thefish

Part 3, Question 9 Resided at any other address...

6 posts in this topic

How should I answer Part 3 Question #9 "Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent resident?"

My permanent address which we have used thought this process has been my parents home. However, since becoming a permanent resident my wife has lived with me at my university apartment which is a temporary address just for graduate school. My permanent address is my parents house (and this is what I use for all important things). Should we say yes to question 9? If so do we just attach a paper stating that she has lived at my college apartment with me but that it is just a temporary address?

Edited by thefish

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You answer "NO".

College dorm is only a temporary address, your DOMISILE has remained your parent's home.

If you answer yes, they will want to know why you did not file an AR-11 for new "PERMANENT" address, as well as I-865 for US Citizen sponsor's change of address.

Time to update profile and timeline they lack Adjustment of Status.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=18258

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You answer "NO".

College dorm is only a temporary address, your DOMISILE has remained your parent's home.

If you answer yes, they will want to know why you did not file an AR-11 for new "PERMANENT" address, as well as I-865 for US Citizen sponsor's change of address.

Time to update profile and timeline they lack Adjustment of Status.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=18258

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

I have always kept my parents address as my "permanent address," our bank statements have my parents address on it, and my university lists my parents address as my permanent address but... I just realized that last year we filed our joint taxes using this address so of course my IRS transcripts show my college apartment address on them. Not to mention the lease agreements we were planning on putting in the package are for the college apartment. Even given this should we still say no?? Should I include anything about this being just my temporary college address or just wait and see if they question it?

Also this university apartment is a true university apartment with only students (and their spouses) being allowed to stay here while they are an active student.

Well I just noticed that even the university apartment lease agreements states that my parents address is my "permanent address," I vote there, and it is on my drivers id so I think that is sufficient. I will just leave it as it is and send it off today. Wish us luck everyone.

P.S.

How do you update the timeline? I added some stuff for AOS but when I click on my timeline link on the left I still see only the K2 stuff...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have a mailing address and the address we reside at. There is space on the form for both.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.