ryandgracey

USEM website update

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And dont forget the Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificates...all in NSO Security Paper.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Don't really know if removing DV is a plus or not. Prior to DV quite a few people were placed on AR because of NSO documents. It normally took a couple months + to get approved when USEM handled the procedure.

With DV it was more like O days to 3 and 4 weeks.

There's still going to be fake NSO documents. What USEM will do about it remains to be seen.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Pssssst! Jose Rizal, what's your say in this?

At least USEM is aware of the problems of administering DV and is trying implement a DIY solution (i.e. bring your own CENMAR/CENOMAR!) Haha! :blink:

Seriously if the US embassy had realized that the DV was creating more backlogs and had decided to remove it, then why wasn't the DV process retroactive? If you've noticed that the recent applicants are already getting their visas and some are already with their SOs in the US whereas us August and September applicants are still waiting for ours.

Though we are happy for the new applicants already having their visas, it's really unfair for the rest of us just waiting for the DV. On average, it takes eight weeks (contrary to the six weeks) before our DVs get back to the USEM. Add a few more weeks for review, printing and delivery. It's really a stressful and depressing stage for us as we cannot even plan even for the short term. We are living on a day-to-day basis since our interview dates one to two months ago. And we are all victims of bureaucracy.

For those to be interviewed just again clarify with Delbros just to be sure the sceond time around. But one interviewee who was interviewed yesterday wasn't asked for the DV. So for the November applicants, this would seem to be the situation for now. But for the December applicants things may change. Like what StephnRia mentioned "who knows how the system works?"

All I can say is the cliche "prepare for the worst and hope for the best". In other words, bring all the necessary docs and verify again and again the DV thing just in case and just hope that the DV is no longer required during your interviews. My best wishes to all of you! (Well, might as well iclude us still waiting in that statement!):)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Pssssst! Jose Rizal, what's your say in this?

At least USEM is aware of the problems of administering DV and is trying implement a DIY solution (i.e. bring your own CENMAR/CENOMAR!) Haha! :blink:

Seriously if the US embassy had realized that the DV was creating more backlogs and had decided to remove it, then why wasn't the DV process retroactive? If you've noticed that the recent applicants are already getting their visas and some are already with their SOs in the US whereas us August and September applicants are still waiting for ours.

Though we are happy for the new applicants already having their visas, it's really unfair for the rest of us just waiting for the DV. On average, it takes eight weeks (contrary to the six weeks) before our DVs get back to the USEM. Add a few more weeks for review, printing and delivery. It's really a stressful and depressing stage for us as we cannot even plan even for the short term. We are living on a day-to-day basis since our interview dates one to two months ago. And we are all victims of bureaucracy.

For those to be interviewed just again clarify with Delbros just to be sure the sceond time around. But one interviewee who was interviewed yesterday wasn't asked for the DV. So for the November applicants, this would seem to be the situation for now. But for the December applicants things may change. Like what StephnRia mentioned "who knows how the system works?"

All I can say is the cliche "prepare for the worst and hope for the best". In other words, bring all the necessary docs and verify again and again the DV thing just in case and just hope that the DV is no longer required during your interviews. My best wishes to all of you! (Well, might as well iclude us still waiting in that statement!) :)

Manny, I agree of you its unfair for us who has waiting long time but happy to others got their visas already. Hope next time USEM will aware about this happened again to others who has waiting for DV. One wish, hope they will work good this weeks for all of us who was in waiting list.

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

It is frustrating having to wait weeks on end for that little piece of art on our passports known as the much-coveted US visa. It is for this reason that I had wanted to pay DV as early as now, despite having about a month left before our interview.

I don't know if forgoing DV is a good or a bad thing...probably good so that the US will know that we are not frauds...bad because these things are done by hand, thanks to the efficient government agency known as NSO, which prolongs the waiting period for those interviewd much later when the DV was still in effect.

We are all anxious to be reunited with our loved ones but we eventually will be, DV or not. Just need some extra patience.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

I talked to Grace about 9 hours ago and she said document verification payment is no more, but to bring a recent cenomar/marriage index document from the NSO to the interview.

12/27/13 mailed application

I talked to Grace about 9 hours ago and she said document verification payment is no more, but to bring a recent cenomar/marriage index document from the NSO to the interview.

Hopefully it doesn't change yet. What a bummer would it be if, just a couple days before the interview, they decide to bring DV back?

I got my CENMAR thru the e-census site. Saves me time going to NSO and standing in line.

Will have our medicals Nov 25. Will be staying at a hotel nearby for my daughter's comfort.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yup, we are doing our own DV. We were asked for annuled MC w/CDLI and a current current CENMAR w/ the names of previous marriage record and current marriage record on it as well as the current MC. we hand delivered it to embassy the other day and the line was the same as during the inteview. you are queued again. my husband was there for 4 hrs. ang dami daw na may pink slip and still required to hand in more docs. that's the DV!

TIMELINE: K-3

9/21/07: I-130 received at Chicago

1/3/08: I-130 NOA 1

1/16/08: I-129 NOA1

9/15/08:approval of both I-130 and I-129F

10/4/08: received letter from USEM to schedule for interview

10/16-10/17/08: husband passed medical

10/28/08: i went to my husband's interview (pink slip) but more requirements needed from NSO a repeat of CENMAR and MC, marriage index w/ CDLI

11/4/08: husband hand delivered additional docs to USEM; waiting for consul to review it

11/14: consul reviewed docs

11/19: i received letter from Senator stating that husband's Visa approved.

