honey143

interview experience oct. 28th and some new info

24 posts in this topic

I do not have interview date yet and not sure when will i have since I got the problem on my medical and still waiting..but this is something that would really alarm us..This is definitely another burden for the applicants....especially the k3 and CR1 cases...and to those who havnt have their interview yet becoz every now and then there are added documents that we need..I inquired at the NSO about it and the operator was not even familiar with the acronym CDLI..and i told her about Court Decree something..and she said mostly those people who have the legal issue on their documents are the ones who need that verification and you can directly ask about it in their office...Whatever, still this is another pain if happens..so u cannot request for it through ONLINE so you will really need to go in their office...Lets just hope that we will not encounter this in time of our interview especially those who do not have legal issues in their documents..but thanks to our co VJs who are definitely a big help to let us know about this so then we can prepare for it....LETS JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST..

'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Original Interview Date...................... .09/29/08

Medical @ St. Lukes.......................... 08/26-27/08

Sputum Test.................................... 09/01-03/08

AFB Culture Result............................. 10/31/08

Immunization................................ ... 11/03/08

Interview Date(Re-scheduled).......... .... 11/07/08(PINK SLIP..YAHOO!!!)

VISA Received.................................. 11/11/08(Thank U LORD!)

Flight Schedule................................. 11/21/08

Port of Entry.................................... Detroit,MI

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yep, they will just find something to really delay us. i have a friend who had his interview last Friday. They asked for the CENMAR since he doesn't have it. i told him what happened to us and adviced him to go ahead and get the CENMAR and death decree w/ CDLI. we have the CENMAR so they asked for the marriage index w/ CDLI and want something from NSO recent as after the interview. basically, they just want to delay. hopefully we'll get the papers Tuesday and hand deliver it to embassy same day. NSO supervisor stated 3x since my husband asked 3 different times that the CENMAR will always have the first marriage record despite annulment or death kaya nga u get a MC of previous marriage or death that says it's annuled. She didn't know why the consul ask for more because the CENMAR record can never be changed to the next wife or the next next wife. the first will always show. that's why u have the annument papers to back up that the CENMAR info is not valid anymore. but even w/ the annulment NSO copy, consul asked for another one w/ CDLI. go figure. where on the website does it require the marriage index let alone the CDLI. my lawyer, useless as she is, has never heard of it either. it's a lose lose w/ the consul really!

TIMELINE: K-3

9/21/07: I-130 received at Chicago

1/3/08: I-130 NOA 1

1/16/08: I-129 NOA1

9/15/08:approval of both I-130 and I-129F

10/4/08: received letter from USEM to schedule for interview

10/16-10/17/08: husband passed medical

10/28/08: i went to my husband's interview (pink slip) but more requirements needed from NSO a repeat of CENMAR and MC, marriage index w/ CDLI

11/4/08: husband hand delivered additional docs to USEM; waiting for consul to review it

11/14: consul reviewed docs

11/19: i received letter from Senator stating that husband's Visa approved.

11/20: visa released to delbros

11/24/08: visa in hand

11/26/08:husband flew to Georgia

working permit

12/1/08: sent via USPS to VSC

12/8/08: NOA 1

1/22/09: approved

1/28/09: received EAD card

AOS

7/13/09:AOS package sent via USPS

7/15/09: received at Chicago Lockbox

7/17/09: check for $1010 cashed

7/21/09: NOA 1 for AOS received

7/27/09: biometrics appt notice scheduled for 8/19/09 3pm, atlanta service center

8/19/09: husband's biometrics done

9/26/09: AOS interview approved: waiting for the 10 yr green card

10/7/09: green card received

2012: apply for citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview date is on Nov 17, and I have not paid for DV yet. They say it is always advisable to pay it 2 weeks before the interview so im looking on doing it within the week. This thread is really helpful thanks a lot for posting this honey134. so would that mean, that just to be on the safe side we need to pay DV and at the same time go to NSO and get CDLI just in case the CO asks for it? or do they need a DV dated after the interview. this people are being such a pain.

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am just curious honey143, can you describe your consul? how does she look?

