paco1234

Undeliverable mail and extended review

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Back in Oct 14, the CRIS updates on my I-485 saying "Notice Returned as Undeliverable". The same day I put in a service request for change of address to my current address (again) at that time. Then after about four weeks, I had to move out of state because of job transfer, so I updated my address again on Nov 15.

I was curious about the content of that original notice, so I took an infopass appointment and the ISO tells me that the file was most likely transferred to the local office in the original state. Now I received a notice sent in response to my original service request for change of address due to undeliverable notice saying that they need to do additional review. What's going on in this convoluted mess? Is the field office officer at the local office accurate or are the bureaucrats at the NBC?

6/9/08 - Overnighted I-130/485/765 to Chicago

6/10/08 - Documents signed for by Chiba

6/12/08 - Checks posted

6/16/08 - NOAs for I-130/485/765

6/19/08 - Checks cashed

6/20/08 - Received NOAs for (I-130/485)

6/21/08 - Case status online

6/30/08 - Biometric Notice received (notice date 6/26)

7/16/08 - Biometric appt

7/25/08 - Received RFE for I864

9/08/08 - Received EAD

01/25/09 - Received notice for interview on 02/20/2009

02/20/09 - AOS approved at the Omaha field office

03/04/09 - Received conditional green card

-N400-

10/31/09 - Sent N-400 forms to Nebraska Service Center

11/09/09 - Received NOA

12/10/09 - Interview letter

12/29/09 - Interview at Omaha Field Office

12/29/09 - Interview approved/Ceremony

No more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.