Jump to content

How does he do it?


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England

My fiance has come through JFK and gotten the temporary EAD stamped into his passport. Has anyone else gotten a job using this as prrof of being authorized to work? He has applied for a social security number but not yet received anything (as he's not yet in the system and has to be manually verified) so how can they collect taxes, etc. from his wages? Help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Other Timeline

He will probably need to wait for his SS number before anyone will hire him.

The only problem with this temp EAD is that it is only good for 90 days. If he gets a job, he may have to quit if he doesn't have his one-year EAD within the 90 day window. And that doesn't happen often.

Oh Gwen, now that he is here, you probably need to move your posts to the AOS or EAD forums, or post in the London Graduates thread.

Edited by rebeccajo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...