Lisaandtim

Medical condition

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Okay so I was just told I have some kind of gall bladder disease with possible pancreatitis(doctors are still figuring it out) and I am schedueled for an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow. I filed for a I-129F and I am wondering if this would qualify for a medical condition expedite? I have to take care of my mother also who has stage 4 lung cancer and it is just me and her here. I'm not sure how I am going to take care of her now if I am to be laid up. I can barely get out of bed now to type this >.<. I wanted to ask here first before getting rude ppl and hung up on from uscis 800 number. Or if anyone has any other advice it wuld be great. Thanks.

~Our Story Time Line~

How We First Met: World of Warcraft, an online game ~ 2004

What: Talked online for years, became best friends, then it blossomed into more. :D

First Time Face-to-Face: June 30, 2008

Sent I-129F: Sept 26, 2008

NOA1: Sept. 29, 2008

NOA1 Hardcopy: Oct. 3rd, 2008

Touched: October 2, 2008

Requested Expedite: October 20, 2008

Touched: October 21, 2008

Holiday in US: December 17, 2008

Touched: January 9, 2009

NOA2 online: January 9, 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOA2 Hardcopy: January 15, 2009

NVC Receives Paperwork: January 20, 2009

NVC Letter Saying They Will Forward to Consulate: January 23, 2009

Back to NZ =( : January 30, 2009

Packet 3 Received: February 1, 2009

Sent Packet 3 : February 2, 2009

Consulate Receives Packet 3: February 3, 2009

Medical: February 4, 2009

Checklist Sent: February 4, 2009

Interview Appointment: February 12, 2009, 8:45am

Visa Approved!!! : February 12, 2009

Picked Up Visa: February 19, 2009, WOHOO!!!

POE San Francisco: February 22, 2009

Wedding: February 27, 2009

Honeymoon: February 27 - March 6 in beautiful Santa Cruz!

AOS Paperwork Received: April 6, 2009

Biometrics Appointment: May 1, 2009

Card Production Ordered for I-765: May 28, 2009

Work Authorization Card Received: June, 2009

I-485 Appointment: July 8, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, was a relief to have it done.

i was home the same day and recovery was real quick, just discomfort next day, i have children and i was able to care for them.

dont know anything bout the other thing u mentioned but with that being a maybe right now then probably not.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Good luck with everything

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Okay so I was just told I have some kind of gall bladder disease with possible pancreatitis(doctors are still figuring it out) and I am schedueled for an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow. I filed for a I-129F and I am wondering if this would qualify for a medical condition expedite? I have to take care of my mother also who has stage 4 lung cancer and it is just me and her here. I'm not sure how I am going to take care of her now if I am to be laid up. I can barely get out of bed now to type this >.<. I wanted to ask here first before getting rude ppl and hung up on from uscis 800 number. Or if anyone has any other advice it wuld be great. Thanks.

When I had my gall bladder removed, I was laid up for about a week. I had a 2 year old I had to care for and I managed fine. Unless you have major complications, I very much doubt they're going to help you out. Seriously, it sucks to be away from your loved one and we all want our cases expedited, but chances are it's not going to happen. Focus on getting better and helping your mom through her struggles as best as you can, and be patient with the application process. Quelch your id.

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.