JLN7124

Self sponsorship?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello again

After reading through the forum there seems to be a bit of confusion as to how much money you need to self sponsor. My fiance is currently based in England and has tried contacting the London embassy by email but he received an undeliverable message. Does anybody know the correct email address? Anyone with self sponsorship info would be a big help. If he can not self sponsor,I am confused as to which of the forms would have to be filled out; the I134 or the I864. From what I gather they should both be filled out, but should I submit them from just my co sponsor, or myself and my cosponsor?

Jessica

p.s. according to k1 guide i should send him 134/864 now, (since i have received the noa2). however should i wait until i am sure the london embassy has the package to send these docs. to him?

LondonConsular@state.gov is the email addy

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I self-sponsored, but I'm afraid I have no idea what the minimum amount you have to demonstrate is. Perhaps someone else knows.

I emailed the London Embassy to check on what was needed and they told me that I didn't need to fill out any forms at all. Just had to demonstrate having sufficient funds (I used copy of bank account, tax return and letter from tax accountant of which only the latter was needed) and had to write a statement showing how I would transfer funds to the US. I stated in the letter that I had already made an international money transfer to my US fiance's bank account (of which I had a copy which they didn't ask to see) and that I would do another if these funds proved insufficient to support me until I received EAD). I also said that I was keeping my UK bank account open and that I could withdraw funds using my ATM card.

At the interview they were happy with this but told me that I would need more than this, i.e. sponsorship forms when it came to applying for AOS.

Hope this helps

Alison (F)

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

You need the I-134 for the Embassy Interview and the I-864 for AOS in the States. As has been said countless times over the past few days (quite often to me, in fact!) Make sure that you can meet the poverty guidelines for the I-864 which probably will be needed within 6 months of a successful interview.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Actually, if you self-sponsor in London you don't need the I-194 at the interview. I emailed the Embassy first to check on this and as they confirmed this I did not bring one (and brought a copy of their email telling me I didn't need to). Passed interview with flying colours. I will need to produce I-864 when I apply for AOS.

However, I recommend that people check themselves with the Embassy if they're planning on not bringing filling out an I-194 as it's not stated clearly on any of the websites that it is not required.

Sorry, I meant I-134, not I-194. All these numbers are going round and round in my head.... :wacko:

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.