taBo

Need info on Islamabad Embassy!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone! My husband has been on AP for approx. 3 months now. I am a USC. For those who received a call from the embassy or AMEX office requesting the passport to be submitted, is there a specific time they usually call as in the early morning/day of week? Just curious. I constantly call DOS to see if AP is over, but as usual same answer: "Your husbands case is still under administrative processing". I call the embassy to get information but they seriously never ever answer. One thing that concerns me is that I have been told by numerous people that the spouses of USC's get their visa's instantly. Has this really happended to anyone recently? I have read from a lot of posts that contacting the senator/congress person doesn't make much difference than calling DOS myself. I would appreciate your posts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dont U worry

Cus My brother has been on AP APProx morethan One year and his wife is also USC..

answer was same.......from DOS and Islamabad.........Your husbands case is still under administrative processing...Jab bhi finshed huga ga i will tell YOU

so Wait and wtacha and prayto Allah .................

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Timeline
Dont U worry

Cus My brother has been on AP APProx morethan One year and his wife is also USC..

answer was same.......from DOS and Islamabad.........Your husbands case is still under administrative processing...Jab bhi finshed huga ga i will tell YOU

so Wait and wtacha and prayto Allah .................

Thanks a lot! Yea I am just waiting and praying to Allah swt that AP jaldi katam hojai. It's hard because it's gonna be a year next month since I saw him. Did they give any reason as to why your Brother is on AP? I ask every time but they say they don't know. All I know is that during the interview they asked for his original Birth certiificate which he unfortunately didn't have on him and told him he's being put on AP and they want him to send it in. He still has his passport.

Timeline

he is on AP beacuse of name ccheked as they told as

The surname is ALi i think problem thats why,,

Wese no clear answer...

Allah knows better what they are doing wid paksitanis.....

my borther is also so Sad beacuese he has new born baby only 3 months she is..

so cute and his first daugher before he has two sons..

and pray me too i am also wating since three years

InshALlah ur husbad get UR visa SOON..................

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Timeline
he is on AP beacuse of name ccheked as they told as

The surname is ALi i think problem thats why,,

Wese no clear answer...

Allah knows better what they are doing wid paksitanis.....

my borther is also so Sad beacuese he has new born baby only 3 months she is..

so cute and his first daugher before he has two sons..

and pray me too i am also wating since three years

InshALlah ur husbad get UR visa SOON..................

Ameen. Oh they haven't told me anything about name check. But my husband does have a common surname Mohammad. I guess that could be it. Aww, I hope you and your brother get your visa's tooo!!!! INshAllah. I know exactly how you feel. U will be in my prayers. I got married in july 2006. So basically im running near my 3rd year :( But dua to yehi hain sub ko inshAllah visa miljai. I really hope your brother gets to see his baby girl

Timeline

Ok tabo me going NOw remember me in ur prays

anad please please pray for me too

i need dec 5 date for interview so special Dua for me

and also remeber Allah khows better what is best for uss.............so Na umeed na hun ok.......okk keep in touch bye byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Timeline
Ok tabo me going NOw remember me in ur prays

anad please please pray for me too

i need dec 5 date for interview so special Dua for me

and also remeber Allah khows better what is best for uss.............so Na umeed na hun ok.......okk keep in touch bye byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok take care bye ALLahafiz....InshAllah you will see success!!! Sabar ka phal meeta hota hain :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
One thing that concerns me is that I have been told by numerous people that the spouses of USC's get their visa's instantly. Has this really happended to anyone recently?

Tabo, "numerous people" are highly misinformed about immigration. When we got married, we were told I (the beneficiary) would be in the US four months after we apply. We got stuck in AP at USCIS (something very, very rare) and while it was hard enough dealing with that, we had to explain to "numerous people" who knew nothing about immigration why we were stuck. Please don't listen to what others are telling you... VJ is your best shot of getting correct information especially when people are using anecdotal evidence. No one in Pakistan gets "instant visa" to the US anymore. Even the lucky ones who are not put through AP get their visas within a couple of days to a week of their interview. The world of immigration isn't as simple as people believe anymore.

InshAllah I hope you get the good news from DOS real soon. We got married in March, 2006, a couple of months before you... and I know exactly what you're going through.

Good luck to you and your brother too, Rabi.

Please remember me in your prayers. We're nearing our interview inshAllah...

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Timeline
One thing that concerns me is that I have been told by numerous people that the spouses of USC's get their visa's instantly. Has this really happended to anyone recently?

Tabo, "numerous people" are highly misinformed about immigration. When we got married, we were told I (the beneficiary) would be in the US four months after we apply. We got stuck in AP at USCIS (something very, very rare) and while it was hard enough dealing with that, we had to explain to "numerous people" who knew nothing about immigration why we were stuck. Please don't listen to what others are telling you... VJ is your best shot of getting correct information especially when people are using anecdotal evidence. No one in Pakistan gets "instant visa" to the US anymore. Even the lucky ones who are not put through AP get their visas within a couple of days to a week of their interview. The world of immigration isn't as simple as people believe anymore.

