wioombeen

K1 new fees vrs proposed changes

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I started a K-1 awhile back before the new fees went into effect. Unfortunately things didn't work out at that time. We will be filing again though. The new fees and there whole revamping of the system was just about to go in effect when I was going through all this.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the anything has changed since then besides the increase in fees. Is the wait time shorter? is there less paperwork? is filing easier? are there more agents working at processing apps? stuff like that. thanks for anyone who offers any insight into this. or any other info that you can add to this. thanks.

Thanks

wioombeen

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

I started a K-1 awhile back before the new fees went into effect. Unfortunately things didn't work out at that time. We will be filing again though. The new fees and there whole revamping of the system was just about to go in effect when I was going through all this.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the anything has changed since then besides the increase in fees. Is the wait time shorter? is there less paperwork? is filing easier? are there more agents working at processing apps? stuff like that. thanks for anyone who offers any insight into this. or any other info that you can add to this. thanks.

Thanks

wioombeen

Wait time is longer, especially this year, as my attorney said, she has been doing K-1/K-3 for 8 years, and she has never seen such long wait periods such as the ones this year. The paperwork is about the same, you can check the guides here on this website. Supposedly, there are more agents working at the processing applications: VSC and CSC are the only two that do I-129F application/ fiance petition/K-3/Spouse petition processing. Basically, if you are planning on filing again, anytime is a good time to file, as long as you fulfill all the requirements for your case, their is no accurate indicator of which month is the best to apply, etc. as every case is different, pple get RFE's, some nationalities are from high-fraud countries, so that may take longer, basically, look at the guides for K-1 here and ask any questions as you move along in the process.

Good luck!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

wioombeen

Wait time is longer, especially this year, as my attorney said, she has been doing K-1/K-3 for 8 years, and she has never seen such long wait periods such as the ones this year. The paperwork is about the same, you can check the guides here on this website. Supposedly, there are more agents working at the processing applications: VSC and CSC are the only two that do I-129F application/ fiance petition/K-3/Spouse petition processing. Basically, if you are planning on filing again, anytime is a good time to file, as long as you fulfill all the requirements for your case, their is no accurate indicator of which month is the best to apply, etc. as every case is different, pple get RFE's, some nationalities are from high-fraud countries, so that may take longer, basically, look at the guides for K-1 here and ask any questions as you move along in the process.

Good luck!

yeah its to bad. I was always a big supporter of the new fees as long as the things they proposed would actually take affect. It is to bad that something like this is not treated like any other paid service. If the services promised are not provided then you should get a rebate to old prices or some kind of compensation. I honestly think that if they cannot make good and what they promised they should not be allowed to continue charging these fees. Seems very misleading to me.

But there is no way to police that. And after all its only a few hundred bucks to be with our loved ones so we will wait and we will pay. It is not like we are after something we can just put on hold to prove a point. hehe oh well. thanks fofr the info. That is what I was after so I have an idea what to expect.

:):):)

Wioombeen

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.