babyandtran

Further review after AOS interview

1 post in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am so lucky to find out about this website because it has more useful information than any other gov. website lolzzz.

Anyway, this is how my interview was and i hope anyone on here who experience the same thing can advise me on what i should be expected. i would really appreciate it.

So me and my husband (he's the USC one) had the AOS interview on 12/10/08. The weird thing is usually there is only one person interview you, but as soon as the officer walked us into the room, he introduced another officer sitting in the back as an "observer" and that he will observe this conversation ( he has a pen and a paper on his lap too).

He first asked us to put the both of our IDs on the table and my passport, visa, i-94 as well then asked me about my name, address we live right now and he moved on to ask my husband questions about his name, job, you know usual questions on how we met and how did we decided to get married.

Then he asked about my college, my major, my courses in school and if i was maintaining my F1 visa status during the whole 3 and 1/2 years in the States, then i told him the first 2 years and a half i was always was but then i started to almost finish every requirements classes for transfering so i stopped going to school since Sep of 2007 and plus at that time i was short on money, i told him i didn't have money to continue going to school either and explained it cost me $3,000/quarter for schooling. ( i was very honest coz i know he knew all the details, he just asked to see my response). But i told him now i can manage to go back to school again in january and he seemed to be ok with it.

Then during the interview, he asked me 3 times if i ever leave the US ever since i m here and i never did travel outside as of yet so ofcourse i said no.

After that, he moved on and asked me if i ever get arrested. I told him yes, but it was a misunderstanding situation and the court has dismissed my case and i showed him all the court certified paper work of the complete case and the court disposition. ( it happpened in jan 2008 when me and my husband had an argument about having sex which i also told the interview officer and he laughed about it. Sorry if i said anything abt it but i needs to explain my case so you guys can advise me so lolxzzz...

anyway, i told him my husband wanted to do it 1 more time and i didn't so he argued and pushed me around and acting very angry, so i was scared and bit him on his chest in other to ran out of the room and stuffs. Ok, long story short, basiclly, i explain to him i was defending myself in that case and for that reason, the court lack of evidence to find me guilty so they dismiss the whole case).

And he says he will keeps all the orginial paper work then moved on to ask if we are doing ok now. Me and my husband told him yes, we learn our lesson after that time and we worked things out, compromise and been very happy ever since.

He nodded his head and asked me besides this, if i ever did any crimes, wrongdoings, or do anything illegal like drugs, gamble this and that and i told him absolutely No, not even back in my home country. I told him i was pretty good person and said again the court situation was just a defending act for myself.

After that he moved on to the financial affadavit of suppport paper work and he didn't ask anything about it, he said that seems like you guys very qualified with this already. I also added i am currently working after i got my EAD card. SO he wrote down my company name on the file and stuff.

After that he asked about our proof of living together. I gave him the phone bills, innsurance cards and bills and policy, bank statements, retal agreement ( all have both of our names on it).

Then he asked for some photos, i gave him like 25 pix of me and my husbands and us with friends. Then he asked " so you don't have any pix with family and stuffs", i told him no because 1 my parents are in my home country, 2nd my husband's parents are old and they don't like to take take much pictures.

He then asked if we see each's other family. My husband ofcourse only saw my uncle here, and i said i met his family and the lastest time we hung out with his parents was we taking them for black friday shopping.

And he said ok, that's pretty much it. He said he will have to further review our case and let us know the decision in the mail whether or not we pass or have to come back for a 2nd interview. He gave me 2 paper works, 1 having all these check box such as congratulations, you been approved and stuffs.

he checked in the box of further review and the 2nd paper is the paper explaining about conditional greencard, and how to remove it to get a 10 years one which he explained i might needs this info later. ( is that a good sign?????)

well, so we came home and all wondered what did we answer wrong in there, and what else they need to review ? we are very confused and worried right now and i kept checking my status online like 3 times a day lolzzz.. they updated it yesterday about the update date and the note still saying "case received and pending" like in 3 months ago.

Can everyone give me some advice or sth and should we schedule an INFO pass next week or so?

Thanks a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.