jordin

Waiting period for vivienda to clear you out

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

My fiancee received her visa on September 2, 2008. She is been doing all the steps to get the carta blanca and she has it. Now she is been waiting for Vivienda urbana to clear her out so she can buy her plane ticket. Does anyone knows how long it take for vivienda urbana to clear a house doing the inventory for an apartment located in la Habana Vieja?

I just can't believe what my fiancee is telling me? That It may take another 30 days. Impossible. Please any reply will be welcome.

Jordin

jordan soto

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
My fiancee received her visa on September 2, 2008. She is been doing all the steps to get the carta blanca and she has it. Now she is been waiting for Vivienda urbana to clear her out so she can buy her plane ticket. Does anyone knows how long it take for vivienda urbana to clear a house doing the inventory for an apartment located in la Habana Vieja?

I just can't believe what my fiancee is telling me? That It may take another 30 days. Impossible. Please any reply will be welcome.

Jordin

Hi, unfortunately, that may be true. My fiancee received his visa on July 17th, and between the vivienda and everything else he did not get the Carta Blanca ontil September 25th. Then He had to wait 10 days to leave. The good news is that he is arriving in New York tonight, Oct. 5th. Be patient, the Cubans made him go back and forth to all the offices several times. I have heard it is a little faster in Havana, he was in Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.