sunzetgirl

K1 applicants not allowed to have a co-sponsor?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

someone posted in the forum that she got denied because K1 applicants are not allowed to have a co-sponsor. OMG my fiance will freak out once he hears about this.

can anyone confirm this?

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

yes, no co sponsor for k1 and k3 visa.. If just your fiance meet the poverty guidlines, and nothing to worry about....

Good luck to your journey!

My Timeline~

03/13/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to CSC

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - touched! : )

08/14/08 - NOA2 via email : )

08/18/08 - NOA2 hard copy

08/22/08 - Approved from NVC

08/28/08 - DV paid

09/11/08 - USEM received (case number MNL2008xxxxxx)

10/2,3/08 - Medical @ St.Lukes, PASSED!!

10/15/08 - Interview Date (Lacking of Documents)

10/21/08 - Submitted Additional Requirement (Alex's Proof of Enrollment)

11/12/08 - VISA ON HAND!!! Thank you God!!!

01/28/09 - My baby's 2nd visit in Philippines

02/03/09 - Flight to US with my baby, POE: Detroit

03/03/09 - Courthouse Wedding day yay!

05/07/09 - Submit AOS Packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/18/09 - NOA1 for AOS,AP&EAD Received in Mail

05/22/09 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

06/05/09 - Biometrics Schedule at 3pm

06/07/09 - Church Wedding

08/01/09 - AP received!

08/04/09 - EAD card received!!! yay!

09/18/09 - Interview for Green Card!

09/21/09 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

OCTOBER 3 2009 I GOT MY GREENCARD

06/17/11 Sent I 175 to USCIS

06/20/11 Received and checked cashed

06/25/11 Received NOA1 in the mail

Timeline
yes, no co sponsor for k1 and k3 visa.. If just your fiance meet the poverty guidlines, and nothing to worry about....

OMG! My fiance is making way over the threshold, but he resigned from job 3 months before the interview(long story). But he has current job which pays almost as much as he was getting paid before, but he only started working the last week of october, and by that time he already sent me his documents. I have his I134 and 1040 that shows he is making over $21,000 in the year 2007, he will be able to provide W2 as well as bank records that shows his average balance for the last 12 months. We just found out that USEM doenst allow co-sponsorships just last night so it will be too late for him to send an employment certificate from his new job. Would his 2007 ITR,W2 and bank records enough?

Pls I need your insights. Thanks

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

Timeline

OMG! My fiance is making way over the threshold, but he resigned from job 3 months before the interview(long story). But he has current job which pays almost as much as he was getting paid before, but he only started working the last week of october, and by that time he already sent me his documents. I have his I134 and 1040 that shows he is making over $21,000 in the year 2007, he will be able to provide W2 as well as bank records that shows his average balance for the last 12 months. We just found out that USEM doenst allow co-sponsorships just last night so it will be too late for him to send an employment certificate from his new job. Would his 2007 ITR,W2 and bank records enough?

Just present his Tax transcript, present employment letter and latest paystub you will be fine. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband got another job few days before my interview. I told him to send me another employment certificate of his new job. He got one, had it notarized, scanned it and emailed to me. I had it printed in an internet cafe at Robinson's Ermita the night before my interview. I presented it to USEM together with the other employment certificate and paystubs, and I had no problem. They accepted the copy with no question. Maybe you could do the same, tell your bf about it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No deny for co-sponsor just present a documents that needed like a letter from your fiance employer, You will be fine just present your fiance Bank record or his new payslip from his new work then you will be fine.. beside not all cases for co-sponsor end up for not having a visa or under AR, God bless

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
No deny for co-sponsor just present a documents that needed like a letter from your fiance employer, You will be fine just present your fiance Bank record or his new payslip from his new work then you will be fine.. beside not all cases for co-sponsor end up for not having a visa or under AR, God bless

I agree.. I had a co sponsor last time and my interview went out no sweat at all! I think as what I read here..they discourage co sponsorship but NOT denied. It may end up on AR or delay because they want more proof but again NOT denied!

I think you are fine. Present latest means of income and you will be alright. Trust in God! Good luck!

Vida Taylor

Timeline

I have my interview last Nov. 7, 2008 and I get approved!!!!

But I use co-sponsor and that works well, as long you have all the documents required.

My Fiance's ITR mark "DO NOT FILE" but I still use it, you have to present it clear and don't make a negative statement.

Like instead of using "he did not earn much" or "he is not earning enough to file"as a reason make it sound "that's what he is earning so far and I trust him that he will improve blah blah blah" just make a positive statement and be enthusiastic. Aldo it's important that you give all info for the first interviewer they are the one get your evidence and don't hesitate to tell him why you need to give particular evidence, specially if your case is a little bit complicated. If its not common the filipino that will interview you will write something about your case that the consul will base his question. SO don't think they are only pre- screener they are not only the person will get your stuff.

Goodluck

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_lvWssFqww&hl=en"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_lvWssFqww&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_lvWssFqww&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Timeline

Many thanks to the people who took the time to reply to this post. My interview will be on November 17, I will make a post about how it went. May God Bless Us Always.

K1

fortcollins5.jpg

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

So if I am understanding this correctly, they are not totally turning down those that present a co-sponsor it is just not looked well. Then that makes me ask how much does it matter if you only make a little above the 125% poverty line?

Corbin

MGCtBY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.