Brightstar

A quick question!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did, just in case, wouldn't hurt to send, right?

Don't forget to include a copy of your info page as well

02/20/2008 - wedding

06/09/2008 - finally sent package!

06/11/2008 - package received

06/19/2008 - NOA received - I-485, I-130, I-765

06/23/2008 - I-765 correction sent

06/25/2008 - I-765 correction received

06/30/2008 - NOA received, biometrics scheduled

07/11/2008 - I-485, I-765 touched

07/15/2008 - Biometrics

09/14/2008 - 90 days since NOA, no news about my EAD.

09/15/2008 - Called USCIS, no holds on my case, they made an inquiry on my EAD.

09/20/2008 - Got a letter saying they are working on my I-765 actively and there's nothing they could do, I have to wait for 6 more months till I'm "out of the" timeline again GRRRRRRRRRRR

09/25/2008 - Infopass appt.

09/26/2008 - EAD, card production ordered. YAAAAAAAAAAAY

09/29/2008 - EAD touched

10/01/2008 - EAD touched

10/03/2008 - Approval notice sent!yupyyyyyyyyyy

10/04/2008 - Finally received the EAD, time to go job hunting!

11/19/2008 - Interview letter received

01/13/2009 - Interview date APPROVED

01/13/2009 - Card production ordered

01/22/2009 - Aproval notice sent

01/22/2009 - Received Green Card YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

.png

And if your J1 visa had the 2 yr. foreign residency requirement, it has to be satisfied or waived before you can apply for AOS- no matter how long ago it was, or how many different visas you have received since then.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Filed: Timeline
And if your J1 visa had the 2 yr. foreign residency requirement, it has to be satisfied or waived before you can apply for AOS- no matter how long ago it was, or how many different visas you have received since then.

I have only one year of J-1 visa as an exchange student, does that apply to that requirement?

The issue isn't how long your visa was for-it's about if on your visa and DS-2019 they indicated that you were subject to the 2 yr. rule. My J1 is also for a yr but I'm subject to the rule.

USCIS TIMELINE

The issue isn't how long your visa was for-it's about if on your visa and DS-2019 they indicated that you were subject to the 2 yr. rule. My J1 is also for a yr but I'm subject to the rule.

After I had my J-1 for one year ( I just came here when i was in 10th grade)I went back and got my F-1 and been here ever since. How do i know if I am subjected to the rule? I read I-612 instruction and i am really confused. So if you can, please please help me. I am so lost here.

I believe these are the two-year foreign residence requirement if:

1. His or her participation in the exchange program was financed at any time in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by an agency of the U.S. Government or by the government of his or her country of nationality or last foreign residence; or How do I know if my exchange program are funded by government directly and indirectly.. It is a private program

2. Prior to issuance of an exchange visitor visa, or admission as an exchange visitor without a visa, or acquisition of status as an exchange visitor, to participate in an exchange program, his or her country of nationality or last foreign residence was designated by the U.S. Secretary of State as clearly requiring the alien's specialized knowledge or skill; or Is there any ways I know that?

3. He or she entered the United States as, or changed status to, an exchange visitor on or after January 10, 1977, to participate in graduate medical education or training. I am not apply to those

I am very appreciated that you gave me info about that because I totally didn't know that regulation at all. Thanks again!!!!

Edited by Brightstar

Look on the J1 visa in your passport and see if its says "bearer is subject to rule, two yr. rule does apply". You also would have received either a ds 2019 or an iap...something- its basically the certificate of eligibility for j1 status. at the bottom it should also indicate whether or not this rule applies to you.

Look on the J1 visa in your passport and see if its says "bearer is subject to rule, two yr. rule does apply". You also would have received either a ds 2019 or an iap...something- its basically the certificate of eligibility for j1 status. at the bottom it should also indicate whether or not this rule applies to you.

also check here

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1267.html#12

USCIS TIMELINE

also check here

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1267.html#12

THANK YOU!!!! I just looked at my J-1 visa page and it is said that the rule doesn't apply to me. PHEW! So do I still need to send in a copy of it when i send in my AOS though?

KIMCORENE, you have been a big help. Thanks so much!

You are very welcome-that's what we are here for, to help each other. I don't think it would hurt to send a copy of it- I believe its better to have too much evidence than too little. While they send RFEs, I never heard USCIS telling anyone they sent too much info,lol

USCIS TIMELINE

You are very welcome-that's what we are here for, to help each other. I don't think it would hurt to send a copy of it- I believe its better to have too much evidence than too little. While they send RFEs, I never heard USCIS telling anyone they sent too much info,lol

haha yeah, you are right. Well, I hope your AOS application go smoothly. I saw that you already mailed in your AOS.

I actually only did my I-130 as I am in the process of applying for a waiver of the requirement. So I have to wait for it to be approved before I can file for AOS.

USCIS TIMELINE

I'm on a J1 visa and I just checked my waiver case and I got the favorable recommendation I've been waiting on- AOS HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

USCIS TIMELINE

:dance: I do! I had already prepared all my evidence and stuff for the AOS package, I only need to complete the forms, so I expect to mail my package as soon as I do my medical- I'm going to try to make an appointment today.

USCIS TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.