Jaminzel

Sputum Test?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ Community,

My fiance's X-rays looked a little suspicious so she required further testing for the possibility of TB. They asked her to take the sputum test which set us back a couple of months, when she returned for the results they would not give them to her but told her she would get the results them at the interview. Well that is where we are now, about a week away from the interview. So my question is,

I have been reading in the "Forums" section of this site that she would need to retake that test again once she arrived stateside, on the other hand, I also read in the "Guides" section of this site that, "If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the non immigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)"

These two opinions seem to contradict each other, Is there anyone who can help clear up this confusion on my part? Also, if she does need to retake this test do we submit these results at the filing of the AOS or wait until they request them at the interview?

Thanks again VJ

Ben

K-1 VISA

Jan/10/08 - I-129f submitted

Jan/24/08 - RFE (incorrect amount sent)

Feb/01/08 - correct amount sent

Feb/06/08 - NOA1 received

Jul /03/08 - RFE (Evidence of meeting)

Jul /17/08 - visa stamped page sent

Aug/14/08 - NOA2 Approved!!!

Sep/22/08 - Medical (pending sputum)

Sep/29/08 - 3 days sputum collection

Oct/02/08 - interview (to be re-sched. by saint luke)

Dec/08/08 - medical Approved!!!

Dec/22/08 - interview APPROVED!!! YAHOOOO!!!

Jan/01/09 - visa in hand!!!

Jan/14/09 - Arrived on U.S.A ( Idaho)

Jan/21/09 - married!!!

------------------------------------

AOS

2009/02/09 - Filed AOS

2009/02/17 - NOA

2009/03/06 - Biometrics

2009/05/05 - Interview PASSED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.