Anh map

Fiance Employment (in VN) and K1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance tells me that some friends advise her to not list her employment, rather to claim that she is unemployed. They tell her this is to avoid having to get some sort of employment verification for the US Embassy.

I've read all the info posted here and all the forms on the USCIS site and there is no mention of this letter/form. Am I missing something? Anyone have any input/guidance?

Thanks!

Roger

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anh map,

I've never read anything related to this and the US Consulate in HCMC.

However, I'm sure someone who is "interview experienced" or "interview approved" will be able to offer specific info regarding this.

STL_HCMC

My fiance tells me that some friends advise her to not list her employment, rather to claim that she is unemployed. They tell her this is to avoid having to get some sort of employment verification for the US Embassy.

I've read all the info posted here and all the forms on the USCIS site and there is no mention of this letter/form. Am I missing something? Anyone have any input/guidance?

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Welcome anh map,

First thing first, please fill out your Timeline, it's a great tool to us to assist you and not keep asking you for dumb question as: when did you send your I-129F blah blah blah!!!

About the advice, are these friends who working for US Consulate or been through this process before, and they are now in the US? If the experience they HEARD or KNEW about are from 2nd or 3rd account, please and please disregard.

There is NO gaurantee for this K-1 Process, I've not seen anyone can give a "bullet-proof" advice or way to obtain K-1 Visa from HCM Consulate. Each case is processed individually without exception. So if anyone, including Visa Journey folks to tell you that you can get K-1 Visa if you do this and this and this and that, they are misleading you.

To answer your question: do not, and I mean do not "misrepresent" your information/situation/circumstence in any way. If your fiance is currently employed and working, make sure you put that down on the P-3 and P-4 when they arrive. No, you do not need to give them "Employment Verification" document of any kind, they just need to know you work there, TEL and ADDRESS of your employment are useful. BUT, the consulate can ask for anything if they want to understand your case and be sure about it! So, be prepared...

Kim taught at the University in VN, guess what, we put that down as her employment. Kim worked for a pubilcation copany, guess what, that information got on the application paper as well. Never once, she was asked about those employments. BUT like that I said, it's case specific.

Just don't lie to the consulate, they have been known to send its staff to your local residence and neighborhood to verify the information you claim on the application. Random phone calls to the vietnam nationals aren't no new news these days, just to make sure you are who you clain you are...

I think i said enough now i will shut up and let others chime in...

good luck,

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Welcome anh map,

To answer your question: do not, and I mean do not "misrepresent" your information/situation/circumstence in any way. If your fiance is currently employed and working, make sure you put that down on the P-3 and P-4 when they arrive. No, you do not need to give them "Employment Verification" document of any kind, they just need to know you work there, TEL and ADDRESS of your employment are useful. BUT, the consulate can ask for anything if they want to understand your case and be sure about it! So, be prepared...

good luck,

chuck and kim

I would agree with this. You must not misrepresent any information. I have never heard of anyone being held up for a visa because of their (legal) employment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for the input. I did not sound correct to me. It's trying at times to convince Linh that complete disclosure is the best. She's telling me that she heard this from folks that have gone through the process. I believe it is someone misreading the I-134 requirements.

I don't have anything to put into the timeline as yet. Just gathering the info to submit the I-129 at this point. As events unfold I will fill in the steps.

I have been through a lot of this process before (AOS and beyond) but that was pre 9/11 and all done here in the US. That went flawlessly. Which means the kharma train is due to come off the tracks this go 'round.

Lots of great experiences here on VJ. I'll be contributing through the entire process.

Navigating the embassy in HCMC sounds like one heck of an adventure.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Anh Map,

Whatever you do, do not misrepresent any information on your application. You will regret about this. They have sent people over to my wife's condo in Saigon twice to verify information.

Best of luck to you

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Timeline
Thanks for the input. I did not sound correct to me. It's trying at times to convince Linh that complete disclosure is the best. She's telling me that she heard this from folks that have gone through the process. I believe it is someone misreading the I-134 requirements.

Would you mind to explain a little bit about what exactly these "folks" have been telling your fiance? She out of anyone should have known how easy it is to find out where she works and where she lives in VN. There are many "folks" who live around her would not hesitaste to rat her out if a consulate officer comes to them and ask about her "business". That's just the way some people are, would she take a chance with them or rather disclosure the facts when being asked?

I am sorry, but hearing someone who gives ill advice to a fellow VJ makes me angry.... Anh Map, stand your ground and make sure she will follow your DIRECTION and ORDER now. It is not the time for her to play around. Unless, her employment is illegal as some other folks have mentioned, she has nothing to hide. Even if she works for the POLICE in Vietnam, it's ok too to tell the consulate... It's just a job! Relax.... But make sure everything she or you give the Consulate is FACT!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.