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Timeline

it is very advisable to pay way in advance but it really depends on USEM and consul if they will do the DV before ur interview. i paid 1 month in advance but we were given a choice. after thinking about it, i guess it is a blessing in disguise because we were given a choice. we just decided to go ahead to NSO because that's what the CO told my husband. Despite of the CENMAR and MC etc, she still wanted him to get a copy from the NSO main stating on the white sheet---marriage index check w/ CDLI + MC. she told him that NSO will know what that means.

as far as to CO, i was not allowed to go inside w/ my husband so i cannot describe here. My husband said that is young but firm with his interview.

10/28/08: i went to my husband's interview (pink slip) but more requirements needed from NSO a repeat of CENMAR and MC, marriage index w/ CDLI

11/4/08: husband hand delivered additional docs to USEM; waiting for consul to review it

working permit

AOS

7/27/09: biometrics appt notice scheduled for 8/19/09 3pm, atlanta service center

What the m arriage index with CDLI mean?

Hi. This is what I found at the NSO directory website.

Court Decrees and Legal Instruments

(CDLI) Unit

2nd Floor, Vibal Building

Tel.: (02) 926-99-74 / 926-73-03

E-mail: A.Alido@census.gov.ph

I hope this can help you. Good luck.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I just wanted to post our interview experience. Let me start to say that we got the PINK SLIP, does that mean we are approved? but when we were at window 38, the lady said that the consul wanted more document verification----marriage index check w/ CDLI and marriage certificate. We provided the consul with a copy of the CENMAR, MC, etc but she wanted another one and wrote that on the paper to get and provide before the Visa will be released. we paid the DV sept. 26, a month before the interview. the lady at window 38 said that we can wait for the DV to be done which will be 4-6 weeks or we can go to NSO and get the verifcation ourselves and hand it in to USEM between 1-2pm M-Th. anyone w/ the same situation? it seems to me that the DV is useless if we are going to be the one to do the DV ourselves and pay extra when we have already provided the docs at interview. so after the interview today, we went to NSO and the lady said that the CENOMAR and MC will look the same but the barcode has something to do with CDLI verifcation code. so bakit wala to sa list of requirements ng embassy. this is really crazy. so at the beginning we could have gotten the MC and cENOMAR w/ CDLI code para deretcho na, diba? so we are stuck in DV right now, right? That must be the white slip the whole paper w/ the requirements needed? but since we got the pink slip, does it mean we are approved once they receive the docs that they asked for?

Hi,Honey....Im sorry to say this but i really need your help or information about filing I-130.This is my first ..im really confused what we gonna do.Can u tell us,step by steps.Do we need an agent to process this?

thanks alot :star:

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just wanted to post our interview experience. Let me start to say that we got the PINK SLIP, does that mean we are approved? but when we were at window 38, the lady said that the consul wanted more document verification----marriage index check w/ CDLI and marriage certificate. We provided the consul with a copy of the CENMAR, MC, etc but she wanted another one and wrote that on the paper to get and provide before the Visa will be released. we paid the DV sept. 26, a month before the interview. the lady at window 38 said that we can wait for the DV to be done which will be 4-6 weeks or we can go to NSO and get the verifcation ourselves and hand it in to USEM between 1-2pm M-Th. anyone w/ the same situation? it seems to me that the DV is useless if we are going to be the one to do the DV ourselves and pay extra when we have already provided the docs at interview. so after the interview today, we went to NSO and the lady said that the CENOMAR and MC will look the same but the barcode has something to do with CDLI verifcation code. so bakit wala to sa list of requirements ng embassy. this is really crazy. so at the beginning we could have gotten the MC and cENOMAR w/ CDLI code para deretcho na, diba? so we are stuck in DV right now, right? That must be the white slip the whole paper w/ the requirements needed? but since we got the pink slip, does it mean we are approved once they receive the docs that they asked for?

cdli, di ba un ung may corrections? in my case, there was also an error in my BC, but the consul specified nmn what would be included in the DV.. how about u?

destiny belongs to those who believe in their dreams and have the courage to really pursue it!

dont stop when you're tired, stop when you are done!

Timeline

yes, CDLI is if u have any corrections or changes in ur status w/ ur documents such as annulment, death, name change etc.....the consul wrote specifics on what forms she wanted from my husband. i guess it really depends on the consul on what he/she wants. i just think they should say this on the instructions if thats what they want. they should specify that if u have anullment, death, etc to have it w/ CDLI

working permit

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.