AFQuaid

How the US Embassy In London

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just wondering when we get to the interview stage (way off yet) how the US embassy in London is for wheelchair access? I assume they HAVE to have access just wondering if anybody noticed anybody in a wheelchair whilst perhaps you were waiting in the waiting room for your interview or whatnot. I'm hoping it won't be a problem when it comes down to it. Bit worried about the chest x-ray at the medical I cannot lean forward to put my chin on the bar everybody talks about. Wonder what would happen then....I mean I can lean forward but an operation to fuse my spine prevents me from sitting forward more in say 5 degrees from bolt upright...

Advice? :huh:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: Timeline

Hello Andrew,

While at the Embassy I did not notice anything different, there are steps you have to go upto round the front of the Embassy once you pass through security, which by the way is all on ground level till that is you get to the steps. I am going to presume that they have disabled access somewhere around the building.

When you ring the medical centre, advise them of your condition and they have to make provisions for this.

If I were you I would also e-mail the Embassy with details of your condition once you have recieved a case number. They may take a couple of days to reply but im am sure you will get a response.

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Hi Janice,

Actually Fiona here :blush: ....Thanks for your comments. I'll e-mail the embassy and mention this. So far we have had no health questions at our stage in the process of the k-1. But with the RFE being sent in this week there are pictures of us both which may alert them. But yes good idea, I shall "make sure." I surely don't want to get there and they don't know how to handle me!

Love hurts

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

You'll do anything

Hi Andrew and Fiona,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw a wheelchair ramp at the US embassy when we were there in November. We were looking for some easy way of getting my baby daughter's buggy up the flight of steps into the Embassy, but I don't think there was anyone at hand to help with the ramp(if I'm right). In the end, we had to carry the heavy buggy up the steps. I would think that they must have some sort of provision for wheelchairs. It would pretty bad if they didn't! Best to check this out though, as others on here have said. I didn't see anyone in the embassy at the time who was in a wheelchair.

Good luck! :)

Anthony & Caitlin's Visa Journey

======================

Oct 2001 - Met on an internet dating website

10/21/2001 - Met in person for the first time in London!

Nov 2002 - Anthony & Caitlin get engaged in London!

03/20/2003 - Anthony & Caitlin get married in the UK :)

04/30/2005 - I-130 completed and sent off

05/03/2005 - Forgot to send it Marriage certificate, sent by post!

05/09/2005 - London Embassy notifies us of receipt of I-130

06/02/2005 - Pkt 3 received

08/02/2005 - Pkt 3 completed and sent back

09/30/2005 - Pkt 4 received - Interview date set for 4th November

09/09/2005 - First child is born! Baby girl named Brianna :)

Sept 2005 - Went to get up-to-date TD and MMR shots at local doctors

10/17/2005 - Medical exam in London

11/04/2005 - Interview at London Embassy - GOT THE VISA!!

04/30/2006 - First trip back to the States since getting visa - MRIV in passport stamped!

05/09/2006 - Flew back to the UK to complete sale of apartment

05/17/2006 - Received 'Welcome to the United States' letter

05/30/2006 - Green Card arrives in mail!! - Waiting for SSN now

07/10/2006 - The big move to Ohio!!

07/11/2006 - SSN doesn't arrive in mail, Anthony applies in person

07/18/2006 - Received SSN!!

08/22/2006 - Anthony gets his Ohio drivers license - journey is finally complete!!

Read my POE Experience in Newark

Filed: Timeline
So far we have had no health questions at our stage in the process of the k-1

Hi again Fiona

When you get the health form from the medical centre there will be questions on their that must be answered fully, use a separate sheet of paper if need be. I am sure somebody knows the medical centre phone number, ive been searching but cant fine the damn thing lol.

Janice

Edited by arwensun1965

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

:( That aint good you had to carry the buggy up a flight of steps. Though I'd like to see them TRY and lift me and my electric wheelchair up a flight of steps! Won't I cause a lot of fuss? ROFL :lol: I'm tryin to find the email addy for the US embassy theirs an email addy for scotland, ireland but not england! Grr don't want to have to call them but suppose I may have to!

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.