT NEWS! I just got that email from NVC, I am so relieved and happy. I guess it's sometimes true that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

They could have made my life easier by being more definite and telling me what they were doing but I'm just happy that they sent it so fast. Now we can relax and prepare for the interview.

Lucy

So glad to read your problem is solved! Just wanted to add that my husband didn't get the interview letter EVER, we heard through an email of the date and time! It wasn't even shown on the schedule (which was months outdated!). They told him to just bring a copy of the email to show the guard outside the embassy. Also he didn't need the letter for the medical exam either.

I thought I lost my letter showing that my I129 had been approved so I called and found out it had been returned by the USPS and they had never sent me an email or given me a phone call to tell me that it had been returned. Fortunately they agreed to send me a duplicate... as I discovered I needed this or the AOS process... what a mess this paper work can be!

Good luck in the interview!

K

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lucy

So glad to read your problem is solved! Just wanted to add that my husband didn't get the interview letter EVER, we heard through an email of the date and time! It wasn't even shown on the schedule (which was months outdated!). They told him to just bring a copy of the email to show the guard outside the embassy. Also he didn't need the letter for the medical exam either.

I thought I lost my letter showing that my I129 had been approved so I called and found out it had been returned by the USPS and they had never sent me an email or given me a phone call to tell me that it had been returned. Fortunately they agreed to send me a duplicate... as I discovered I needed this or the AOS process... what a mess this paper work can be!

Good luck in the interview!

K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.