LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

do we have to attend CRBA interview

7 posts in this topic

hi everyone. as you all know about our past experiences mario (us citizen husband) had overstayed in the philippines for 3 years and i paid $2000 penalty alone plus his tickets going back here for $850 dollars. --now are still establishing ..and last april 2008 my daughter was denied of her us citizenship because of domicile issues of his father ..

1) i wonder if we need to attend the crba interview together (money issues) or

2) can i request my mother to attend the interview for sophia (just in case were lucky to get all paperworks before NOVEMBER)..

3) can someone help me make a letter of consent?

4) what are the possibilities if were not present during the interview?

5) how much is rough estimate of DNA TESTING?

6) What are other source of proof of domicile ( mario is a student --we already went to school no records washed during hurricane ; previous state and drivers license STOLEN IN MANILA, and after we got the duplicate id it has a different registered year not year 2004 but instead the year it was renewed ),

no tax and no work since he was a student that time), heres the copy of the white slip we got last april.

sophia.jpg

hi everyone. as you all know about our past experiences mario (us citizen husband) had overstayed in the philippines for 3 years and i paid $2000 penalty alone plus his tickets going back here for $850 dollars. --now are still establishing ..and last april 2008 my daughter was denied of her us citizenship because of domicile issues of his father ..

it's alright if you don't attend the CRBA appointment (or your husband). just make sure your mom has a signed affidavit of legal costudy of the child plus your hubby has to sign the consent form in the CRBA packet indicating his consent to pass on his US citizenship to your daughter and have it notarized.

2) can i request my mother to attend the interview for sophia (just in case were lucky to get all paperworks before NOVEMBER)..

of course you can, just make sure she has the documents i mentioned above. hmm, a letter from you guys may be helpful too. a letter indicating why both of you can't attend the CRBA appointment.

which consent are you referring to? letter of consent to pass on US citizenship is with the CRBA packet already.

if all papers are complete, your daughter is likely to pass. was she really denied last time? coz as i have learned from other CRBA applicants, that once they deny the child of US citizenship they usually advise the parents to file an I-130 petition for him/her instead.

this i'm not pretty sure of but the amount plays between 650 USD-800 USD roughly. last june (during our CRBA appointment @ USEM), one applicant was asked for DNA @ st. luke's and the mother said the price as per told by the CO was around 35,000 Php.

6) What are other source of proof of domicile ( mario is a student --we already went to school no records washed during hurricane ; previous state and drivers license STOLEN IN MANILA, and after we got the duplicate id it has a different registered year not year 2004 but instead the year it was renewed ),

how about his OLD passports? the one he used prior to coming in PI before the child's birth? was he born USC or naturalized..

no tax and no work since he was a student that time), heres the copy of the white slip we got last april.

sophia.jpg

it's alright if you don't attend the CRBA appointment (or your husband). just make sure your mom has a signed affidavit of legal costudy of the child plus your hubby has to sign the consent form in the CRBA packet indicating his consent to pass on his US citizenship to your daughter and have it notarized.

of course you can, just make sure she has the documents i mentioned above. hmm, a letter from you guys may be helpful too. a letter indicating why both of you can't attend the CRBA appointment.

which consent are you referring to? letter of consent to pass on US citizenship is with the CRBA packet already.

if all papers are complete, your daughter is likely to pass. was she really denied last time? coz as i have learned from other CRBA applicants, that once they deny the child of US citizenship they usually advise the parents to file an I-130 petition for him/her instead.

this i'm not pretty sure of but the amount plays between 650 USD-800 USD roughly. last june (during our CRBA appointment @ USEM), one applicant was asked for DNA @ st. luke's and the mother said the price as per told by the CO was around 35,000 Php.

how about his OLD passports? the one he used prior to coming in PI before the child's birth? was he born USC or naturalized..

sophia.jpg

thanks for the detailed response, i was thinking if its better that mario goes back ( us citizen) because i heard that if parent or parents are not around they might request for dna testing will cost more to us..he only had his new passport --newly issued by us embassy of manila after being stolen. any ideas of proof of domicile.

sophia.jpg

If parents attend the interview CO may shin on DNA testing if the child looks like the father. Especially if pops is puti!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

hi, we were also given that paper, and they were asking for physical presence in the same location during my baby's conception ... the consul told us to get hubbys arrival record from the bureau of immigration.. he lost his old passport too..

after getting his records from BI we submitted it after a week through a courier..

according to ACS we have 90 days to submit additional docs otherwise we will have to do it again..

in your case i think you can do it again with the help of your mum. i dont think they will ask u for DNA, because they would have requested that before...

just comply what they were asking you,, prepare his domicile records ...

i hope sophia can get her US passport done so u guys can be together.. :thumbs:

hi, we were also given that paper, and they were asking for physical presence in the same location during my baby's conception ... the consul told us to get hubbys arrival record from the bureau of immigration.. he lost his old passport too..

after getting his records from BI we submitted it after a week through a courier..

according to ACS we have 90 days to submit additional docs otherwise we will have to do it again..

in your case i think you can do it again with the help of your mum. i dont think they will ask u for DNA, because they would have requested that before...

hi sis.. is it really true that its only 90 days to submit all additional docs? coz im still waiting for my husband's add'l docs and we had my baby's interview lst sept.5 and the CO told me that her CRBA and passport are okay and i can pass the add'l docs anytime but did not tell me how many weeks allowed..

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

hi sis.. is it really true that its only 90 days to submit all additional docs? coz im still waiting for my husband's add'l docs and we had my baby's interview lst sept.5 and the CO told me that her CRBA and passport are okay and i can pass the add'l docs anytime but did not tell me how many weeks allowed..

yes sis! there was a letter along with that paper above that was given to us which was address to my hubby...

hay sayang wala na dito yong paper sis naipadala ko pala kasama ng arrival records nya.. basta yon ang pagka alala ko na 90 days lang...

please call ACS to confirm about this..

di ba kayo binigyan ng letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.