AngelSaint

Vaccination before Medical Exam at St.Luke's Hospital

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

I just want to clarify something about medical exam at SLMCEC. :innocent:

Do i need to have vaccination shots before scheduling my medical exam? Is it necessary to have vaccination record? Will this issue may cause delay for my medical? I don't have any vaccination record except during i was a child..lol :star: I am also a healthy girl. :star::star::star:

I have talked to a friend who was approved for K3 visa lately. She told me that she had her vaccination shots for 3 months before she went to st. lukes for medical exam. "St lukes can't give all the required vaccination in just one day or two for there are 14 sets of vaccination, she said." :unsure::unsure::unsure:

This are the list of vaccination needed based on the USEM letter.

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B, Hepatitis Type A, Hepatitis Type B, Varicella, Pneumoccocal, Rotavirus, Meningococcal, Human Papillomavirus, Zoster

I am uncertain to do what my friend did. :innocent::unsure::unsure:

I hope to hear from those who have medical experience already..Thank you and have a nice day. :dance::dance::dance:

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Hi guys,

Do i need to have vaccination shots before scheduling my medical exam? Is it necessary to have vaccination record? Will this issue may cause delay for my medical? I don't have any vaccination record except during i was a child..lol :star: I am also a healthy girl. :star::star::star:

I have talked to a friend who was approved for K3 visa lately. She told me that she had her vaccination shots for 3 months before she went to st. lukes for medical exam. "St lukes can't give all the required vaccination in just one day or two for there are 14 sets of vaccination, she said." :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B, Hepatitis Type A, Hepatitis Type B, Varicella, Pneumoccocal, Rotavirus, Meningococcal, Human Papillomavirus, Zoster

I hope to hear from those who have medical experience already..Thank you and have a nice day. :dance::dance::dance:

not really important. they will be the one who will give u shots, and it included on your medical fees already, dont worry, only contigous one will be having some problem on medical. stay healthy. good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you bevs. You got a very nice substantial info. :thumbs::thumbs:

I am just kinda unsure about having vaccination here.

I have read also that these vaccinations are really required when u file at uscis for permanent card.

They said that it would be better to get vaccination here in the phil because it is less expensive than in the US.

How many shots do u have at st lukes and what are these?

Thanks for more info. I am a friend of melody too. Do u know her?

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Thank you bevs. You got a very nice substantial info. :thumbs::thumbs:

I am just kinda unsure about having vaccination here.

I have read also that these vaccinations are really required when u file at uscis for permanent card.

They said that it would be better to get vaccination here in the phil because it is less expensive than in the US.

How many shots do u have at st lukes and what are these?

Thanks for more info. I am a friend of melody too. Do u know her?

i got 2 shots since i was got my MMR there way back 2004 and they counted it, my SON got 4shots good for 7 vaccines, pity on him. well i suggest u not to take some shot cuz later when u apply for AOS, they might request u to get it again, which i believe not in our holds, just wait till u will done with this and able to apply for AOS. yes i knew melody. i had ANTI CERVICAL CANCER AND NTI TETANUS.

Edited by bevs

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

not really important. they will be the one who will give u shots, and it included on your medical fees already, dont worry, only contigous one will be having some problem on medical. stay healthy. good luck.

Hello ! !

I really don't know anything about all these vaccinations. Some suggested that I should go ahead and take some of it so it won't be so painful for me. And I can't imagine having all those 16 shots for only 2 days. Please help me... My Husband told me that it might be not 16 single shots because it is not like that in the US. So will you tell me that is it like that? Like having 4 shots for 7? Thank you...

the medical fee youll pay slec will include the vaccinations. a doctor will interview you and determine what shots youll need depending on your age. if you have previous immunization records, you can bring them but if not, dont worry, it wont cause any delay.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.