sjoefl01

Still in limbo

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We got another NOA this week with another one year extension. They put the whole $625 fee on it and said nothing about our daughter. They still haven't cashed the checks.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Timeline
We got another NOA this week with another one year extension. They put the whole $625 fee on it and said nothing about our daughter. They still haven't cashed the checks.

Hi from what I understand, did you pay $625 X 2/ or did you just send $625 for you and your daughter?,and they returned the checks/Check?

What you needed to do was send in 1 check for you and your daughter , in the amount of $ 625 , this covers you and your daughter's I 751 and Biometrics, thats all. you do not have to send a seperate check for her.

Was any of your checks cashed???, make your story clear its hard to understand what you are trying to expain here, I sent in $625 for me and my son and filled only one I 751 form and added him in my form,in Part 5 .

exxplain better andd I could help you here. I got my NOA 1 3 days later for me and my son's NOA 1 came days later, then my NOA2 came 1 week later and so didi my son's 1 week after I recieved mine,be patient your daughter's own will arrive later , just be patient

I filed by myself my AOS and I 751, and never had any RFE or problems, my only RFE was for my son to send his Military Orders, as he joined the US Marines recently.

Write back and I might be able to help you out

Edited by MAMAGEE

Timeline

Sorry the message was unclear. This has been going on since June.

1. Sent one check $625 with package for Mom and stepdaughter.

1. Received one NOA (wife only for $625) and a one year expension. Received another NOA next day ( wife only again for $545). Nothing for stepdaughter.

1. The package was returned for incorrect fee and a mention that the stepdaughter could file separately.

2. Sent second package one check $465 and 2 checks $80 each. Added letter explaining that mom and daughter came together and have exactly the same expiration dates and sequential numbers on the green cards. Added fresh app with a copy of the first one with their markings.

2. The package was returned with a letter saying that the stepdaughter was not eligible to be inluded on wifes application.

3. Sent package again with 3 more checks and a letter explaining again that they came together. Added copies of the green cards together on every other page of the package. Included fresh app with copy of the first one for the markings.

4. Package returned because they wanted original signature on the first application ( there was a fresh original that they must have missed in the package)

5. Sent package again threw away first application. They couldn't handle it so I got rid of it.

5. Received NOA (wife only for $625).

They have never cashed any of the seven checks I sent them and still haven't.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

Filed: Timeline
Sorry the message was unclear. This has been going on since June.

1. Sent one check $625 with package for Mom and stepdaughter.

1. Received one NOA (wife only for $625) and a one year expension. Received another NOA next day ( wife only again for $545). Nothing for stepdaughter.

1. The package was returned for incorrect fee and a mention that the stepdaughter could file separately.

2. Sent second package one check $465 and 2 checks $80 each. Added letter explaining that mom and daughter came together and have exactly the same expiration dates and sequential numbers on the green cards. Added fresh app with a copy of the first one with their markings.

2. The package was returned with a letter saying that the stepdaughter was not eligible to be inluded on wifes application.

3. Sent package again with 3 more checks and a letter explaining again that they came together. Added copies of the green cards together on every other page of the package. Included fresh app with copy of the first one for the markings.

4. Package returned because they wanted original signature on the first application ( there was a fresh original that they must have missed in the package)

5. Sent package again threw away first application. They couldn't handle it so I got rid of it.

5. Received NOA (wife only for $625).

They have never cashed any of the seven checks I sent them and still haven't.

Hi, I am sorry for your delima, there are some things to look into here, first of all how old is your step daughter? secoundly, did they apply at the same time and did they arrive to the usa at the same time??, from what you have said, I think either she is over 21 or was over 21 when your wife started her adjustment process, if that is the case,then she has to file seperately.

Secondly, why did you send 7 checks to USCIS ? what i suggest you do is send in another check of $625 for your step daughter alone and lets see what will happen if they have already told you that she is not eligible to file with her mum, but before you do this, you have 2 solutions here,

1, CALL THE USCIS NUMBER AND EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM TO THEM AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY OR EVEN BETTER BOOK AN INFO PASS AND GO IN TO YOUR FIELD OFFICE WITH ALL THE DOCUMENTS,STATE ID,GREEN CARDS OF BOTH YOUR WIFE AND STEP DAUGHTER AND ALSO YOUR WIFE'SNOA, AND THEY WILL CERTAINLY SORT THIS OUT FOR YOU, AND THIS 2ND SOLUTION I THINK IS THE BEST, RIGHT THERE, YOU CANS ORT IT OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL.

I know how faustrating it is, i came in here with my son, married and filed AOS at the same time with him and now lifting conditions and included him in my i 751 petition, opnly rfe i got was for my son to submit his military orders, he joined the US Marines, and we already got NOA 1, NOA 2 and Biometrics all under less than 2 weeks of submission.

Also you do not need to waste your checks, use just 1 check page for both i 751 and Biometrics fee,totaling $625,.

Goodluck in your journey. hope you find a solution soon

Timeline

Step daughter was 17 when we filed the first ap.

She is 18 now. She is a single student and lives with us.

The girls came together, interivewed together and have the same expiration dates on their green cards. We sent the cards copied together on the same page, with the same expiration dates. We sent copies of the Welcome to America letter with the same date, and a lot of other papers to prove that they have the same expiration date.

The first check was $625 and got returned. We tore it up when it was returned.

The second time we filed we sent a check for the fee and individual checks for the bios.

The last time we filed the checks were getting old so we tore them up and sent new ones.

We never got much help over the phone in the past. Unless something has changed the people that answer are contractors that have no authority or access to information. They were there, nore or less to patronize people that had a problem.

Infopass is a small problem for us. Our office is 6 hours away. We all work and go to school. It would actually be more cost effective for us to file a second application for the step daughter than it would to go this route. The cost of a second fee would be less. We are waiting to see what happens with this one before we try that.

3 Dec Received NOA 1

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

18 May Packet 3 arrived

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

13 Sept 05 Married

27 Apr Received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.