Marlita

Kingston Jamaica Housing/Hotels

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

I know that we have an LDR thread that posts a few hotels, but I needed a bit more detailed info for Kingstons housing/hotel options.

I am going down for the interview on Oct. 18th, and plan to fly into Kingston probably. I dont want to spend some crazy amount of money there for hotels the whole time. I'd rather just rent out a guest room or something or pay a solid fee to stay somewhere for about 4-5 days. Do you have any suggestions.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to rent a room for a few days or rent a little guest house with access to a bathroom and kitchen.

Hotels are an option if they are cheap. I mean cheap cheap. $50 night. Thats what I stayed in last time in Kingston and it was fine, but no kitchen. If you have family, friends or another suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks! :star:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello All,

I know that we have an LDR thread that posts a few hotels, but I needed a bit more detailed info for Kingstons housing/hotel options.

I am going down for the interview on Oct. 18th, and plan to fly into Kingston probably. I dont want to spend some crazy amount of money there for hotels the whole time. I'd rather just rent out a guest room or something or pay a solid fee to stay somewhere for about 4-5 days. Do you have any suggestions.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to rent a room for a few days or rent a little guest house with access to a bathroom and kitchen.

Hotels are an option if they are cheap. I mean cheap cheap. $50 night. Thats what I stayed in last time in Kingston and it was fine, but no kitchen. If you have family, friends or another suggestion, please let me know.

Lita;

Check out ChristarVillas. I don't know what the rates are now, but they have a kitchen. I would love for you to stay with some of my friends, but I want to keep you as a FRIEND - if you get what I mean. Hubby doesn't know anyone from the area?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hello All,

Lita;

Check out ChristarVillas. I don't know what the rates are now, but they have a kitchen. I would love for you to stay with some of my friends, but I want to keep you as a FRIEND - if you get what I mean. Hubby doesn't know anyone from the area?

His mom lives in Spanish town...too far away, and he has friends near HWT and other parts of Kingston, but they dont have anywhere for us. I know a few people I've met from my blog but that may be an option. Otherwise we just wanted to find someone who didnt mind making a little money from a bordering couple.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on the interview date :thumbs: I'll see if hubby can make some recommedations on smaller guest houses.

Found this at Sangsters Realty:

http://sangstersrealty.com/properties/prop7436.htm

Here is the link to all rentals in Kingston:

http://sangstersrealty.com/jamaica_vacatio...os.htm#KINGSTON

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh thanks Jonesie. Those are exactly what we are looking for. So much more our style. good lookin!

Tripadvisor.com (Jamaica forum) may be another good resource. Good luck!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello All,

We stayed at the seahorse rider inn in portmore. We payed like 40 a nite and were abt half hour from the embassy. There was a cheaper room than what we had. It was clean i would go back. They had continental breakfast. There are others on that strip but chris sister said that this was a good one.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
i know where ur talking kim and yes they r cheaper right on the beach too..sea horse is nice

Thanks JAlove! I'll check that out. $40 and cheaper is great!! I just want a clean place where we can shower. I swear we are never in the room when I stay there.

Where can I find more info about this area you guys are talking about?

i know where ur talking kim and yes they r cheaper right on the beach too..sea horse is nice

Thanks JAlove! I'll check that out. $40 and cheaper is great!! I just want a clean place where we can shower. I swear we are never in the room when I stay there.

Marlita, Kishmar lives in Portmouth, so she probably knows it well.

Timeline

Hello Marlita,

I have asked my husband to check a place called Alhambra Inn which is about 5 minute drive to the US Embassy. I would say to be careful staying too far with such an early morning appointment and trying to get transportation.

How long were you planning on staying in Kingston?

I want to THANK everyone for all their prayers, well wishes, and congrates. We really appreciate everyone's support and will continue to need that support as we go to the last leg of the journey.

Does anyone know or have started a thread with the information needed or 'should have' for the interview?

Please share.

Thanks

Wanda

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seahorse Rider Inn (876)-704-6245 Portmore, South West Kingston, Starting from US$: 45-55.

http://www.seejamaicacheaply.com/featured_...chByKeyword.y=0

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Hello Marlita,

I have asked my husband to check a place called Alhambra Inn which is about 5 minute drive to the US Embassy. I would say to be careful staying too far with such an early morning appointment and trying to get transportation.

How long were you planning on staying in Kingston?

I want to THANK everyone for all their prayers, well wishes, and congrates. We really appreciate everyone's support and will continue to need that support as we go to the last leg of the journey.

Does anyone know or have started a thread with the information needed or 'should have' for the interview?

Please share.

Thanks

Wanda

For the marriage visas all I think we need to bring are:

Medical Exam Results (if you plan to pick them up which i highly recommend)

4 passport size photos

Beneficiary Passport

The police certificate (remember they gave you two where one was an original that was sent to NVC and the other was the carbon copy that you should still have)

I would also bring original copies/certified copies if you have even though NVC should have forwarded them to the embassy:

Marriage Certificate

Beneficiary birth certificate

And then your "proof of relationship", photos, phone bill etc....I would also bring your I-130 approval notice...i remember a VJ member posting that he/she got blue slipped because they asked for proof of filing I-130 which i don't know why they would ask since they wouldn't have gotten that far if they weren't approved but he/she had to come back with the approval notices...

I think that should cover everything...are you going to be there???...congratulations again on finally getting your interview... :dance: :dance:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

def clean..girlfriend had her wedding party get dressed there...nite life is fun too

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.