Mysticjoyce

Can we use previous documents?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When we had to answer a request for evidence (RFE) for our Fiancee Visa, part of the requested information included was a needed letter from the bank verifying an account there, plus a letter from the employer verifying employment. Those letters are about 10 months old. Can we use the same letters for form I-864 for AOS since that application is next, or do we have to get new documents to meet these requirement?

We used the same letter from my employer for the AOS and K1 and (at least so far) have not gotten an RFE. I don't remember who it was, but when we were putting our AOS package together, I saw that someone else on here had done the same thing and had no problem. Ours was only 3 months old at the time and I've been in the same job for 6 years (with the same employer for nearly 8). That may make a difference.

The only evidence the directions for the I-864 say is required is a copy of your 2007 tax return (and W2, schedules, and 1099s) or a 2007 tax transcript. However, I know there are people here who have gotten RFEs for employer letters and pay stubs anyway. I would think that if you can send copies of your most recent pay stubs and it's pretty clear that your salary and employer are the same (or maybe salary higher), you should be okay.

My answer relates only to the employer letter. My income is high enough that I did not give them any information about my assets so I have no idea what they need for that.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We used the same letter from my employer for the AOS and K1 and (at least so far) have not gotten an RFE. I don't remember who it was, but when we were putting our AOS package together, I saw that someone else on here had done the same thing and had no problem. Ours was only 3 months old at the time and I've been in the same job for 6 years (with the same employer for nearly 8). That may make a difference.

The only evidence the directions for the I-864 say is required is a copy of your 2007 tax return (and W2, schedules, and 1099s) or a 2007 tax transcript. However, I know there are people here who have gotten RFEs for employer letters and pay stubs anyway. I would think that if you can send copies of your most recent pay stubs and it's pretty clear that your salary and employer are the same (or maybe salary higher), you should be okay.

My answer relates only to the employer letter. My income is high enough that I did not give them any information about my assets so I have no idea what they need for that.

Hi Sonoransongbird,

Thank you so much for the information you shared. We just want this things to be straight and hope we will not be sent RFE. I appreciate so much for your reply. Again thank you and have a good day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.