Susan&Aziz

NOA2 Extension??? How??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all!

Well, Aziz had his interview at Casa last Wednesday. All seemed to go well, in spite of some very embarrassing questions...She said the paperwork looked good. Then she looked at his passport (which had just been renewed and is supposed to be good for either 5 or 10 more years), and said that he would have to get a new one because the Moroccan passport issuer had apparently taped it together in a way that is not acceptable. They gave him a 221g that only had that box checked with the remark typed in, "Please get a new passport." She said THEY would call HIM. I don't understand unless they are also doing some processing, but the letter didn't say that.

He went all the way back to his corner of the country and was told IF he really does need a new passport (and they suggested he verify that with some local agent) it will take about 6 weeks to get. His NOA2 states that it is good til July 14th.

My question is: What if he doesn't get his passport by July 14th. Do we have to do anything to get his NOA2 date extended?

Thanks for all of you who so selflessly share your experience and knowledge. I am grateful!

Susan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

His passport shouldn't take more than a week or two... but I am not sure about fixing ones that are "not acceptable". I hope he hears from them soon and good luck!!

Can I ask what the embarassing questions were?

Also, who interviewed him?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning Susan! I am glad that all went well at the interview...from what I know once he had the interview the life of the application is extended until you clear the 221g issue...at least that is my understanding....It is always good to check with the consulate in Casablanca via e-mail or phone call...I hope that he will be able to get his passport in a short time and that you will have Aziz at your side very soon... :luv:

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
...from what I know once he had the interview the life of the application is extended until you clear the 221g issue...at least that is my understanding....It is always good to check with the consulate in Casablanca via e-mail or phone call...

Yes, it would be a good idea to check on this. I don't have time to find the thread right now, but recently there was a poster on VJ who was issued a 221g for additional paperwork. When she submitted it, the consulate told her that her petition had expired and had been sent back to the U.S. I would hate to see something like that happen to you, too. Best of luck!

Here is that thread I was referring too. This woman however did not submit the additional documents until 7 months after the 221g was issued. I am still unclear as to whether the validity of the petition should be automatically extended while a 221g is pending.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=13517&hl=

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:thumbs:

Hi all!

Well, Aziz had his interview at Casa last Wednesday. All seemed to go well, in spite of some very embarrassing questions...She said the paperwork looked good. Then she looked at his passport (which had just been renewed and is supposed to be good for either 5 or 10 more years), and said that he would have to get a new one because the Moroccan passport issuer had apparently taped it together in a way that is not acceptable. They gave him a 221g that only had that box checked with the remark typed in, "Please get a new passport." She said THEY would call HIM. I don't understand unless they are also doing some processing, but the letter didn't say that.

He went all the way back to his corner of the country and was told IF he really does need a new passport (and they suggested he verify that with some local agent) it will take about 6 weeks to get. His NOA2 states that it is good til July 14th.

My question is: What if he doesn't get his passport by July 14th. Do we have to do anything to get his NOA2 date extended?

Thanks for all of you who so selflessly share your experience and knowledge. I am grateful!

hi susan,

it's nice that he got the famous 221g which they gave me on april 27th till now, but better than other issues anyway. for passport i had it reneiwed they told me that that it doesnt take that long anymore and to come pick it up in 24 hours ,so i got it in 24 hours :thumbs:

good luck

Susan

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.