tallcoolone

Gas Prices in PI vs US

19 posts in this topic

I just filled up the SUV at $2.75 here in Riverside County, Calif. I'm driving to Phoenix tomorrow where I'll be at the whole week for a work assignment.

By the way, gas prices are down but so are the stocks and mutual funds. My retirement portfolio is heavy with energy companies like VLO (Valero), SLB (Schlumberger) and XOM (Exxon) and I am down 48% YTD and I might not be able to retire in 3 years as planned. Anybody with the same predicament?

I gave up on Stock/Mutual Funds about 8 years ago.

I found a better solution. I started to stockpile my cash in order to retire in the Philippines, plus my wife is soon to be RN so that should secure my future.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just filled up the SUV at $2.75 here in Riverside County, Calif. I'm driving to Phoenix tomorrow where I'll be at the whole week for a work assignment.

By the way, gas prices are down but so are the stocks and mutual funds. My retirement portfolio is heavy with energy companies like VLO (Valero), SLB (Schlumberger) and XOM (Exxon) and I am down 48% YTD and I might not be able to retire in 3 years as planned. Anybody with the same predicament?

I gave up on Stock/Mutual Funds about 8 years ago.

I found a better solution. I started to stockpile my cash in order to retire in the Philippines, plus my wife is soon to be RN so that should secure my future.

I've told my man (AJAnTess) a dozen times not to worry so much about the decline in the value of his retirement funds. He can retire in 3 years if he wants to, no matter what. There's always a haven for retirees called the Philippines. I'll be joining him in the States soon and 3 years will be more than enough for me to be able to enjoy the sights and sounds, and places, and everything in America. After that, we can sell the house in Corona, Calif., get lump sum distributions from his pension funds and then pack up for the Philippines. After all, he has been in the US for 35 years now and it's almost time to take it easy and forget the grindstone. With the money from the equity of the house and whatever remains from the pension funds, we can buy that house and lot, and enjoy the fresh air and serenity, at Villa Mercedes in the foothills of Mt. Apo in Davao City. And we'd be able to live comfortably with his monthly pensions from Social Security and his former employer.

Edited by SenoritaTeresita

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just fed my Hertz rental car for $2.59 here in Dublin, California. Wow! Gas is astronomical here in The Golden State. :star:

What are ya doin' in the Bay Area, Bubba? Lemme see, oh, you went to console your buddies at the Castro District because Proposition 8 passed, ain't it?

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.