jamesNrei

DV paid in AUGUST, Visa pending as of OCTOBER 7

2,857 posts in this topic

hi guys! i am driving here sa maryland using my international license. pero once na ready na ako kumuha ng license, kukuha na rin ako. i'm just preparing myself pa. practice pa ako ng practice. nakakaloka, ang bilis ng mga sasakyan dito.

anyway, yun lang naman so far.

ingat sa lahat!

nag-written exam ka na ba?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys! i am driving here sa maryland using my international license. pero once na ready na ako kumuha ng license, kukuha na rin ako. i'm just preparing myself pa. practice pa ako ng practice. nakakaloka, ang bilis ng mga sasakyan dito.

ingat sa lahat!

hindi pa ako nag-written. i need to take alcohol and drug free class and i have to pass the test para sa class na yun. after non, i have to show the result before ako makakuha ng written tapos actual na. medyo iba ang rules dito.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!!!!

Kamusta na kayong lahat?

Ngayon na lang uli ako nakapag open ng Visa Journey dahil alam nyo naman ang buhay natin dito sa US, very busy and ang bilis ng oras.

May good news din ako, may regular work na ako as a Concierge sa isang Senior Living dito sa NY..masaya ako and nag eenjoy naman ako sa work ko.

Ang bad news lang ay I failed my actual road test last March kaya eto hanggang ngayon di pa uli ako nag practice nadala na ata ako, pero I will start and have driving lessons here para mag retake ako, napakahirap ng di makapag drive dito, to think 8 yrs na akong nag drive sa Pinas stick shift pa ang gamit ko dun,before going here...tsk...tsk...the examiner was a lady, ang strict dito sa NY sabi nila lalo na after ng 9 11.

niwey...

Everything's going well din with regards to my daughter's studies, Thank God, everything's falling into place.

Regards sanyo lahat esp. to Minang & Jose Rizal...

God Bless you all and Good luck sa ating lahat... :dance::dance::dance:

ingat sa lahat!

Same here, also failed the actual driver's test. I was able to do one good parallel parking but failed in 2 others. The examiner wanted me to make 3, pusa siya! Anyway, I have another sked this week so hopefully, I will be going home with the license. It's kinda ironic that I bought already my on car but cannot drive it.

Magandang umaga.

Ang inyong lingkod, the domesticated goddess, hmp!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys! nice to hear your updates. I'm just waiting for my EAD/GC to arrive which ever will come first so I can apply for driver's license. From everyone's feedback, seems like its tough to pass the test.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh wow, this thread is still alive! :D Awesome!

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Timeline

Update:

Since i cant work and im bored like hell. Ive been tagging along Matt 24/7 hehe. Ive been going to school with him so im learning about IT security... Geeky! :P~ Ive been helping him with his business so we've been driving back and forth from San Antonio to New Braunfels or Boerne or Austin. Trying to be a good wifey :D.

I wanted to file my AOS earlier but ermmmm cant get the recent ITR until Matt finishes his taxes. So i have to wait till march to file and send everything. Btw, i did get my SSN without my EAD. They just looked at my I-94, passport and marraige certificate. I was afraid they might say otherwise so i came prepared with an argument Lol. We needed the SSN for the tax refunds which we got btw. But the staff that catered me didnt ask any questions... she just had me fill out the standard form... checked and signed it... then told me that ill receive my card in a week by mail. When i got the SSN card in the mail, it says "valid for work only with DHS authorization".

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

Timeline

lorraine: As for getting SSNs, i think it depends on the local SSA's office policy about giving out SSN coz some got theirs without EAD and some didnt.

jamesnrei: Wow im happy for you. The approval of your case was fast :).

JoseRizal: Do you work na?

As for my AOS and EAD:

Filed and sent it. My AOS got transferred to CSC. But the oddest thing was when i went for my biometrics. They are having trouble getting my prints. The staff said that either my prints faded or their machine sucks (#######?!). So they have to transfer me to a high definition machine and took my prints there. They said its no big deal coz if they cant match or read it, they will just send me a notice if they needed to take my prints again. They said it happens a lot ... that prints fade....and i shouldnt worry about it. To my despair, they did send me another biometrics appointment (May 14th). *sigh* Its like a months delay. But so far no RFEs.

Oh btw, no baby yet :).

Edited by PingLocalHostess

lorraine: As for getting SSNs, i think it depends on the local SSA's office policy about giving out SSN coz some got theirs without EAD and some didnt.

jamesnrei: Wow im happy for you. The approval of your case was fast :).

