pablo007

i485 RFE, I'm going nuts!

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

I'm wondering am I panicking too early!. Our attorney sent off our i485 RFE docs on 10/06/06 and still our case

processing resumed has not shown online. A few of you have told me this was only taking a matter of days.

Im just curious to know, are the nice people at the USCIS sitting on their hands again?.

Hi Guys!

I'm wondering am I panicking too early!. Our attorney sent off our i485 RFE docs on 10/06/06 and still our case

processing resumed has not shown online. A few of you have told me this was only taking a matter of days.

Im just curious to know, are the nice people at the USCIS sitting on their hands again?.

Apologies about the date, that should have been 10/06/08

Hi Guys!

Pablo, I am on the same timeline as you. I sent my RFE on Monday, 10/6, and I checked USPS many times and verified that it was delivered almost 5 days later, and then I waited another 5 days for it to show up online. So, I think yours should show up online early next week. Did you check to make sure it was delivered (did you mail it priority or certified)?

AOS Timeline:

• Date Filed : 2008-08-28
  • NOA Date : 2008-09-03
  • RFE: 2008-09-19
  • Biometrics Appt. : 2008-09-23
  • RFE Mailed: 2008-10-06
  • RFE Delivered: 2008-10-10
  • Case Processing Resumed: 2008-10-16
  • I-485 TOUCHES: 2008-10-17, 2008-10-20, 2008-10-21
  • EAD Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Received: 2008-11-12
  • EAD Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview Letter Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview: 2009-01-12 - APPROVED!

Hi Guys!

Pablo, I am on the same timeline as you. I sent my RFE on Monday, 10/6, and I checked USPS many times and verified that it was delivered almost 5 days later, and then I waited another 5 days for it to show up online. So, I think yours should show up online early next week. Did you check to make sure it was delivered (did you mail it priority or certified)?

Hello, Im really not sure the date it was recieved. Our attorney is doing the work (supposedly!) but, I hope you're right about next week!

Hi Guys!

Hello, Im really not sure the date it was recieved. Our attorney is doing the work (supposedly!) but, I hope you're right about next week!

Actually, I am also working with an attorney, but I wanted to make sure I KNOW when he mailed it, so I made him send me the tracking number, so I can track online on my own. If you can't stand the wait, ask your lawyer to provide you with the mail tracking info, so you can check it yourself. It still takes between 5-6 business days after it's delivered for it to show up in the Case Status Online system... I don't think you have anything to worry about. But do ask your lawyer for the tracking info, so you can sleep better at night. I know the feeling!! :star: :star:

AOS Timeline:

Hi Guys!

Actually, I am also working with an attorney, but I wanted to make sure I KNOW when he mailed it, so I made him send me the tracking number, so I can track online on my own. If you can't stand the wait, ask your lawyer to provide you with the mail tracking info, so you can check it yourself. It still takes between 5-6 business days after it's delivered for it to show up in the Case Status Online system... I don't think you have anything to worry about. But do ask your lawyer for the tracking info, so you can sleep better at night. I know the feeling!! :star: :star:

Thanks Link,

I most certaintly will do that, GOOD idea! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi Guys!

Thanks Link,

yeah...check with your lawyer, ask him when exactly he sent it out and get the tracking number....sometimes lawyers are forgetful when it comes to these kinda matter ( i mean...you are a small fish to him, he's not really taking care of your stuff personally, usually, the secretary does all the leg work)....i hate lawyers cos i had a really bad experience with mine when i did mine K-3 application. i wasted almost one year just waiting for him to send the petition out.....you know what...he never did...he claimed he didn't know.cos his secratary didn't do her job. and she lied to me twice in my face.....i had to threathen to sue to get my case materials back and ended up doing everything by myself and it took me only 6 months to get my wife here and i am almost getting to the end of her AOS now. i wish i had found this wedsite a lot earlier before. this forum is awsome...people are so helpful here....so good luck and if you think your lawyer is not doing his job...you got to do your own in the best way....

IR-5 for parents

04-16-2012 sent I-130

08-31-2012 I-130 approved and sent to NVC

NVC

09-21-2012 case # assigned by email

09-25-2012 emailed choice of Agent Aos bill paid

10/04/2012 confirmation emailed received about choice of agent IV billed paid

10/04/2012 optin eprocessing emailed sent

10/10/12 optin email confirmed received

taking a break collecting info

11/01/2012 emailed AOS and IV package

11/20/2012 Checklist emailed received..forget guz p3 supplement form and signature on the AoS form

11/21/2012 checklist response emailed sent

12/05/12 case completed......finally ( Could haven't save 2 month of time if everything was ready be fore case# was assigned)

02/04/13 docs intake at guz. 02/05/13 interview passed. 3 simple questions asked

02/08/13 visas arrived at home ( that was fast. 3 days through ems. Right before Chinese new year )

02/16/13. Coming to u.s.a!!!!!! Yeah.

Hi Guys!

Thanks Link,

yeah...check with your lawyer, ask him when exactly he sent it out and get the tracking number....sometimes lawyers are forgetful when it comes to these kinda matter ( i mean...you are a small fish to him, he's not really taking care of your stuff personally, usually, the secretary does all the leg work)....i hate lawyers cos i had a really bad experience with mine when i did mine K-3 application. i wasted almost one year just waiting for him to send the petition out.....you know what...he never did...he claimed he didn't know.cos his secratary didn't do her job. and she lied to me twice in my face.....i had to threathen to sue to get my case materials back and ended up doing everything by myself and it took me only 6 months to get my wife here and i am almost getting to the end of her AOS now. i wish i had found this wedsite a lot earlier before. this forum is awsome...people are so helpful here....so good luck and if you think your lawyer is not doing his job...you got to do your own in the best way....

Yes, I am not very impressed with my lawyer either. His "assistant"/clerk/secretary has had no formal education in the field of immigration law, and I had to stay on them all the time just to get things rolling. SO YES, you gotta be proactive...

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.