InshAllah I hope you get the good news from DOS real soon. We got married in March, 2006, a couple of months before you... and I know exactly what you're going through.

Salam Dhobee, Thanks for the information and advice. I can see that a lot of people really don't know the facts and just say what they assume. Even family in pakistan and some of my highly educated relatives in the US tell me that "oh, why is it taking so long. You are a citizen. your husband should have received it right away. I tell them that AP is becoming common but still there like no blah blah blah why don't you call the embassy email them (like I haven't!!). I tried replying to your post yesterday about the interview date for getting one earlier but my post wouldn't post. My husband is still in pakistan. 3 months have past since he's been on AP. So we are almost on the same time frame. I pray to Allah that your interview will bring you your instant visa InshAllah.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam Dhobee, Thanks for the information and advice. I can see that a lot of people really don't know the facts and just say what they assume. Even family in pakistan and some of my highly educated relatives in the US tell me that "oh, why is it taking so long. You are a citizen. your husband should have received it right away. I tell them that AP is becoming common but still there like no blah blah blah why don't you call the embassy email them (like I haven't!!). I tried replying to your post yesterday about the interview date for getting one earlier but my post wouldn't post. My husband is still in pakistan. 3 months have past since he's been on AP. So we are almost on the same time frame. I pray to Allah that your interview will bring you your instant visa InshAllah.

Girls,

you all r not alone=) been on AP for past one yr now... it 's a terrible wait.. cant exgagrate enuff... her ek din is longer than a yr... but again as Rabi says Allah ki maslihat hogi! He knows wat is best for us=))

We were told K-1 was the fastest.. thus we got engaged not married in June of 2006.. now we r stuck!!!! we can't get married cuz we applied for K-1..

praying for you all.. plz make dua 4 us

duas,

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Girls,

you all r not alone=) been on AP for past one yr now... it 's a terrible wait.. cant exgagrate enuff... her ek din is longer than a yr... but again as Rabi says Allah ki maslihat hogi! He knows wat is best for us=))

We were told K-1 was the fastest.. thus we got engaged not married in June of 2006.. now we r stuck!!!! we can't get married cuz we applied for K-1..

duas,

Salam to All,

REvived you are right praying to Allah for all is indeed a good step. I understand that we do become so irritated with "sabar" but Allah knows whats right and at what time. It's hard but we have to take this test of patience. I haven't been coming online more often but will keep posting. I hope everything works out for you. Allah will inshAllah get your case out of AP soon so that you will be able to be with your fiance. Take care for now Allahafiz

Edited by taBo

Salam Tabo!

Unfortunately i forgot to show them my orignal translated marraige certificate too.So they put me on AP.

Your husband and i have gotten AP,this is missing document AP.

But here i wanna give you a good news that AP in this year since February or March 2008 is getting over soon as compared to the previous years.

The logic is very simple that FBI & DOS has joint venture and they r solving the AP matter fastly.Coz they have hired more employees.

So sister just pray for ALL as i m doing too.Everything will be fine.

InshaAllah

Sibtain

Edited by SIBTAIN

Timeline

Subttain Dont YOu worry UR case Willout of AP Soon

Any may UR wife Ge wellsoon...

I can understand Ur tension about your WIFe

But dont U worry everything will be fine and Smoothly INshaAllah

remmber me in Ur prayssssssssssssssssss

and Taboo u also dont worry.........

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Girls,

duas,

Salam to All,

REvived you are right praying to Allah for all is indeed a good step. I understand that we do become so irritated with "sabar" but Allah knows whats right and at what time. It's hard but we have to take this test of patience. I haven't been coming online more often but will keep posting. I hope everything works out for you. Allah will inshAllah get your case out of AP soon so that you will be able to be with your fiance. Take care for now Allahafiz

thnx for the kind words=)

Sibtain u may b right.. it depends on what checks r requested.. ( i think.. i m no expert @ this..)

good lucks to all...

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline
Salam Tabo!

Unfortunately i forgot to show them my orignal translated marraige certificate too.So they put me on AP.

Your husband and i have gotten AP,this is missing document AP.

But here i wanna give you a good news that AP in this year since February or March 2008 is getting over soon as compared to the previous years.

The logic is very simple that FBI & DOS has joint venture and they r solving the AP matter fastly.Coz they have hired more employees.

So sister just pray for ALL as i m doing too.Everything will be fine.

InshaAllah

Sibtain

W.Salam Sibtain!!! Hey now i feel somewhat eased since you have a similiar case for being put on AP. My husband actually didn't have the original BIRTH CERTIFICATE we had the copy :( but its the same as you say for missing document AP. I have called DOS daily they tell me that we don't have any reason why its on AP. I figured this cuz a lot of people posting say its in security clearance, background checks and so on. I just hope it finishes smoothly and my husband inshAllah gets the call. You tell me this good news about AP solving faster makes me really happy since all i have read is it is taking longer. I hope what your saying in fact becomes true for you, my husband and everyone out there on AP. I did realize they are really strict on accuracy and proof. Even one slight thing here and there stirs up a long unexpected wait. That's why I'd give advice to people that triple check you have everything even if you think its not important. who knows that could get you your visa!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.