Clark needs help

Question about the i-130 form

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm going to petition my wife who is living in the Philippines. My question is, since we are married, on " Information about your relative " Can I put for her Last Name my last name, or her last name before she married me? I'm confused, and don't want to screw up the process. Please help.

Also since she is a filipina, her family name would now be her new middle name so on the section "other names used" do I just put her maiden name that she wont be using anymore since her father's name is her new middle name?? Confusing I know.

I'm going to petition my wife who is living in the Philippines. My question is, since we are married, on " Information about your relative " Can I put for her Last Name my last name, or her last name before she married me? I'm confused, and don't want to screw up the process. Please help.

Also since she is a filipina, her family name would now be her new middle name so on the section "other names used" do I just put her maiden name that she wont be using anymore since her father's name is her new middle name?? Confusing I know.

If the marriage certificate says your name that's what you do. Her new name would be Jane [maiden name][your name]. Put maiden name under other names used.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

If the marriage certificate says your name that's what you do. Her new name would be Jane [maiden name][your name]. Put maiden name under other names used.

On our marriage certificate it is listed As Her original name. So whatever is listed on our marriage certificate is what I put on the i-130?

Her passport will be in her married name? Then use your last name as her last name, and put her name when she was single in "other name used". Yes, you can put her maiden name as a middle name (that's what i am using now since i don't have a 2nd name, too). Having a marriage certificate as a proof, she can automatically use her married name in any documents.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Her passport will be in her married name? Then use your last name as her last name, and put her name when she was single in "other name used". Yes, you can put her maiden name as a middle name (that's what i am using now since i don't have a 2nd name, too). Having a marriage certificate as a proof, she can automatically use her married name in any documents.

But should i put for "middle name" her fathers name now since she has to drop her maiden name? Heres what I mean. Her name before we got married is [/size] lesel consencino flores but when we got married she told me that it is now Lesel Flores Ignacio. she hasnt yet updated her ID or havent gotten a passport yet, im making her do that now..so when I fill out the i-130 and put on there LESEL FLORES IGNACIO, and on other names used put CONSENCINO, should I explain on a separate sheet of paper the reason for her middle name changing?

But should i put for "middle name" her fathers name now since she has to drop her maiden name? Heres what I mean. Her name before we got married is [/size] lesel consencino flores but when we got married she told me that it is now Lesel Flores Ignacio. she hasnt yet updated her ID or havent gotten a passport yet, im making her do that now..so when I fill out the i-130 and put on there LESEL FLORES IGNACIO, and on other names used put CONSENCINO, should I explain on a separate sheet of paper the reason for her middle name changing?

Yup, that's the way i am using now on my married name, my maiden name became my middle name. Just tell your spouse to apply a passport under her married name LESEL FLORES IGNACIO. No need to explain about the name change coz' the marriage certificate will tell it all as proof. Some form will ask "other name used" there you or she can put "lesel consencino flores". That way, all her documents will be under her married name as LESEL FLORES IGNACIO.

Edited by walls1010

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.