AVISA

Police Report...INDIA

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

Can some one please tell me how long it takes to make a police report and get it in mail.

First one is the Police Passport Report? How long? Can it be picked up or its just mailed?

Second, Local Police report? How long? Can it be picked up or mailed ONLY?

Also, what documents do they ask for in order to get a police report. Please help us.

Please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hello All,

Can some one please tell me how long it takes to make a police report and get it in mail.

First one is the Police Passport Report? How long? Can it be picked up or its just mailed?

Also, what documents do they ask for in order to get a police report. Please help us.

Please help

PPC can be obtained from the regional passport office and that may take just one day.

PC from the local police can be obtained from the local SP office or district police office and that might take a while depending upon what part of the country you are in.

You can show a copy of NOA2.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Timeline
Hello All,

Please help

PPC can be obtained from the regional passport office and that may take just one day.

PC from the local police can be obtained from the local SP office or district police office and that might take a while depending upon what part of the country you are in.

You can show a copy of NOA2.

Good question and a good answer.

Timeline

Hello,

Passport office does not take long.

The local police departments can drag their feet. Have to be on them. Also if you are going throught the K3 visa process, make sure you get them to make 2 ceritified copies of the report. That way if your CR1/IR1 comes through on or soon after the K3 you are ready. Both the NVC for CR1 and the US Embassy K-3 expect one. It just gives you more options, because I am hearing that if your CR1 paperwork is on the way to the embassy at the time of your K3 visa, they might give you the CR1 interview in place of your K3.

I am learning all this at the last minute. Police report is now on the way to the NVC and K3 interview is in approximately one month and we only had on cert. police report.

Good luck.

Timeline
WaitingforRakesh - Did you submit a certified copy to NVC for CR1 or was able to get more than 1 original for PCC from commissioner's office? Thanks.

It was just the certified orginal copy to NVC. The local police in his district do not want to give more than one out. They are really giving him a hard time. They are even giving him a hard time for sending it out of country to the NVC! This is at the police station, I don't know nothing about the commissioner's office. Oh Course, I am not there in India, just my husband.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you for the information. We were also given hard time when we requested more than 1. As long as certified is accepted fine, its all good :) By commissioner's office, I meant the district office.

WaitingforRakesh - Did you submit a certified copy to NVC for CR1 or was able to get more than 1 original for PCC from commissioner's office? Thanks.

It was just the certified orginal copy to NVC. The local police in his district do not want to give more than one out. They are really giving him a hard time. They are even giving him a hard time for sending it out of country to the NVC! This is at the police station, I don't know nothing about the commissioner's office. Oh Course, I am not there in India, just my husband.

Timeline
Thank you for the information. We were also given hard time when we requested more than 1. As long as certified is accepted fine, its all good :) By commissioner's office, I meant the district office.

I dont know where your beneficiary lives but in my case it's south bombay and the passport police certificate took 45 days... its ridiculous how the process takes so long.

Passport Police Cert Process in Mumbai: Passport Office --> CID (Commissioner office) --> Local Police Station --> CID Office --> Passport Office (they issue you a little document). Most time in our case took at local police station... it was ridiculous.

Vermont Service Center I-130 Track: 101 Days

• I-130 Sent : 2008-04-19
  • I-130 NOA1: 2008-04-29
  • I-130 Approved: 2008-07-29 :)

NVC CR-1 Visa Track: 54 days

• 2008-08-01: Case received at NVC
  • 2008-08-02: DS3032 Emailed
  • 2008-08-05: Obtained IIN (after 2 tries)
  • 2008-08-07: AOS Fee Bill Paid Online
  • 2008-08-08: I-864 package mailed usps express
  • 2008-08-12: DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) received and entered into system
  • 2008-08-13: IV Fee Bill generated / IV Fee Bill paid online
  • 2008-08-14: IV Fee Bill Shows Paid
  • 2008-09-03: DS-230 (w/o PCC) package mailed usps express
  • 2008-09-05: DS-230 package entered into system and under review
  • 2008-09-15: DS230 RFE generated for PCC
  • 2008-09-18: NVC Received missing PCC.
  • 2008-09-24: CASE COMPLETE
  • 2008-10-03: Interview Date Assigned for Nov 19th
  • 2008-10-07: NVC Left - Welcome to Mumbai.

