DARUMA07

Checked Baggage Fee's

12 posts in this topic

My wife Ruchie is flying home to the Philippines tomorrow morning because her Mother is very sick with Pancreatic Cancer. I do know that there there are no Baggage Fees for the first 2 pieces of luggage on the International flight. My question is; On the domestic leg of her flight, will she be charged any Baggage fees here in the US? The same question for her return flight..... She will be flying Northwest Airlines to and from and flying from Kansas City to Detroit and then on to Nagoya, Japan and then Manila. I would appreciate any advice given...

Danny

I have checked that out and it doesn't make it clear to me about the domestic portion of her International flight... Thanks for the link..

There is no "domestic portion of an international flight".

A flight is either domestic or it is international.

Okay! Thanks for the info AJ... Appreciate it!

Timeline

He was probably thinking a local part of the itinerary. Took me a while to find my boss as he was flying in from Sao Paulo, but he told me he was coming from Chicago. It was actually Sao Paulo => Chicago => SFO. Found him in the international flights area. Confusing as hell.

Hi, i travel to Phil.by NWA,and there are a 2 check in baggages that she can bring aside from her hand carry,per luggage,it should weigh not more than 23kg each.

aside from that,the 2 luggages will be picked up to the final destination(Philippines ) not in Japan because it's just her connecting flight going to the Phil.

Edited by livelife

My wife Ruchie is flying home to the Philippines tomorrow morning because her Mother is very sick with Pancreatic Cancer. I do know that there there are no Baggage Fees for the first 2 pieces of luggage on the International flight. My question is; On the domestic leg of her flight, will she be charged any Baggage fees here in the US? The same question for her return flight..... She will be flying Northwest Airlines to and from and flying from Kansas City to Detroit and then on to Nagoya, Japan and then Manila. I would appreciate any advice given...

Danny

Hi Danny :). I just recently flew NWA last Oct. 11 in going here in the Philippines for the same reason like Ruchie(my mother is also ill). My route was Wichita-Minneapolis-Narita-Manila.I had a purse and small bag for carry on.I checked in 2 luggages though each weighed only about 20lbs.I wasn't charged on any baggage fees on my domestic route from Wichita to Minneapolis.In fact, it was a check through luggages so I only worried about picking up my checked in luggages when I arrived in Manila.A safe trip to Ruchie and a speedy recovery for her mother.

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally, if you check your bags all the way through your final destination, you gain access to the international baggage rules. This can allow you to avoid extra bag fees as well as weight limitations (75 lbs for international vs 50 for domestic, much of the time). However, if you have a stop over and take your bags at some point (i.e. you don't check all the way through), then you're screwed.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.