JoseRizal: Do you work na?

As for my AOS and EAD:

Filed and sent it. My AOS got transferred to CSC. But the oddest thing was when i went for my biometrics. They are having trouble getting my prints. The staff said that either my prints faded or their machine sucks (#######?!). So they have to transfer me to a high definition machine and took my prints there. They said its no big deal coz if they cant match or read it, they will just send me a notice if they needed to take my prints again. They said it happens a lot ... that prints fade....and i shouldnt worry about it. To my despair, they did send me another biometrics appointment (May 14th). *sigh* Its like a months delay. But so far no RFEs.

Oh btw, no baby yet :).

Yup. Yaya. Katulong at Driver! Haha! Actually an insurance company is offering me a job but still contemplating about it. Busy na ako sa tatlo kong trabaho! :P

Ang bad news lang ay I failed my actual road test last March kaya eto hanggang ngayon di pa uli ako nag practice nadala na ata ako, pero I will start and have driving lessons here para mag retake ako, napakahirap ng di makapag drive dito, to think 8 yrs na akong nag drive sa Pinas stick shift pa ang gamit ko dun,before going here...tsk...tsk...the examiner was a lady, ang strict dito sa NY sabi nila lalo na after ng 9 11.

Sa totoo lang masmahirap kung nagmamaneho ka sa Pilipinas kasi may driving habits ka na kailang mong i-unlearn. Kaya ako tuloy bumagsak din sa driving test. Conscious naman ako kaso yung Pilipino driving instincts ang nag-prevail. Basta practice ka lang. Di bale na gumastos ka sa driving lessons kahit two hours lang. Alam mo naman dito kapag wala kang licensya dito mahirap kasi di ka na makapagdrive wala ka pang valid id na common. :)

Timeline

JoseRizal: Im bet you are having fun with your kids. How was Easter? I miss going to the beach on Easter Sunday. So far si Matt pa lang ang inaalagaan ko.

I tried to get a state ID so i can have a US valid ID but ermmm they wont issue until i get a green card or an EAD. So.. i dont drive yet. Learning the ropes. :)

JoseRizal: Im bet you are having fun with your kids. How was Easter? I miss going to the beach on Easter Sunday. So far si Matt pa lang ang inaalagaan ko.

I tried to get a state ID so i can have a US valid ID but ermmm they wont issue until i get a green card or an EAD. So.. i dont drive yet. Learning the ropes. :)

How come you still don't have your greencard? BTW, will be going to San Antonio 2nd week of June!

Timeline
How come you still don't have your greencard? BTW, will be going to San Antonio 2nd week of June!

None of us has green cards yet. But jamesnrei's AOS has been approved so she will get hers in the mail soon.

My AOS is still pending. I was supposed to file my AOS last January but we had issues in filing Matt's ITR. We couldnt file his ITR online so we had to do it manually which take a bit of time. He included me as his wife, which is proper, and we eventually got our tax refunds :). So filed my AOS last week of March. I have to do my 2nd biometrics this May 14th coz they couldnt match or read my first one. They said its no big deal... but it sure delays it. :) Hopefully no RFEs.

Thats so cool. We should have dinner when you get here. Hopefully we arent out of town :). I didnt get to see jamesnrei when she came over :(.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

pinglocalhostess, we are currently out of town. Actually in Arkansas, it's so pretty here. So I am hoping that when we get back to Texas tom our GC is waiting for us. :) If you've been reading March AOS filers, you'll see that USCIS is doing a pretty good job lately.

Why wait till your biometrics schedule? You can just go there anytime you like and just bring your letter. We did that one time and they didn't make us come back.

Jose Rizal, san antonio is so pretty too. bring your tripod, it will come very handy. :)

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Timeline
pinglocalhostess, we are currently out of town. Actually in Arkansas, it's so pretty here. So I am hoping that when we get back to Texas tom our GC is waiting for us. :) If you've been reading March AOS filers, you'll see that USCIS is doing a pretty good job lately.

Why wait till your biometrics schedule? You can just go there anytime you like and just bring your letter. We did that one time and they didn't make us come back.

Jose Rizal, san antonio is so pretty too. bring your tripod, it will come very handy. :)

jamesnrei: Hmmm Ive read last week about walk-ins in ASC. We'll go there tomorrow to check it out. Hopefully they'll take me in. :) Ill cross my fingers :).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.