MARM

Case sent to wrong embassy?!

4 posts in this topic

If someone's case gets transferred to the WRONG EMBASSY from the NVC what should be done to get the case to the correct one?

I am waiting for NOA2 and for my case to sent to NVC so that I can get the embassy changed from Islamabad, Pakistan to London, UK. But recently, I have read on this site that many July 2008 filers that have recently been approved were not sent an email approval nor was their case updated on the USCIS website tracking system, they found out that their case was approved by calling NVC and finding out that their case had been sent to NVC from USCIS...

I need to be ahead of the game because I need to get the embassy changed, and the best time to do this as when my case will be at NVC, but if what is happening with the July filers happens with me (im an Aug 08 filer), I will end up with my case being sent to the wrong embassy...I am going to try my best to avoid this, but I would still like to know what happens if the case gets sent to the wrong embassy? How do you get your case sent to the right one?

Any advice/comments appreciated!

-MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

You will have an approximate 7 day window to make any changes with NVC. Why not give the NVC a call in advance and ask for advice?

You will have an approximate 7 day window to make any changes with NVC. Why not give the NVC a call in advance and ask for advice?

Thanks, sounds like the best thing to do.

• 2 months later...

Ok guys, so here I am giving you all an update on how I got the embassy location corrected at USCIS-CSC.

We got our NOA2 last week, today I called NVC and they received our case, and...lo and behold! They have the CORRECT embassy location. CSC actually processed our correction!

I sent them a fax, a letter, and called in a service request, and spoke to an immigration officer 3 times in order to get my correction processed while our case was at CSC, and we are so relieved that they actually corrected it!

Praise be to God!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.