Mumbai Consulate Track

• 2008-10-10: Embassy Received
  • 2008-11-05: Medical Appt.
  • 2008-11-19: Interview

• 2008-11-27: A very Happy Thanksgiving.. POE Washington DC :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Guys:

I applied for a K1 visa and probably have a couple more months to go before I get my NOA2. I keep reading about the PCC. My fiancee is in Kolkata. Reading it can take upto 45 days in some cases. A little confused. Where do I need to get my PCC from ? Do I need one from the Regional Passport office and one from the local police station ?

When should I get started on that. I am making a trip to India in December. Anything I should take from here that she will need for the consulate interview ? I-134/taxes etc ? I am hoping for my NOA2 by end of this year.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. thx

Timeline for K1 visa

9/11/2008 – mailed I-129F

9/12/2008 – Received at VSC/NOA 1 sent (mail stamp-9/16)

9/15/2008 – check cashed

9/19/2008 –Received NOA1

12/28/2008 – Received NOA2 Approval email from CRIS

01/06/2009 – Left NVC for Mumbai Consulate

01/07/2009 – Received NVC confirmation letter in the mail

01/08/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file electronically and sent packet 3 (info from DOS)

01/10/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file (hard copy) from NVC (DHL tracking)

01/19/2009 – Overnighted packet 3 (still did not receive receive pkt 3 from Mumbai)

01/20/2009 – Packet 3 arrives at Mumbai Consulate

01/23/2009 – called DOS and was informed that packet 4 has been sent and interview date set.

01/24/2009 – Received hard copy of packet 3 (postmark Jan 20). Too late. Already sent packet 3 on Jan 19.

02/02/09 – Received Packet 4

02/04/09 – Submitted documents at the VFS Kolkata Office

02/06/09 - Medicals completed

03/02/2009 – BIG DAY, i.e., Interview Date

03/03/2009 - Visa received in mail

04/09/2009 - POE

AOS

04/17/2009 - CIVIL

6/16/2009 - Mailed AOS package

6/19/2009 - NOA1

7/08/2009 - AOS transferred to CSC

7/17/2009 - Biometrics appointment, EAD case Touched

8/05/2009 - EAD card production ordered, AP approved !!!!

ROC

08/27/2011 - Mailed ROC packageCIVIL

08/29/2011 - NOA1

09/19/2011 - Early Bio (scheduled date 10/03/2011)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have a similar question. To obtain a police clearance certificate from the passport office (Ahmedabad, India), what are the supporting documents needed?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- nss

PS: My wife has already applied for PCC from local police station which is expected any time now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have posted a couple of questions about PCC some place else. Please help me out. I am looking for some information for my fiancee who is renting in Mumbai...I need to understand what she needs to do to get PCC. Her family lives in a different town. Does she need to get an affidavit that states that she is renting and she has no dues etc...has anyone done this before and if so what are the wordings for the affidavit. Can someone help?

9/19/2008 - Mailed I-129F by USPS Priority

9/22 - Mail reached USCIS - CSC

9/23 - Check Cashed

9/23 - NOA1 Notice Date (now wait and pray that NOA2 should come soon!!)

9/27 - NOA1 received by mail

9/29 - Touched (probably to correct typos)

9/30 - Touched

1/14/2009 - NOA2 approved

1/20 - NOA2 hard copy received

1/22 - NVC received petition

1/26 - NVC sent petition to Embassy

1/29 - Received NVC Hard copy

1/30 - Embassy received petition

2/3 - Received P3 from Embassy

2/3 - P3 sent by Courier from India

2/10 - Confirmed that P3 is in embassy's system (called embassy, DOS)

2/23 - Called DOS - Got interview date verbally

3/9 - Medicals Completed

3/31 - Interview Successful

4/3 - Received Visa

4/20 - Arrival

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.