eskibe

Waiting for the delivery of visa, whats the best thing to do?

5 posts in this topic

I have been interviewed last Oct. 20, 2008 at US embassy Manila, Im just wondering why other received their visa with in a week or less, and in my case its more than two weeks already, Can you guys give me some advice on what to do? My wife is scheduled for a medical appointment as soon as possible and she want me to be with her.

I have been interviewed last Oct. 20, 2008 at US embassy Manila, Im just wondering why other received their visa with in a week or less, and in my case its more than two weeks already, Can you guys give me some advice on what to do? My wife is scheduled for a medical appointment as soon as possible and she want me to be with her.

You have to resign yourself to something mahirap para sa mga pinoy: Patience. I know, from my own experience, I went from periods of panic to dispair, because I saw others get their quickly, and mine took a little longer. Minsan may mga bagay na hindi mo maintindihan.

So, try to think about the time, and find something else to do. Magiging mabuti din ang lahat sa bandang huli. Go shopping. Go to a movie. Spent some time visiting friends you will probably never see again. :clock:

Good luck, and God bless.

p.s. Don't forget to dress warm. It's frigging cold here!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

well i waited for 7 weeks now and together with some Vj's member here. just hang on and enjoy reading this site and u may surprize that some member waited for 2 months and more now. it will come soon, the less u expected.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

been waiting for ages :wacko: a few more days and i'm on my 2nd month of waiting. :bonk:

AOS Timeline

July 16, 2009 - AOS (I-485 and I-765)application mailed

July 19, 2009 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

July 22, 2009 - NOA1 Date

July 24, 2009 - Notice Date for Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 18, 2009 - EAD and AOS "touched"

Aug. 20, 2009 - Notice Date for Request to Appear for Initial Interview

Sept. 2, 2009 - EAD "touched"

Sept. 15, 2009 - Received EAD card in the mail

Sept. 23, 2009 - Interview Appointment at 10:15am- "Approved"

Sept. 24, 2009 - received email "card production ordered" I485

Oct. 1, 2009 - received NOA2

Oct 5, 2009 - received GC in the mail ?thanks God?

shopping!

hmm, at least that's what i did when i waited for my visa which took a couple of weeks to arrive..

but judging on your post, you're a HE right?

maybe spend time with your friends, play ball, or maybe go out for a treking trip, camping..you know, things which can be entertaining and at the same time challenging enough to take your mind off of the whole "when will my visa arrive" thinking moments.

but you can always hang around here at VJ, we're family here..

may visa o wala, nagdadamayan kami dito ^_^

Edited by MJ3lasvegas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.