11/20: visa released to delbros

11/24/08: visa in hand

11/26/08:husband flew to Georgia

working permit

12/1/08: sent via USPS to VSC

12/8/08: NOA 1

1/22/09: approved

1/28/09: received EAD card

AOS

7/13/09:AOS package sent via USPS

7/15/09: received at Chicago Lockbox

7/17/09: check for $1010 cashed

7/21/09: NOA 1 for AOS received

7/27/09: biometrics appt notice scheduled for 8/19/09 3pm, atlanta service center

8/19/09: husband's biometrics done

9/26/09: AOS interview approved: waiting for the 10 yr green card

10/7/09: green card received

2012: apply for citizenship

I am posting Steve and Maria's PM to me regarding the subject matter and my response to them so that we can both share our insights on this. :)

Jose Rizal,

After reading your post about DV if felt compelled to write. I pray that you receive your Visa very soon. The system should work and give people the faith that it will work. The responsibility is that of USEM to ensure that the system is working and it is fair. Fairness it seems has gone out of the window. My Fiancee and myself have been blessed with a quicker than normal processing of our application. But by no means do we take this blessing for granted. We read the post daily and we want for everyone what is so simple in the end, for everyone to be with their loveones. We pray that all the families here are placed back together. God's speed on your Journey!!

God Bless,

Steve and Maria

Dear Steve and Maria,

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words regarding our situation. While by no means we are against DV, the bureaucracy stemming from both the US Embassy here and the NSO have been causing depression and sometimes even up to the point of despair for most if not all of us. I must admit that I am still for the implementation of DV since we are a high fraud county. As such, ensuring the authenticity of our documents is definitely a must. (Would believe that fraudelent documents ranging from driver's licences, social security id's, land titles, college transcripts and diplomas and yes, even NSO documents are being hawked openly in the streets of Manila?)

While from the very beginning it is expected that the DV may cause delays in issuing our visas, what is frustrating is that it takes on average six to eight weeks to verify our documents whereas ordering your civil records online will result in delivery to your home in three to four working days. And if you're willing to go the the NSO offices, it will just take you three hours inclusive of the time spent on the long queues to get the said documents.

To add insult to injury, the USEM in response to the backlogs caused by DV has implemented a DIY solution by asking applicants just to bring the NSO documents themselves during the interview itself. This action by the US Embassy obviously defeats the very purpose of ensuring that documents being submitted to them are not fraudulent.

We are all still hanging on keeping our spirits high and helping one another. Again thank you for your kind and ecouraging words. God bless!

Jose Rizal

Uhm... Excuse me guys, just to butt in..

Can I ask what's the difference between CENOMAR and Marriage Index? ^_^

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

The CENOMAR/CENMAR is synonymous with the marriage index. But technically the marriage index is the national tally of marriages in the Philppines being maintained by the NSO which is based on all marriage marriages vis-a-vis the national census. What is indicated on the CENMAR/CENOMAR is based on this marriage index.

The CENOMAR/CENMAR is synonymous with the marriage index. But technically the marriage index is the national tally of marriages in the Philppines being maintained by the NSO which is based on all marriage marriages vis-a-vis the national census. What is indicated on the CENMAR/CENOMAR is based on this marriage index.

Oh Thank you my national hero for enlightening me . :thumbs:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline
I am posting Steve and Maria's PM to me regarding the subject matter and my response to them so that we can both share our insights on this. :)

Jose Rizal,

After reading your post about DV if felt compelled to write. I pray that you receive your Visa very soon. The system should work and give people the faith that it will work. The responsibility is that of USEM to ensure that the system is working and it is fair. Fairness it seems has gone out of the window. My Fiancee and myself have been blessed with a quicker than normal processing of our application. But by no means do we take this blessing for granted. We read the post daily and we want for everyone what is so simple in the end, for everyone to be with their loveones. We pray that all the families here are placed back together. God's speed on your Journey!!

God Bless,

Steve and Maria

Dear Steve and Maria,

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words regarding our situation. While by no means we are against DV, the bureaucracy stemming from both the US Embassy here and the NSO have been causing depression and sometimes even up to the point of despair for most if not all of us. I must admit that I am still for the implementation of DV since we are a high fraud county. As such, ensuring the authenticity of our documents is definitely a must. (Would believe that fraudelent documents ranging from driver's licences, social security id's, land titles, college transcripts and diplomas and yes, even NSO documents are being hawked openly in the streets of Manila?)

While from the very beginning it is expected that the DV may cause delays in issuing our visas, what is frustrating is that it takes on average six to eight weeks to verify our documents whereas ordering your civil records online will result in delivery to your home in three to four working days. And if you're willing to go the the NSO offices, it will just take you three hours inclusive of the time spent on the long queues to get the said documents.

To add insult to injury, the USEM in response to the backlogs caused by DV has implemented a DIY solution by asking applicants just to bring the NSO documents themselves during the interview itself. This action by the US Embassy obviously defeats the very purpose of ensuring that documents being submitted to them are not fraudulent.

We are all still hanging on keeping our spirits high and helping one another. Again thank you for your kind and ecouraging words. God bless!

Jose Rizal

Jose Rizal.. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ..very well said & written...it sums up what we all feel waiting for their visa...bureucracy+fraudulence in the phils...tsk..tsk.tsk..its in d system of our government way before our forefathers...but inspite & despite of these shameful traits,we still have so much to thank about our country & be thankful & grateful to the almighty....on the lighter note :innocent: the wait is the problem..it sure feels like it takes all the time in the world and u don't want to wait anymore...but the more we should wait a little longer,leaving everything to Him...His ways are not our ways..His thoughts are not our thoughts...we all should increase our FAITH & just simply be thankful that He caused all of this to happen...to find goodness in every bad person/situation we are in.....for all you know,it's us /,our batch, that has been an eye opener to the embassy,nso,dv..et....to prevent future backlogs..consider it pure joy & blessing!!...and we will be rewarded in the end.....our labor is not in vain...God be with us all :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.