Andersen

My i-751 interview

24 posts in this topic

By the way, would a copy of the marriage certificate matter if i submit it too?

I don't know if it matters, but I did send it at first and then again with the RFE package.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh i see. oh well as you've said anything that i think that's important submit it. Nothing to lose! thanks again. Isn't it a pain to do this all over again. :wacko:

May 9, 2005 - Arrived in the US

Jun. 18, 2005 - Got Married

Jul. 28, 2005 - AOS and EAD submitted

Aug. 3, 2005 - INS receipt

Aug. 7, 2005 - Received NOA 1

Nov. 16,2005 - AOS Biometrics

Jan. 23, 2006 - AOS Interview (Approved with stamped passport)

Jan. 25, 2006 - E-mail confirmation from USCIS (application approved)

Jan. 27, 2006 - Received the Welcome to America Notice

Feb. 1, 2006 - E-mail Notice from USCIS to send Green Card (Yipeeee)

Feb. 3, 2006 - Received my Green Card (Two Year GC....Woohoo)

Jan. 23,2008 - File for Removal of Conditional Status

Jan. 30,2008 - Received NOA 1

Feb. 23, 2008 - Biometrics

Dec. 6, 2008 - Received RFE paper

Dec. 18, 2008 - Submitted documents thru Postal Mail.

Jan. 6, 2009 - Card Production Ordered (Yipee....light at the end of the tunnel!!!!)

Jan. 12, 2009 - 10 Year Greencard Received (Thank God!)

oh i see. oh well as you've said anything that i think that's important submit it. Nothing to lose! thanks again. Isn't it a pain to do this all over again. :wacko:

Absolutely, what a pain. I think my RFE package was bigger than when I submitted the i-751. You're almost done. Another poster got approved 5 weeks after her RFE. Good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

Yeah i saw it. Thanks again and Goodluck to all who's in the same boat as me! :thumbs: Congrats again Andersen!

Jan. 6, 2009 - Card Production Ordered (Yipee....light at the end of the tunnel!!!!)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Andersen,

:star: Congratulations, Andersen for getting your 10yr Green Card!!! :star: (and yes, I think that you passed that interview and you did indeed get approved). Thanks too, for sharing in details about your I-751 interview experience, as that certainly is helpful for everyone here on VJ!

After such a long 1 year+ wait, you deserve it! It's good to know that the VSC is doing something, even if it takes a long long time. Too bad though, you couldn't get a refund for the I-751, as you only have the 10yr card for a short time now.

Oh well, onto the next stage of citizenship for you, Andersen!

Good luck too on your Citizenship application and the rest of your immigration journey!

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

P.S. If you don't mind, I'll update your "approved" information accordingly on the VSC Status List, as follows, according to your interview approval date: 12/09/08

Everything went great, a few question only and some papers she asked for. In the end she said, will send you the decision by mail, i'm pretty sure I got approved because everything went smootly and she stamped my passport because she said that even if she sends the desicion today the GC will not arrive inmediatly, So just by her saying that, I'm guessing I'm approved. I'll let everyone know when I get tha actual approval by mail or online update

Thanks to everyone, this is a great community

:whistle: I was going to give the details today, yesterday I was too tired and just wanted to let you guys know that everything went fine. Ok here goes:

My appoinment was for 11am, we goy there around 10:30, there was a long line at the "appoinments window:, they took our appoinment letter and said they'll call us.

After waiting for more than 2 hours, around 1:15 the adjudicator called my name an led us through the door and hallway to her office. We sat down, she asked for our ids, she was hispanic so the interview was going to be in spanish which I was more confortable with. She asked if we both understand english to do the "do you swear to tell the truth" stuff because she had to do that in english.

She had a BIG file with all my documents which she was flipping through as she asked the questions

All of her questions were directed to both of us, not individually, so we kind of took turns. These is what she asked, not in the exact order but close:

How did you meet? my husband explained

When did you actually started the romantic relationship? I explained

Do you have bank accounts, what type of accounts and which bank? I answered savings and checking and gave her the bank name

Do you have any children? we both said no

Have you ever been invoved in any ilegal activities (or something like that)? No

Have any of you ever submmited a divorce paper during the marriage? No

Have you always live together at the same address? Yes

Do you have a lease and under which name were the utilities? to this we responded that the lease was under my husband's mother's name and that electrical was under her name and the phone was under his name, she asked if we had the telephone bill which I handed the original to her.

Then she asked if I was working to which I replied "yes", then she asked for 2007 taxes which I also gave her. I had submitted 2007 taxes when they sent me the RFE so she probably had it in her file but because she was flipping through the package she probably just saw 2005 and 2006 which I submitted when I first applied for the i-751, meaning that if the package was in the order I sent the papers, the 2007 taxes would probably be and the end of that pile. Anyway, moving on

She asked if we still had the life insurance which we replied yes, then she asked if we had health insurance to which I explained that my husband is the process of getting it through his job and we handed her a document from the health insurance in which they where asking my husband for several more documents like our marriage certificate in order to include my in his health insurance. She asked if we had a copy of it, I said "no because the letter said to bring originals only", so she said she will make a copy of it to keep in the file.

Then she asked if we had pictures of the marriage which I handed to her in an album. I almost didn't bring this because it wasn't asked for in the appoinment letter, good thing I did. She flipped through the album. Then she stood up and said "I'm going to make a copy of this (the health insurance doc.) and I just need one more thing: take two pictures from the album with both of you and those we will put on the file". She steeped out to make the copies, we chose the pictures, she came back, she said we're done, looked again at the application which was at the top of the file to confirm the address.

Then she said, we will send you the decision by mail. I asked if she could stamp my passport which she did at the same time she was saying that even if she sends the decision today, the GC will not arrive right away (that's why I'm assuming that I'm approved).

So like I said, everything went smoothly, she was nice all the time. She never asked for details with the questions, it was a yes or no answers. Except for the "how did you meet" part. Now I just have to wait. But I think we passed, if there was any problem she wouldn't have been nice or she would have asked us for more papers or more questions, what do you guys think?

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Hey do you think a letter from my husband being like an affidavit be a good thing to submit along with my RFE? He said he wants to make a letter too. I don't know if it's a good idea. Any suggestions on this?

Hey do you think a letter from my husband being like an affidavit be a good thing to submit along with my RFE? He said he wants to make a letter too. I don't know if it's a good idea. Any suggestions on this?

Affidavit from husband? that's the first time I hear that. On the i-751 instructions on the USCIS website it says affidavits from at least two people who have known both of you. I don't think your husband can do the affidavits. You might want to do a Cover Letter to go with your RFE package and have it signed by both of you. I think that you can find samples of cover letters somewhere in the forums.

Edited by Andersen

Timeline

oh okay. I told him that he can't do that. He's just so frustrated about the situation and wants to prove to the USCIS that we're so much together and in love....LOL. I already have the cover letter and yes maybe i should let him sign on it so they'll know that we're very much together. LOL. Thanks again for responding. Have a nice day! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.