SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What an exciting day!!! Mine is NOV 13th, Friday the 13th to be exact!! LOL. Hey we all need to wear a yellow ribbon somewhere on us so that we can identify each other on our interview date.........Who's in? :dance:

I'm in.

If I say I'll wear it pinned to my boxers, will you pants people trying to figure it out?

:P

*ponder*

I will be the girl with Mickey Mouse ears and a Tweety bird pin on my collar. GO USA! :dance:

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably be wearing my red Canada Olympic mittens.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'll probably be wearing my red Canada Olympic mittens.

Oh! Are they cute? My mom ordered me a pair and is bringing them when she comes to visit in a couple weeks. I'm excited :P

Yes, they are very nice... except they are made in China. I found it funny.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
Yes, they are very nice... except they are made in China. I found it funny.

:lol: Don't you love that? I just noticed the other day my Ugg boots are made in China. They like to say their "Australian" and "imported" but they don't note where exactly they are imported from :P

But good to know they are nice!

Timeline

I picked up my medical today - I PASSED! :)

Has anyone happened to get the appointment letter in the mail yet? That's the last thing we're waiting for now.

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

I have to get my medical sent to me. 50 bucks down the drain, ugh.

And maybe I should be staying in Montreal another night. It looks like they're really over booking and I dont want to miss the train.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone happened to get the appointment letter in the mail yet? That's the last thing we're waiting for now.

Um. how do you know you passed? All that I had access to with the medical documentation is the vaccination certificate, everything else is sealed in an envelope. Or did they tell you that you passed?

I'm wondering actually, and am lazy -- how long is the medical good for? And is it valid from the date of the exam, or from when the package/report was issued? Cause I had it back in August. I read somewhere that the same medical can be used for AOS but it has to be recent enough. Maybe it's a year or something.

Gah I do think I need those nice men with the lovely white bondage coat and padded room. :wacko:

Timeline

Um. how do you know you passed? All that I had access to with the medical documentation is the vaccination certificate, everything else is sealed in an envelope. Or did they tell you that you passed?

I'm wondering actually, and am lazy -- how long is the medical good for? And is it valid from the date of the exam, or from when the package/report was issued? Cause I had it back in August. I read somewhere that the same medical can be used for AOS but it has to be recent enough. Maybe it's a year or something.

Gah I do think I need those nice men with the lovely white bondage coat and padded room. :wacko:

I asked the lady if I passed and she said yes, everything is okay. I think if they allow you to pick it up, then you're fine. I think it's good for a year.

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Yes, the medical is good for a year. That year begins the day the medical was administered. You can use it for AOS but need a civil surgeon to transcribe your vaccinations onto form I-693... but don't worry about that right now! :lol:

Filed: Timeline
So, are we talking a form to fill out every 10 years, or a huge stack of paperwork every 10 years if we don't Naturalize?!

do u know how to fill out the form I-160 online ?!they sent me email to fill out form I-160 online and i dont know how i do it bcs i dont have my picture scanned , do u have any adea how to fill out this form without picture scanned?

good luck wit u interview

thanks

So, are we talking a form to fill out every 10 years, or a huge stack of paperwork every 10 years if we don't Naturalize?!

do u know how to fill out the form I-160 online ?!they sent me email to fill out form I-160 online and i dont know how i do it bcs i dont have my picture scanned , do u have any adea how to fill out this form without picture scanned?

good luck wit u interview

thanks

It's the DS-160.

If you can't put in the picture, just bring an extra to the interview.

So just fill it out.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting for my p3...... *sigh*

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline

It can take a little bit for MTL mail to actually get to you but if you have been waiting longer than 2 weeks, I would email them and ask them to resend the packet. Mine got lost the first time around and a few people had the problem that they were told it was mailed out when it actually hadn't been yet.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.