Mo_Mati

Transfer Sponsor's Change of Address??

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

After getting my husband and I moved. When we applied for the AOS/AP/EAD we also submitted the paperwork to change both the petitioners and the sponsor's address.

The I-865 (Sponsor Change of Address) was received on Aug 6, 2008. Since then I have received 3 NOAs about this change.

The first actually is dated 8/6/08 and is a Receipt Notice (FYI. The receipt number is actually different on this one and starts with LIN). This one states that my address has been updated

The second is dated 8/8/08 and doesn't say much else besides that the petition was received. It does have my correct info on it.

Now the third came today. My husband's AOS was transfered to CSC today, and another letter came stating that my I-865 was also transfered and that it will be processed there.

I guess I didn't know that there was anything else to PROCESS. It is not like they must approve my address change...it is what it is and it is clearly already in the system as our mail is coming to the new address. Anyone have an idea what is going on?? I have gotten no letters like this saying that my husband's notice of change of address was also transfered.

Also...anyone know how to fix the fact that my husband's name is incorrect on all three of his NOA's? How can we update his name?

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
Also...anyone know how to fix the fact that my husband's name is incorrect on all three of his NOA's? How can we update his name? Thanks!

ANSWER:

USC/petitioner - benificiary in Santiago: To change MY own erroneous name I simply called them on the phone. My notice of action read LAST, MIDDLE FIRST because I had entered it incorrectly on the I-130! (dummy me)

I carefully read the back of the "notice of action form" and it gave a phone number to call if there was "any problem with the information on this page." It was fixed in just a few minutes.

In your case: I would locate the first form that has the erroneous name listed, and read the back of the page.

All those RFE's? I'll bet they have already noticed the name error (they do have his birth certificate don't they) and they are waiting for you to notice. (just guessing, who knows... Sometimes I think they are just testing us!)

I hope that helps. Yo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.