iamincognito

leaving on november11 via PAL

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone.. at last i am leaving for the US on november 11 via PAL to LA. i have few questions on my mind though..

1. VACCINATION

i had my vaccination last august(during the medical) and i was advised to have another shot of the MMR after 2 months (that's by the end of october).. do i have to get the shot or i can just do it in the states??

2. CFO

does the new NAIA (w/c has the PAL flights) have a CFO booth?

3. BAGGAGE

how much is the baggage limit for PAL? i intend to bring me one suitcase and one carry on only.

and if there are any more things you would like to share with me about traveling to the US the first time, it would be a lot of help! or maybe there are some of you who'll be leaving on the same date as mine, that would be great!

thanks everybody!

K1 TIMELINE

04.08.08 - i-129f sent to vermont

04.10.08 - i-129f NOA 1

05.15.08 - i-129f NOA 2

05.20.08 - NVC received

06.10.08 - medical exam, paid for document verification

06.17-19.08 - needed to go back for sputum exam

06.19.08 - scheduled interview (POSTPONED due to sputum exam)

07.08 - my fiance's deployed to russia

08.26.08 - 2nd medical exam completed at st. lukes, NEGATIVE SPUTUM EXAM

08.29.08 - interview at USEM (with PINK SLIP!)

09.03.08 - at 3pm, USEM released passport for delivery - accdg to Delbros' website

09.06.08 - US visa in my hands (with 11.15.08 as expiration date)

AOS TIMELINE

01.30.09 - date of marriage

02.04.09 - sent requirements for AOS

02.06.09 - requirements received by USCIS

02.10.09 - notice date for biometrics

02.24.09 - BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE

04.13.09 - EAD AT HAND

07.08.09 - INTERVIEW @ MT. LAUREL, NJ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone.. at last i am leaving for the US on november 11 via PAL to LA. i have few questions on my mind though..

1. VACCINATION

i had my vaccination last august(during the medical) and i was advised to have another shot of the MMR after 2 months (that's by the end of october).. do i have to get the shot or i can just do it in the states??

I think you can have the shots in the states.. I was told by a doctor before, the K1 visa applicants have the options of getting the shots in the states.

2. CFO

does the new NAIA (w/c has the PAL flights) have a CFO booth? I think not.. NAIA doesn't have a CFO booth there.

3. BAGGAGE

how much is the baggage limit for PAL? i intend to bring me one suitcase and one carry on only. Last time I heard you are allowed to bring 2 pcs of luggages 50 lbs each and one carry on. (check the PAL website for more info)

and if there are any more things you would like to share with me about traveling to the US the first time, it would be a lot of help! or maybe there are some of you who'll be leaving on the same date as mine, that would be great!

Take Care and Have a safe trip!!! :dance::dance::dance:

thanks everybody!

snxcq70j3.png

congratulations on getting your visa. i am sure you are excited like heck, like i was a few years ago. an advice i can give you is to spend a lot of time with your friends and family, make each day count, build lasting memories and eat a lot of your favorite filipino food...although if you're going to live in LA, they have a lot of filipino restaurants anyway.

make sure you bring extra copies of your birth certificate, your college transcript and diploma. leave some blank sheets of paper with your signature at the bottom, in case your mom needs it for something (my mom used it to get my tax rebate and close my credit card account).

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. VACCINATION

i had my vaccination last august(during the medical) and i was advised to have another shot of the MMR after 2 months (that's by the end of october).. do i have to get the shot or i can just do it in the states?? lordy, it's very expensive there. Better get your shots here in the Philippines.

2. CFO

does the new NAIA (w/c has the PAL flights) have a CFO booth? They do have that booth. -- Make sure your slticker and certificate are all wwith you when you fly our of the country.

3. BAGGAGE

how much is the baggage limit for PAL? i intend to bring me one suitcase and one carry on only. --- standard now is 50lbs max for your luggage. Anything in excess is at least $80 minimum. Reminder: please declare your food items that you are bringing if any.

thanks everybody!

Hope this helps. God bless and be safe! Don't forget to thank the Lord for all the blessings. May you have a wonderful life ahead.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline

thanks! i was able to find the site for the vaccination in the US by the civil surgeon, only costs $10-20. have to verify on this. i decided not to get my 2nd shot of MMR here because the last tym i did (during the medical), i had the measles after 2 weeks even though i already had measles during childhood.. weird.

K1 TIMELINE

04.10.08 - i-129f NOA 1

05.15.08 - i-129f NOA 2

05.20.08 - NVC received

09.03.08 - at 3pm, USEM released passport for delivery - accdg to Delbros' website

AOS TIMELINE

04.13.09 - EAD AT HAND

Timeline
congratulations on getting your visa. i am sure you are excited like heck, like i was a few years ago. an advice i can give you is to spend a lot of time with your friends and family, make each day count, build lasting memories and eat a lot of your favorite filipino food...although if you're going to live in LA, they have a lot of filipino restaurants anyway.

make sure you bring extra copies of your birth certificate, your college transcript and diploma. leave some blank sheets of paper with your signature at the bottom, in case your mom needs it for something (my mom used it to get my tax rebate and close my credit card account).

i'll be eventually settling in jersey. LA is my POE, and my destination is in Durham,NC (with my fiance's family) until my fiance arrives in the states on january after his current deployment.. thanks a lot for the other tips though!

K1 TIMELINE

04.10.08 - i-129f NOA 1

05.15.08 - i-129f NOA 2

05.20.08 - NVC received

AOS TIMELINE

04.13.09 - EAD AT HAND

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.