PRIOR POLICE CERTIFICATE VALIDATY

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got to know here that:

****Note about POLICE CERTIFICATES and validity****

Consul replied:

"Although the certificate is only valid for 3 months, we can accept it

until one year after it was issued, for immigrant visas purpose.

Regards,

Consular Communications Office"

So, I ´d like to know where the statement above can be found officialy on the Brazilian Embassy Website or any where else, since, I am trying to explain to my ATTORNEY that it won´t be necessary to get another POLICE RECORD CERTIFICATE, since mine is expired 3 motnhs and my interview is set for january 9th.

Can u guys help me to find it...

Beijos

Ary

Met first time: 07/23/2003 in Rio de Janeiro (1 week having fun!)

Dating: july 03 to dec 2003

Engage: jan 2004 to jun 2007

Ary living in US: 2004-2005

Jun 2007 - wedding planns back!

oct 2007 - legal marriage

nov 2007 - wedding party with our whole family

Ary graduates: dec 2007

Visa Journey 2008

April 5th: I130 sent

April 15th: NOA1

MAY: HONEY MOON IN CABO SAN LUCAS MX

JUl: NOA2

Aug: Packet 3 documents gather in BR and US and medical test done

AUg: paied fees I-864 and IV Bill

Oct: Packet 3 sent

Nov: RFE

Nov: NVC case completed

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 9th = APPROVED!

Visa Delivered: JANUARY 14TH ( 3 working days after interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I got to know here that:

****Note about POLICE CERTIFICATES and validity****

Consul replied:

"Although the certificate is only valid for 3 months, we can accept it

until one year after it was issued, for immigrant visas purpose.

Regards,

Consular Communications Office"

So, I ´d like to know where the statement above can be found officialy on the Brazilian Embassy Website or any where else, since, I am trying to explain to my ATTORNEY that it won´t be necessary to get another POLICE RECORD CERTIFICATE, since mine is expired 3 motnhs and my interview is set for january 9th.

Can u guys help me to find it...

Beijos

Ary

Hey Ary,

Interesting, I just asked my lawyer about what we could do to start preparing for the interview (we haven't gotten our NOA2 yet, but we want to be prepared and not leave things until the last minute). My lawyer (who does a lot of work with visas for Brazilians) told me that we could get the police certificates and that they were good for 6 months, so they should be fine by the time of our interview. That's what I heard.

While were on the topic, can someone tell me where we get the police record certificates (state and local - Policia Federal & Estadual) in Rio? Also, how long does it take to receive them after you request them? Do you have to pay for this? Also, my fiancée is concerned that a lot of state offices close down around the holidays and then again around Carnaval. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

K

11410.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, Ken

Thanks for the reply! I ´ve been through so much information regarding this whole journey and I was sure that I had read about the validity of the Police Records, and, yes, yesterday I found out it again confirming that Rio´s consultae accepts the certificates for 1 year issued(http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplements/RDJ-PK3-ENGL-0711.pdf) .

So, here is the address for your wife to get POLICE CERTIFICATE:

POLICE RECORD ( FROM RIO DE JANEIRO):

IIFP- INSTITUTO DE IDENTIFICAÇÃO FÉLIX PACHECO

Rua Frei Caneca, N. 505 -Centro - Rio de Janeiro

CEP: 20.211-020 - Rio de Janeiro -RJ

tel: (21) 3399-3881

www.policiacivil.rj.gov.br/iifp

obs: she will need to get the on-line Embassy´s request for Police Certificate (http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/fiance/CertVidPriv.pdf)

POLICE RECORD (FROM STATE)

SUPERINTENDÊNCIA DA POLICIA FEDERAL

Av. Rodrigues Alves, 1 - 3º andar - Centro / CEP 20081-250

Fone: 2203-4008

obs: she will need to get the on-line Embassy´s request for Police Certificate (http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/evrybody/felix.pdf)

FEES: I DON´T REALLY REMEMBER IF WE HAD TO PAY IT (I GUESS I AM IN A POINT WHERE I CAN BARELY THINK STRAIGHT), BUT IF SO, IT WAS SOMETHING SIMBOLIC, LESS THAN 50 REAIS...

TIME: MAXIMUM OF 2 WEEKS TO GET THEM.

DOCS REQUEST: SHE NEEDS TO TAKE COPIES OF ID AND THE CONSULAR REQUEST THAT SHE CAN GET ON LINE THROUGH THE ADDRESS I AM GIVING YOU.

Ken, if u need anything else to help your wife, let me know! me and my husband had been through all, we are just waiting for the interview!

thank you again,

Ary

Met first time: 07/23/2003 in Rio de Janeiro (1 week having fun!)

Dating: july 03 to dec 2003

Engage: jan 2004 to jun 2007

Ary living in US: 2004-2005

Jun 2007 - wedding planns back!

oct 2007 - legal marriage

nov 2007 - wedding party with our whole family

Ary graduates: dec 2007

Visa Journey 2008

April 5th: I130 sent

April 15th: NOA1

MAY: HONEY MOON IN CABO SAN LUCAS MX

JUl: NOA2

Aug: Packet 3 documents gather in BR and US and medical test done

AUg: paied fees I-864 and IV Bill

Oct: Packet 3 sent

Nov: RFE

Nov: NVC case completed

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 9th = APPROVED!

Visa Delivered: JANUARY 14TH ( 3 working days after interview)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.