ryandgracey

Proof of relationship

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Quick question: I have received several letters and what-nots in bubble-mailer packets. These are just too bulky to take along to the interview. Can I just take pictures of them to show the CO if asked? I will have no problems bring the cards and letters.

Thanks for your input.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah you can do that too but I suggest bring some of it. I wasn't ask snail mails during my interview but a friend of mine who had the same interview as I am was asked for original cards and mails. She just photo copied them and the Co told her we are not going to give you photo copy visa. ;) Different Co requires different evidence. Just be ready.

Good Luck!

Vida Taylor

Yeah you can do that too but I suggest bring some of it. I wasn't ask snail mails during my interview but a friend of mine who had the same interview as I am was asked for original cards and mails. She just photo copied them and the Co told her we are not going to give you photo copy visa. ;) Different Co requires different evidence. Just be ready.

Good Luck!

Vida Taylor

Thank you. I do intend on bringing the actual cards and letters, and some of the bubble-mail packets.

Hope you are feeling better. I can't say I know how you feel because i don't but I have pretty much an idea. Just hang in there, be strong for him and for your family. Prayer never really hurts too. :star:

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Hi guys.

Quick question: I have received several letters and what-nots in bubble-mailer packets. These are just too bulky to take along to the interview. Can I just take pictures of them to show the CO if asked? I will have no problems bring the cards and letters.

Thanks for your input.

Hello, I just want to make a suggestions my fiance sent me a couple of bubble packet mail with cards and some stuff inside what I did now in my preparation for my proofs of on -going relationship. I removed the bubble plastic inside to flatten it and now I can put it inside clear folder or whatever folder you will be using in assembling your documents. Hope it helps. God speed and Good luck!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One simple tip. WHATEVER you can get your hands on.... to prove that you have a genuine relationship with your fiance, BRING IT. If its bulky, like a gift .... e.g. stuff toys, clothes... etc. Take a picture of it and label it. The proofs that you bring with you, arrange it according to date. Coz most cases, they'll ask for emails for the last 2-3 months or chat logs.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

All you need is a few pages of your chat logs from different months and PHOTOS of you together...some with your family, you and your husband, some of your wedding and some with you to together. This isnt rocket science but look at it this way, why not take everything you have (evidence,I-130 package,AOS package and DS-230) just to be safe. Your other choice is to have a delay and have to return so ask yourself do you really want a delay???? Be smart about it, your dealing with the United States Goverment and not some currupt goverment office in the province!

Common sense tells me a ounce of preperation is much better then weeks of delay because you didnt bring something that you should of.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Am taking out the bubble layer of these packets....

Printing out 4-5 emails (some contiguous) for each month since June 06, same with the chat logs till present time.

120 pictures all in all, not including pics of my daughter and myself.

Full copies of the I-130's, ds230's, AOS, DS3032, G325a's, even the receipts of the AOS and IV bill.

Plane tickets, hotel/resort bookings, show tickets, even gas receipts, restaurants, wedding receipts, yes, even that ride-all-you-can wrist tag from Storyland.

Phone call logs, insurance letter from his insurance company, credit card company letters, bank statements (including my own)

Oh...and cards from the nursing home staff, well-wishes from relatives abroad...ecards, actual cards and emails from my mother-in-law

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you. I do intend on bringing the actual cards and letters, and some of the bubble-mail packets.

I suggest to cut the portion where the ADDRESS is shown that way it's not too bulky, and also cut the portion with US and PI stamps.

2010.png

Hello it wont hurt to take them along, but if you think they are too bulky you can take the envelope they were brought in, every single one of them but for letters take every single one.

I did recieve a lot of books and bulky gift items, what i did was take the envelopes they were mailed in and she was satisfied, cos they had dates on it.

But all officers arent the same, but i think its ridiculous for me to bring in shoes, clothes to the embassy. Il rather take pics of them.

Good luck

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Am taking out the bubble layer of these packets....

Printing out 4-5 emails (some contiguous) for each month since June 06, same with the chat logs till present time.

120 pictures all in all, not including pics of my daughter and myself.

Full copies of the I-130's, ds230's, AOS, DS3032, G325a's, even the receipts of the AOS and IV bill.

Plane tickets, hotel/resort bookings, show tickets, even gas receipts, restaurants, wedding receipts, yes, even that ride-all-you-can wrist tag from Storyland.

Phone call logs, insurance letter from his insurance company, credit card company letters, bank statements (including my own)

Oh...and cards from the nursing home staff, well-wishes from relatives abroad...ecards, actual cards and emails from my mother-in-law

i think you have it all. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.