Completely

Buhay sa Amerika

26 posts in this topic

sad but true...

This applies to all migrants to the US. One thing for sure, unless you have a job waiting for you, that you should accept the fact that you are starting from scratch. Also accept that moving to the US will entail a different lifestyle even if you are gainfully employed. If you are used to maids and other household servants, forget it of you decide to stay in the US unless you're filthy rich. That's why well-to-do Filipinos in the US prefer to go home. They have a better life in the Philippines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
sad but true...

IDALANGIN NATIN SA MAY KAPAL...WALANG IMPOSIBLE SA KANYA.... AND HE WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT US NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED...EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT.GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!( bahalag saging basta labing) :thumbs:

sad but true...

IDALANGIN NATIN SA MAY KAPAL...WALANG IMPOSIBLE SA KANYA.... AND HE WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT US NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED...EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT.GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!( bahalag saging basta labing) :thumbs:

sad but true...

This applies to all migrants to the US. One thing for sure, unless you have a job waiting for you, that you should accept the fact that you are starting from scratch. Also accept that moving to the US will entail a different lifestyle even if you are gainfully employed. If you are used to maids and other household servants, forget it of you decide to stay in the US unless you're filthy rich. That's why well-to-do Filipinos in the US prefer to go home. They have a better life in the Philippines.

I AGREE FOR THAT :thumbs:

maryajinusa134-1.gif

Hmmmm..... nah. Not entirely true.

This story is true.. I heard a lot of story in the Filipino community in Texas..

Once you came to the US you will realize that not all the cities/town there, can provide a lot of jobs or even a better jobs.

Most american right now are working overseas because of what is going on in the economy right now..

If you are in the right field, nurse or any communication field, yes probably this story will not be entirely true for you.

Bullseye!.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is one of those many horror stories. I believe that hardship is everywhere. Life itself is hard. By the sweat of thy brow thou shall eat bread. One must take a lot of faith and be well informed on the side to be prepared for any uncertainties that come along the way which are many and raging and not stopping in all aspects of life. But God says, seek and ye shall find. This is a long tested principle and its true and it clearly and resoundingly echoes that there is a solution. The solution could be time, unity, patience, solid or righteous leadership, or just being flexible or adjustment of ones lifestyle or just being humble.

It seems that what happens to America affects the rest of the world. America is our neighbor and we hope for the remedial of the country's current financial crisis. Time is an ally in solving problems. I know that election is coming up. Please send my regards to your next President. He is up for a great challenge :)

Edited by HoneySkin

Filed: Timeline

Yes, it's true...sadly.

I find life here very difficult...im going through a lot of adjustments. It's not easy

starting over...in everything...job...having to gain experience, having to build

a credit history (that is if one can find a credit card that will approve you), saving

for a car, the weather, having to make friends, learning one's way around and

reading the map...

It's difficult.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

All I can add to this is that all it takes is time adjusting. Putting a positive spin to it, its really an adventure. It wont always go smoothly but that's how you gain appreciation for the times that things fall into their perfect places.

Look at the bright side of things. For example;

I thought adjusting to the California weather was a little difficult, think how much more in Seattle? Rainy and cloudy and cold! ...but that would be a great excuse for me to cuddle with my husband trying to keep warm.

You can look at the adjustment as your cost for being with the man/woman you love...,

... and in my opinion, its absolutely worth it. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, it's true...sadly.

I find life here very difficult...im going through a lot of adjustments. It's not easy

starting over...in everything...job...having to gain experience, having to build

a credit history (that is if one can find a credit card that will approve you), saving

for a car, the weather, having to make friends, learning one's way around and

reading the map...

It's difficult.

yup sad but true but everybody needs to adjust it just takes time. try applying for capital one credit card if you do not have a credit history they will still approve you but starting with a $300 credit limit and will increase every after 3 months as long as you pay on time. When you have a credit card then other credit card companies will start sending you letters and will give you a new credit card. try getting a car from ebay and you can purchase one for as low as $2000 and i got my ford focus 2001 hatchback for only $3000. i know adjusting with the weather is really difficult like driving during snow is tough. get a cheap gps it is very helpful you can easily find your way around or if it is not in your budget and you know the address from point A to B try printing the directions from map quest online.

i have experienced life in america coz i lived there for 19 months it is really different from the philippines. if only i can live here in manila with my soon to be husband but of course if he transfers here in manila it would be more difficult for him. I love my life in the philippines not doing any household chores and living like a princess because of the house maids unlike in america you do everything on your own laundry, dishes, cleaning the house and bathroom, but living with the person you love and doing everything for him makes me happy and loving it at the same time. :luv:

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

• 4 months later...
@Pepe n Pilar

It'll take a while to translate it word for word but to sum it all up its an article about life in the US. How it's more hyped up (for some) than it really is.

Most Filipino's who are now residing in the US usually provide for their families here and some of them find it difficult to find a job that pays well enough even though they have a college degree because most employers look for people who are experienced.

There was also mention of Grandparents coming over to the US to be with their sons/daughters only to end up taking care of their grandkids because the Moms and Dads are too busy with work, the expression Filipino tago, Filipino turo was also mentioned. Its basically the flip side of the American dream.

Thanks for the synopsis, bud. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Your demand Granted:)mang Pepe:P

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

TAMA LAHAT ANG REPLIES NAKAKALUNGKOT NGA ... BUTI NA LANG PAREHONG PINOY KAMI, US CITIZEN NA NGA LANG SI MISIS. PERO PAGDATING SA PAGKAIN, KAHIT SARDINAS LANG NA MAY TALBOS NG KAMOTE AYOS NA..ILOKANO ako eh, he he he he he he...99% we eat Filipino food courtesy of Filipino stores here around....besides I plant some popular filipino veggies at our backyard...WE DON'T BUY SIGNATURE CLOTHES IF IT'S NOT ON SALE...WE ALWAYS HAVE A COMPILATION OF COUPONS EVERY SUNDAY and from it we buy groceries and other needs with big discounts....AND WE ARE SAVING A LOT... PERO minsan naman kasi mga ibang umuuwi doon sa pinas they really give that notion na angat na angat sila at mukhang bibilhin ang laman ng mall pag umasta ( oo pera nila karapatan nila yun, but the sad truth is mahirap talagang kitain ). aah basta kami halos araw-araw may kausap kaming kapamilya thru text, ym or call at alam nila nangyayari dito...at bago ako umalis sa amin eh, sinabihan ko na mga kapatid ko na huwag isipin na porke't andito na ako madaling kumkita ng pera...na piliting wag manghingi o humiram o magpabili ng kung anu-ano kung di rin lang kailangan.... dahil kusa naman akong magbibigay.... the point is pag pinamihasa mo na galante ka sa kanila...iyon iisipin talaga nila na madaling kumita ng pera at di mahihiyang manghingi o manghiram o magpabili.....di masamang tumulong o magpaaral ng anak ng mga kapatid.. kapamilya mo yun eh, kadugo, kapuso pero feeling natin minsan umaabuso kasi di natin binibigyan ng konting responsibilidad ang mga kamag-anak natin...kaya kahit di na magtrabaho..ayos lang kasi andiyan naman tayo ..hindi ganun..paano naman mga sariling pamilya natin dito? di ba? PEACE!

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.