JLN7124

I864 and I134... Confused!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I posted a similair question in another forum but maybe some of you here can help me. I am using a cosponsor to bring my Fiancee over on a K1, but am unsure which forms to send him to the interview with. Do I need to fill out the I864 and the I134? Should I submit these forms from myself and my cosponsor, or just my cosponsor? Any information would be helpful! Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

For the K-1 you first need to check-out which form the consulate is wanting you to use in London. Some consulates are still requesting the I-864, while others have changed to the I-134.

You need to fill out these forms as well as your sponsor.

I'm not sure how it works in London, but I'm thinking you and your sponsor will need to provide copies of the last 3 years of tax returns, a letter from you and your co-sponsor's employer stating the length of time he/she has worked there and their present salary, and a copy of the passport or birth certificate of you both.

If you don't have some of these items it's o.k., but it's imperative that your co-sponsor does.

If you want to be on the safe side, shoot the consulate an e-mail and they'll let you know for sure.

Good Luck,

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Timeline

Hi again ...London does not require the I-864 for the K1 but does require the I-134, I am on a K1 and although I did not require a co-sponsor my fiance did fill in the I-134, all they asked for at the interview based on my experience only and Jon did attend the interview with me was I copy of a recent pay stub, my birth certificate and the police certificate. Now you need your co-sponsor to fill in the I-134 and YOU also to fill in the I-134. Provide as much information as possible, when we tried to give the CO the tax returns we had he said he did not need them, BUT, as you have a co-sponsor I would suggest that you provide a set from your co-sponsor, as well as the letter of Employments and a bank statement.

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Timeline

Thanks so much for the replies. From what I can gather on the boards, the London consulate doesn't seem to be overly concerned with the 134, so hopefully once I submit the appropriate paperwork from myself and my cosponsor, it won't be an issue.

andy,

Name a consulate requesting I-864 for a K visa. I've only seen 1 consulate documented on VJ as being willing to accept an I-864 for a K visa, and the people who provided the documentation used I-134 - not I-864.

I-134 has always been the affidavit of support to use when an affidavit is desired for non-immigrant visas, and for immigrant visas as well before the I-864 was created, and the FAM specifically states that I-864 is not to be used for K visas.

Yodrak

... Some consulates are still requesting the I-864, while others have changed to the I-134.

andy

London uses the I-134 and YES both YOU & your Joint sponsor are required to fill out & provide the evidence for the I-134............... :thumbs:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

As far as the tax forms go, they only ask for them (as per the instructions on the I-134) if you are self employed. If you/your co-sponsor are just a regular company worker then you should each supply a letter from your employer and also the bank letter (the description of what they should say is on the I-134). Those are the only required things, paystubs aren't but some people include them, and tax returns aren't. Just letting you know to hopefully alleviate some stress about what to get! I'm putting mine together right now, about to send it off to my fiance, so I know being sure you have all of your support stuff together is worrisome!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline

Right now we are debating wether or not to have him attempt to self sponsor or just use a cosponsor, which will be needed anyway for the 864. I have received the Noa2, so is it a good idea for him to start collecting his birth cert, police report, etc? Is there anything else that he can gather now that is needed for Packet 3? Also, should I send the 134 now or when he gets Packet3 or the interview date? Thanks again for all the good info.

Yes ask him to collect information concerning his police certifcate as that can take upto 40 days to recieve so best get that one sorted, as for the birth certificate that should be sorted as well, if you have the I-134 filled in and ready then yes send that to him now, making sure that if you are using a co-sponsor then to have that one filled in as well.

Janice

Edited by arwensun1965

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.